Nike Foamposite Eggplants released again! MARCH 6TH! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I think dudes on here think that if the exact same shoe comes out, they expect the exact same shoe. I'm one of them. At least with Jordan's you can say, well it's been ten years, but Nike can't even get a pair of kicks right that just released last year. Which symbolizes the problem with Nike and Jordan Brand over the past ten years, and seems only to be getting worse. How come New Balance can retro kicks in England, China and here, and there's no difference.

1. The color is duller, and doesn't have the same gloss
2. The grooves do matter
3. The blue tint to the icey sole being different

It might not be that noticeable to anyone who doesn't have the 2009's, but fake Jordan's aren't noticeable either to people who don't buy them. Besides the carbon plate being good, you would think they were.  Each time I pick them up, I'm like wow these are different.  At first I was thinking it was the lighting in the store or something.

So it's like how I hear dudes say those are quality fakes.

I don't mind, because I have 2009's, and I think if you took the risk with Nike, you deserve to get what they shove at you.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I think dudes on here think that if the exact same shoe comes out, they expect the exact same shoe. I'm one of them. At least with Jordan's you can say, well it's been ten years, but Nike can't even get a pair of kicks right that just released last year. Which symbolizes the problem with Nike and Jordan Brand over the past ten years, and seems only to be getting worse. How come New Balance can retro kicks in England, China and here, and there's no difference.

2. The grooves do matter
1. Color is a personal decision.
2. The grooves matter for what? When your playing basketball? 
3. The blue tint is a personal decision

What do you want them to be the same for, especially if you already have the 09's?

After comparing them i think i like the duller color better, im not really into purple so i like the darker almost black purple over the shiny purple purple

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

2. The grooves do matter

What do you want them to be the same for, especially if you already have the 09's?

Personal decision 
laugh.gif

It's a fact

It's a personal decision on whether you like one or the other, but I think some of you are just trying to convince yourselves the 2010's are better.  I mean it's a good deal, you paid $200 instead of $3 something for the 2009's at resell, but don't try to convince dudes that they're the same exact shoe.  They're not.

If the 2009's and 2010's were side by side, you'd pick the 2010's?  Yeah, ok 
laugh.gif

And if I wanted to play basketball in some foams, I'd pick Foam Lites or Flightposites, not $200 kicks.

Magic1978 - they just dont seem to understand the point of ur statements.
Point:
if a shoe has the same style number and is released a yr later, then y is it not the same shoe?

completely over their heads. it doesnt matter if a person likes the darker color, the blue sole, or not notice the slightly less defined grooves. its NOT the same shoe.

prime example of a recent re-release:
Fresh Water Griffeys were re-released this year after they released last year. Same shoe. Nike did NOT change anything yet eggplants are different now.

^

Very few people have said the 2010 EGGS were better, and i certainly wasnt one of them.

I def think the 09's are better, but that doesnt mean i think the 2010's are trash..they arent.

Seems like dudes are mad because others arent as OUTRAGED as they are.

U think the 2010's are trash, ok....You think theyre cool, thats ok too.

2010s arent trash to me. they are still foams and the quality isnt THAT bad. just worried about future quality issues.
its actually a good thing for 2009 lovers that 2010s came out because it seems like they lowered the value of the 2009s meaning it would be cheaper to get them now.

I think if Nike made both releases the same, it would reward the cats who didn't cop the first time.
I have the 2010's and I'm just happy I can participate in the wearing of any foamposite at all.
The shoe is a technological marvel and I for one am not disappointed in the slightest.
But to sit here and argue time and again; it makes no sense.
And like bigj505 said; it makes the 09 cheaper. so the real heads can be happy, and the hypebeasts can be happy aswell.
It's a Win Win

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

2. The grooves do matter

Personal decision 
laugh.gif

It's a fact

It's a personal decision on whether you like one or the other, but I think some of you are just trying to convince yourselves the 2010's are better.  I mean it's a good deal, you paid $200 instead of $3 something for the 2009's at resell, but don't try to convince dudes that they're the same exact shoe.  They're not.

If the 2009's and 2010's were side by side, you'd pick the 2010's?  Yeah, ok 
laugh.gif

And if I wanted to play basketball in some foams, I'd pick Foam Lites or Flightposites, not $200 kicks.

Where in this thread is anyone talking about how the 2009's are the same as the 2010's. Either someone likes the 09s better or someone likes the 10's. Everyone trying to say how the 10s are worse because they are not the same exact shoe. Its a personal decision whether someone likes the glossy version or the duller version and its a personal decision whether someone likes the gum sole or the ice blue sole better. Those differences dont make the shoe worse or better. Like I already said before, the shoes released one year apart, do you really think Nike TRIED to make them the same. I understand you all with the 09's might of had to work hard to get a pair or pay above retail, but dont come in here and bash a new release because it used the same style number even though they have differences.

okay to clear things up about the 09/'10 differences
i was talking to my buddy who has a lot of connects on campus
what he told me was that nike actually had to rebuy/build the foam machine
or something like that and therfore the outcomes r a little different

and yes people have different preferences
some may think 09>'10 others '10>09
but just do you and do what you want
who cares what others think

some people may like the softer, less deep grooves
or the darker shade of purple
heck, some people may get hte '10s and just do a sole swap somehow?

I can't see these -not- going to outlets in the next few months. I want my pair, no doubt, but I also don't want to cop anything until I see what our initial stock is at our store...might get lucky and get these in, in which case I'd probably grab one (and if they have the Coppers, one of each!). I put some thought into it a few weeks back, and the only '10 foams I'd probably pay retail for are the Royals and possibly the Reds.

Originally Posted by YawningGlory

I can't see these -not- going to outlets in the next few months. I want my pair, no doubt, but I also don't want to cop anything until I see what our initial stock is at our store...might get lucky and get these in, in which case I'd probably grab one (and if they have the Coppers, one of each!). I put some thought into it a few weeks back, and the only '10 foams I'd probably pay retail for are the Royals and possibly the Reds.
good luck on them at the outlets.
i swear foams seem to hit outlets now and disappear with the quickness.

cactus/anthracites/breds/hoh royals/hoh armies all hit outlets on some discrete stuff before.

silver pros hit pretty hard tho.

Im still stallin on these, hopefully they'll "magically" appear on inclusions for EA or F&F then they're mines lol

can we see side by side comparison??? anyone who has both please post em up..... i slept on them last yr and pulled the trigger this time... whats the real differences??

Originally Posted by devildog1776

can we see side by side comparison??? anyone who has both please post em up..... i slept on them last yr and pulled the trigger this time... whats the real differences??
just try a search next time. been posted multiple times throughout this thread

so I went into the Footlocker at South Coast Plaza on Saturday and was shocked to see them on the shelves.

I had to ask if they had a 14. one of the guys said, "of course not, but we can order them for you." I thought it was complete B.S. b/c from my understanding of this thread and the comments on various NikeTown's Facebook's they didn't make these past a size 13. Well, the order went through and it was placed.

I called up customer service today and asked them as to the status and they confirmed that the shoes were indeed in stock and they were shipping them to me...

I'll be happy when I see the shoes for real, but it's pretty damn crazy.

2. The grooves do matter

It might not be that noticeable to anyone who doesn't have the 2009's, but fake Jordan's aren't noticeable either to people who don't buy them. Besides the carbon plate being good, you would think they were.  Each time I pick them up, I'm like wow these are different.  At first I was thinking it was the lighting in the store or something.

So it's like how I hear dudes say those are quality fakes.

I don't mind, because I have 2009's.

Originally Posted by hyphyboi916

Has anyone had luck using the $30 off 100 coupon for footlocker or any of those stores coppin these?
i heard of someone using the coupon. i used mine on the oreo 6s instead.

Back
Top Bottom