Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

My top 3 to hoop in.
DEDC4CBD-E82D-4AB9-8097-D267F9D03648.jpeg

Do u have two pairs of those Brons or did you swap with a friend?

How is break in going? Few sessions all it takes?

Just found this thread now. Happy to contribute my performance findings and pickups/rotation.

look about 2 games with my mamba day protros. they felt decent towards the end of my game yesterday.

hooped in the dame 5 again today. i really wanted to like these more than i do, but traction is not that good on a dusty court and they feel cheap af. like even the shoelaces feel cheap af lol. might just keep these in the trunk for outdoor sessions.

out of what i've been hooping in lately, i've been wanting to play in the zer0.2s the most. it's def not better than the protro 1s, but imo it's more fun to play in.

Hyperrevs and Hyperlives....super slept on!!!

Anyone who has bought new sigs or new releases, whats the best shoe out there right now??? I'm hearing the PG 3 is on top right now even though they feel a little on the cheap side.

Latest release that I got was the Kyrie 4 and they were solid. Nothing out of this world but it was a good shoe overall in every category for me (cushion of course isn't up there with KD's, Brons and Kobe's) but they felt a lot better right away than his previous sigs.

Anyone who has bought new sigs or new releases, whats the best shoe out there right now??? I'm hearing the PG 3 is on top right now even though they feel a little on the cheap side.

Latest release that I got was the Kyrie 4 and they were solid. Nothing out of this world but it was a good shoe overall in every category for me (cushion of course isn't up there with KD's, Brons and Kobe's) but they felt a lot better right away than his previous sigs.

Kobe 1. It's the perfect shoe for me, being only about 155 pounds, the top loaded full length zoom can be felt by me and it's plush. Whereas something like the lebron 16, I'm too light to sink into it and I don't get that plush feeling. Also traction is 99 because I never wipe in game

just off value alone, i'd say kobe protro 1 or harden 3. both can be had for pretty cheap at outlets. i paid 60 for the protros and 50 for the hardens, but anything under 90 for each of these is a solid deal imo. off the top of my head, i'd rank it:

traction - kobe
cushioning - even
court feel - harden
break in time - harden
fit - harden
support - kobe
looks - kobe
durability - kobe
outdoor - kobe
ventilation - harden

I'd agree with all that except I have the fit tied. The inner tongue sleeve has a perfect fit for me in the kobe

just off value alone, i'd say kobe protro 1 or harden 3. both can be had for pretty cheap at outlets. i paid 60 for the protros and 50 for the hardens, but anything under 90 for each of these is a solid deal imo. off the top of my head, i'd rank it:

traction - kobe
cushioning - even
court feel - harden
break in time - harden
fit - harden
support - kobe
looks - kobe
durability - kobe
outdoor - kobe
ventilation - harden

I've been looking for the Harden 3 on disco. Outlets have them like that?

I actually have the PG 2.5s in my rotation as well and they are SOMETHING SERIOUS

Thinking of picking up the PG 2.5 Solar Blue pair at Hibbets for $50. Speaking of which, I sprained my ankle yesterday trying to contest a dudes shot and I landed on his foot and my ankle rolled.

Was wearing the PG2, I like the forefoot lockdown but I don’t like how the ankle collar is so loose and open. The PG3 looks like it’s the same way. I love PG’s sig line but I like the fit of the PG1 the best. They improved the 2 with traction and better materials but I just wish the collar was more snug, will cop the PG3 when they debut a decent colorway

WTK 10 typically my go to indoors, with PG 1 being outdoor go to. LeBron XV was cool but the strap has zero functionality, actually it a deterrent because its a thick rubber so it has no give and wouldn’t bend with my foot so it dig into my foot until I unstrapped it and just let it hang. Kyrie 5 traction was garbage on the court I play on so verdicts still out. Played in the Why Nots the other day and zero complaints, containment, cushion and traction were A1.

Attachments

• 6649D9BD-6990-4501-90BA-1EFACD8A70DB.jpeg
    6649D9BD-6990-4501-90BA-1EFACD8A70DB.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 21
  • F4EA9051-7429-47E1-AA6A-EB55D8C40A43.jpeg
    F4EA9051-7429-47E1-AA6A-EB55D8C40A43.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 4B2056D3-804E-4283-B049-654BB0F00947.jpeg
    4B2056D3-804E-4283-B049-654BB0F00947.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 048DD640-007F-44E6-9BD8-C005DA64EDD8.jpeg
    048DD640-007F-44E6-9BD8-C005DA64EDD8.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 20
Thinking of picking up the PG 2.5 Solar Blue pair at Hibbets for $50. Speaking of which, I sprained my ankle yesterday trying to contest a dudes shot and I landed on his foot and my ankle rolled.

Was wearing the PG2, I like the forefoot lockdown but I don’t like how the ankle collar is so loose and open. The PG3 looks like it’s the same way. I love PG’s sig line but I like the fit of the PG1 the best. They improved the 2 with traction and better materials but I just wish the collar was more snug, will cop the PG3 when they debut a decent colorway

Check out the 2.5's. I think it's better containment/fit/lockdown than the 2's.

PG3's I had issues with how narrow it was in the forefoot, and I'm not a wide footer. I didn't really give it a chance to break in I guess, but I don't think I should have to at this point. There's too many shoes out there with materials ready out the box.

Retiring the white/black vol. 3's now that the corrals have arrived. The other 2 only for special occasions, like this week when we lost our league game and I played like *** :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1296.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 27

When I was playing in the PG2's I had to tie the upper laces really tight to feel somewhat secure around the ankle. I ended up lightly spraining my ankle only once so its not a prevalent issue, just feels odd.

Retiring the white/black vol. 3's now that the corrals have arrived. The other 2 only for special occasions, like this week when we lost our league game and I played like *** :lol:

I never got any Kyrie 4’s.

I saw some at the outlet last week almost 50% off... are they worth it?

Protro 1 currently is at the top of the list
still break out the DRose 6 when I want some extra cushioning

I never got any Kyrie 4’s.

I saw some at the outlet last week almost 50% off... are they worth it?
eh, they're nothing special - I just liked the CTC CW. Pretty mediocre cushion with decent materials and traction. Definitely my least favorite to hoop in in the rotation.

Back
Top Bottom