Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

It always scares me when a guy comes in to hoop on Saturday morning in runners or chuck Taylor’s (not saying cross trainers don’t work).

There’s this one guy who frequents my runs and always wears low top chuck Taylor’s like he’s Bill Russell or something.

6-7 games in I’ll be like “how the hell are you doing this?” And he just laughs and keeps going.
He getting it In like this?

It always scares me when a guy comes in to hoop on Saturday morning in runners or chuck Taylor’s (not saying cross trainers don’t work).

There’s this one guy who frequents my runs and always wears low top chuck Taylor’s like he’s Bill Russell or something.

6-7 games in I’ll be like “how the hell are you doing this?” And he just laughs and keeps going.
My friend plays in chucks sometimes cuz thats what he lifts in. He does alright, but hes not going full speed in them things.

Runners are dangerous. I was playing full court once in adidas supernovas because the fat boost felt so good, but i slipped out and sprained my wrists when i braced for the landing.

Well these shot straight to the top of the rotation... wow!

20D81A1D-8463-464D-B496-F0C5BFB28BB6.jpeg

No pairs of Kobe 11 elite came with full length zoom insole from retail right?

Thought I remember reading the elite all star northern lights pairs did. But via eBay auction images I’ve found it’s only heel zoom.

What do you guys wear to play outdoors? I don't play enough to pay for an indoor membership and reading reviews most Nike's won't last. (soft rubber)

I got a pair of Dame 5 on the way to try.

Thought I remember reading the elite all star northern lights pairs did. But via eBay auction images I’ve found it’s only heel zoom.
I've owned 20+ different colorways of the XI Elite Low and none of them came with FLZ. I still own the AS "Northern Lights" colorway too.

What do you guys wear to play outdoors? I don't play enough to pay for an indoor membership and reading reviews most Nike's won't last. (soft rubber)

Kyrie 4s, and occasionally some old Kyrie 3s.

I’ve found that the Kyrie line has the best bang for your buck for outdoor shoes. You can usually find them at steep discount, and they have beastly traction out of the box.

I find a lot of Nike models are clearly made for indoor hooping, particularly Kobes and KDs. Kyries (and PGs) are much more versatile.

Reactions: TWC

Lebron soldiers, foamposites are nearly indestructible and actually fun to play in once you get past the brutal break in period, maybe some protro 1’s...

Shoes that are clunkers tend to do well outdoors.

Waiting for my 1’s to be delivered as well. Let me know how that transition works

I wore the 1s for three months before so I know what I'm getting. They're similar shoes with the kd being a lot lighter and softer in the cushion and upper.

If I'm playing a game and going 100% I'd prb pick the kobes because Im a slasher. They feel more stable and responsive. The thick leather protects my feet from toe drags and people stepping on them.

Also cause 81 points

I think the only way to get full length zoom was through nike id. I wish I did that, since you can put it in different shoes.

I wore the 1s for three months before so I know what I'm getting. They're similar shoes with the kd being a lot lighter and softer in the cushion and upper.

If I'm playing a game and going 100% I'd prb pick the kobes because Im a slasher. They feel more stable and responsive.
The thick leather protects my feet from toe drags and people stepping on them.

Also cause 81 points
Just got my KD 12’s and haven’t only played in them a few times but generally I agree with this here. I’m a slasher as well and I think I may be over ultra-light weight hoop shoes

The Kobe I over the KD 12?

I wanted to get some KD 12 but guys at my gym stopped wearing them and that made me hesitant because I find when you find a great shoe it tends to get worn a lot for at least 6 months.

Also I know KDs go dirt cheap, don’t want to pay $100 and see them at Ross for $50.

The Lebron 16 is still my number 1 right now.

I have the Kobe 1 Protro is it was alright but I was expecting a lot, I liked my original Kobe I because it felt more solid cushioning wise.

Gonna try out the kyrie 5, can't say I really like the shoe but the spongebob collab is too tempting. I liked the 4 but the 3 really pissed me off and these seem like the 3 out the box

I've read the Dame 5s should be good outdoors. I usually go for some team jordan shoe for my outdoor hoops.

Reactions: TWC
Back
Top Bottom