Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Just saw these on NDC (Coming Soon). I’m very intrigued, full length zoom and fly-ease for easy access. Hopefully there’s some early performance reviews soon
D316A7A2-AC5A-4F39-BD00-5A6F2F83C3BB.png
From the ‘more info’ section:
Full-length Nike Air Zoom cushioning is stitched directly to the shoe's upper, bringing it right up under your foot and providing responsiveness, regardless of your size.

I think this means it’s the same setup as the KD12?

If so, sign me up!

edit: I just looked it up, kd12 has double stacked zoom in the heel.

Last edited:
For those that have played in the Kyrie 6’s what’s your take so far?

No links to Nightwing videos please...wanna hear more diverse opinions.

Which pair do you have?
I was anticipating one of my pairs to bottom out or sink but neither has with weekly play.

Not sink as in bottom out but sink as in the step in comfort is very plush. It's really soft and my heel sinks in the shoe like I'm stepping on a pillow. Good for comfort.

Ive had the ftb pair for about a week, I hope the forefoot with just the phylon doesn't bottom out too much

Not sink as in bottom out but sink as in the step in comfort is very plush. It's really soft and my heel sinks in the shoe like I'm stepping on a pillow. Good for comfort.

Ive had the ftb pair for about a week, I hope the forefoot with just the phylon doesn't bottom out too much
Oh ok. Yeah the heel compression is nice with a subtle bounce to it.

Nice. Just grabbed the FTB so trying to see what they’re about on court. Have the Jade’s still on ice.
hope the half size down fits. They fit the same as the ore the undftd pairs?

20191203_183957.jpg

Last night's duo.

The Diamond Mid only reinforces the fact that JB wasn't messing around in 2019. 34, WN2, and this are all homeruns.

Traction is outstanding. The cushion has step in comfort and plenty of bounce when going in off that first step. Very comparable to the WN2. When idle the WN2 feels like your forefoot is resting on a speed bump. The Diamond doesn't have that protrusive feeling. And that's not a criticism for the WN2, just an observation.

Only negative is a little discomfort on my right shoe near the top lace. It subsided when I straightened out the tongue. Should break in, or maybe I was choked too tight. Either way, it's just a minor thing. Nothing like the achilles slicer aka the KD 11.

20191203_183957.jpg

Last night's duo.

The Diamond Mid only reinforces the fact that JB wasn't messing around in 2019. 34, WN2, and this are all homeruns.

Traction is outstanding. The cushion has step in comfort and plenty of bounce when going in off that first step. Very comparable to the WN2. When idle the WN2 feels like your forefoot is resting on a speed bump. The Diamond doesn't have that protrusive feeling. And that's not a criticism for the WN2, just an observation.

Only negative is a little discomfort on my right shoe near the top lace. It subsided when I straightened out the tongue. Should break in, or maybe I was choked too tight. Either way, it's just a minor thing. Nothing like the achilles slicer aka the KD 11.
would've jumped over the Diamond Lows but it seems they only dropped in the EU.. shame.
Lace swap in the 29's? Have the same pair, so good.

would've jumped over the Diamond Lows but it seems they only dropped in the EU.. shame.
Lace swap in the 29's? Have the same pair, so good.
Yeah I used the alternate laces that came with the Banned 31s.

Picked up the easter 29 mid a few months ago. Definitely prefer the lows.

Are the KD 12 plush around your foot and underneath?

Coming from the Lebron 16 , Kobe 1 Protro, Kobe AD Mid.

I’d like to find a shoe that’s plush around the foot but yet plush in the cushioning like the Jordan XII/Jordan XVII and Lebron 8.

I’d like to find a shoe that’s plush around the foot but yet plush in the cushioning like the Jordan XII/Jordan XVII and Lebron 8.
Bro you have the same exact shoes that I have in my rotation, so I’m assuming that we both like the SAN’s type of hoop shoes. I picked up a pair of KD 12’s because of all the great reviews and I didn’t like them... the Zoom extends all the way to the front of the shoe, so I would feel it compress right underneath my toes. Weird sensation, I didn’t really care for that. The other thing I didn’t like was the upper is kinda flimsy (coming from leather or battleknit) and lacked the support that you get from the Lebron’s and Kobe’s. I didn’t feel like it was plush at all, well maybe the double stacked heel zoom but that’s about it.

This shoe is more plush than the lj 16 and kobe 1 both cushion and upper for me. Albeit the upper is more flexible than it is padded

KD 12 will be the most plush.

Upper: the toebox will feel thin but it has a lot of ankle padding and the flyknit tongue makes it feel like a soft booty. You can really crank the laces and the tongue protects from agitation.

Cushion: it's unique. It has step in squish without feeling sloppy. You feel it every step. It's narrow though, towards the forefoot I lose coverage on both sides. I can feel where the bag ends.

559979BC-44F9-4E9A-BA8F-9C8355E4E3F9.jpeg

I’m a sucker for full length zoom air and this FlyEase system seemed seemed like it might actually work kind of like an updated version of the Zoom Turbine. I wore them around the house and they felt narrow and had some foot pain on my left foot only. They started to break in and I’ve played in them twice and they are starting to feel pretty amazing. Seems like a similar experience to what a lot of people said about the break in with the PG3. Traction has been good, zoom is plush and responsive, and my feet aren’t slipping around at all despite the lack of laces. Going to keep them and they might be a new addition to regular rotation.

Back
Top Bottom