Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

I haven't hooped in over a year now and have not really looked into the new Nike bball shoes during that time. I'm going to slowly get back into it but I realized my Hyperdunk X's are no longer wearable due to the Zoom being flat. I also have a pair of the Zoom Rize I started using right before Covid hit us. Are there any similar shoes out right now? I'm an old man who needs cushioning in the heel, and decent support. I can't rock Kyrie type shoes since they are meant for quick guards..Im an overweight guard right now. Thanks in advance!

I haven't hooped in over a year now and have not really looked into the new Nike bball shoes during that time. I'm going to slowly get back into it but I realized my Hyperdunk X's are no longer wearable due to the Zoom being flat. I also have a pair of the Zoom Rize I started using right before Covid hit us. Are there any similar shoes out right now? I'm an old man who needs cushioning in the heel, and decent support. I can't rock Kyrie type shoes since they are meant for quick guards..Im an overweight guard right now. Thanks in advance!

Take a look at the new Zoom GT Cut.

What’s your thoughts on the Cosmic Unity? Been thinking of trying out a pair.

great response and impact protection after about three full wears. Fit has a little heel slip but not a deal breaker. Traction is AWESOME on every surface. They will get forgotten with the GT line coming but they are really nice.

20210710_110556.jpg

duke40 duke40 Ah I see! Same here kind of! I had a rotation going of Jordan 34s size 12 and by the time the pandemic was over they were WAY too tight especially in the toebox. I was in between an 11.5 and 12 but I think I'm solidly a 12 now.

I had to get an 11 in lebron 18 (I was a 10/10.5 in the 17), 11in the Jordan 34 and 35 (10.5 since the Jordan 3 in 1988), and 10.5 in cosmic unity but 11in the Cut and KD14.

Adidas stayed size 10 since the dame 5. Curry 8 and spawn 3 I’m still a 10.5.

Yeah, I noticed that the 18s fit really tight in the toebox as well.

Adidas, I'm still 11.5 with some room. I went up to a size 12 in the Curry 8s but I probably could have stayed with an 11.5.

I'm going to try some of the EP pairs to see if theres a big difference. I had a chance to try on the Jordan 35 EP and they didn't feel as narrow as the US release.

I got the white/blk low in 10.5 EP (I got an 11 in the sisterhood regular fit) and it is wider but length my toes are pushing the end.

I have one more pair of kd13’s that I started playing in recently. It’s my 4th pair, really like that shoe. Weird thing is this pair actually has some bad rubbing on the top of my toes, broke skin on right foot after a 2 hour session a couple days ago. Never had that problem with the other pairs.

I’m mixing in a pair of GT cuts and have a back up pair if I get to that.

But curious to see if the 36 low works for me, it comes in a few days. The mids were too narrow

KD 14
Puma Clyde All-Pro (Kuzma Low/Porsche)
Kobe 1 Protro

Depending on how the KD 15 turnout. I'll grab multiple KD 14s for future use.

-PG 5 (quickly became my go-to/#1 choice)
-Kobe protro 5 (still like the original 5s better, overdone zoom is so overrated)
-curry 8
-Jordan 36
-Puma mb.01
-zoom freak 3

PG5 only at the gym. PG5 are too soft to play Basketball = zero cushionning (same thing with the PG4)
KD13 and KD 14 Basketball last game with the KD13 it was a good game really confortable shoe. Have the KD 13 first colorway
Separate played a game but was not able to run quickly. Good ankle protection cushionning is great but i was not able to jump to take a rebond, a make a jumpshot
Really comfortable shoes, TTS, inside the toe box it is smooth, wide footer OK, perfect lacing system.
Jordan 35: tried several time, but destroyed my foot inside and the ankle collar was terrible,
Jordan 36, TTS but killed my left pinkie toe.

think Kyrie 8 are great
Mine Next BB 2020 are still DS. Need advice. Do you know if they are for high arch?

My rotation at the moment is:
Puma Clyde All Pro
Kyrie 7 (current go to)
Jordan 34
GT Cut
Still waiting to unds Protro 4, 5 & 6

Edit: I forgot to mention the Curry 9’s as well. My number 1 choice when I play at my local gym with a horrible surface and they stick like glue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom