Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

jumps are hideous
Hate to say this but it does make the 36 a beautiful shoe. Love the tech on these but the 36 has the aesthetics side. It's still a toss up on how they will feel on feet. Hopefully there is some colorway that would make the Jump less ugly.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I was implying that there's such an abundance of zoom in the shoe...that it likely makes up for the fact that it's kind of generic looking.
will have to see it in person. hopefully it doesn't disappoint like the RUNs.

Still no leads on the jumps release date? Doesn’t say much, the cuts/runs seem to just pop up randomly. Nike a prick for this lol

Gave the cuts a few tries and they’re just not the shoe for me. Too bottom heavy and clunky. Nd the heel to toe transition isn’t as smooth as the Kd14s. Court feel is better on the Kd’s nd thats important for me. Time to sell the two pairs i just bought smh.

Gave the cuts a few tries and they’re just not the shoe for me. Too bottom heavy and clunky. Nd the heel to toe transition isn’t as smooth as the Kd14s. Court feel is better on the Kd’s nd thats important for me. Time to sell the two pairs i just bought smh.
What size?

Atleast you got the KDs. For me it's the opposite, the KDs just don't work for me.

FYI for Bay Area NTers, Nike SF still has a lot of sizes available in store. Picked these up today
D9877452-8790-4C7E-9858-D1ED6DA4C1C9.jpeg

Last edited:
It pains me to type this, but I'm unfortunately going to have to ditch the cuts even though I love the feel walking around in them and the design is :emoji_fire: . I took 1.5-2 weeks off of wearing them after my injury and played in protro kobe 4s and 5s. I ended up having a partially torn plantar fascia from my first stint wearing the cuts. I've been able to play through the pain and it was pretty much subsided after switching shoes. Decided to bust out cuts at a run last night and woke up this morning barely able to walk again with pain in my plantar fascia again and achilles.

Spoke to my buddy at Nike that worked on the shoe and he said I should stop wearing them. Seems my foot needs a more supportive/stable shoe. He's aware of the differences between drop ins vs traditional but they don't see it as a major issue internally. Hopefully you guys have better experiences with the shoe, but I will definitely not be taking them with me this season. Sticking to Kobe's. Just sucks cause I've bought 5-6 pairs of cuts already. I might give them one more try next summer, but we'll see.

Yeah I sent both pairs of mine back last week. I used a drop-in in a different shoe a few months ago and had horrific pain the next day and just chalked it up to playing in a shoe that didn't have enough cushion. I bought a pair of Cuts and off the strength of the reviews, got a 2nd pair cause I've learned the hard way that when you have big feet if you get a shoe and play in it and like it by the time you go back for a second pair forget about it. And that was pre-pandemic. So I tried on the first pair of Cuts and they just fit weird. I experimented with how I got my foot in so it wasn't pushing my socks' wigs back, but even then it just felt spongy and weird. And all the positive reviews were for indoors and 1 negative one was for outdoor play and right now I'm outdoor only. So I took the hint and sent em back.

The Jumps would probably look like hooker boots on me so I have little hope for those. Nike seems to keep doing this. Build a seemingly great bball shoe, and then there's some small thing that scuttles the whole model. Like great shoe, but the outsole makes the shoe unstable. Great shoe, but the traction is trash, or the drop in ruins it, or the huge stuff tongue ruins it, or the eclipse plate burts, or they run a size too small, or the traction is great, they fit right, they're stable, but they cheaped out on the cushion. Or the cushion is great, traction is great, materials are good, but it's heavy af. Or the cushion is good, traction is good, it's light, but you have to kill yourself to get the shoe on even after ordering 2 sizes down. And these are all real issues with real nike/jordan basketball shoe models, I just didn't put the names.

Like there's always one thing.

It pains me to type this, but I'm unfortunately going to have to ditch the cuts even though I love the feel walking around in them and the design is :emoji_fire: . I took 1.5-2 weeks off of wearing them after my injury and played in protro kobe 4s and 5s. I ended up having a partially torn plantar fascia from my first stint wearing the cuts. I've been able to play through the pain and it was pretty much subsided after switching shoes. Decided to bust out cuts at a run last night and woke up this morning barely able to walk again with pain in my plantar fascia again and achilles.

Spoke to my buddy at Nike that worked on the shoe and he said I should stop wearing them. Seems my foot needs a more supportive/stable shoe. He's aware of the differences between drop ins vs traditional but they don't see it as a major issue internally. Hopefully you guys have better experiences with the shoe, but I will definitely not be taking them with me this season. Sticking to Kobe's. Just sucks cause I've bought 5-6 pairs of cuts already. I might give them one more try next summer, but we'll see.
I know the feeling. it is pretty much the same feeling I had for the 35. I liked the 35, but a major defect changed all that and left a sour taste in my mouth totally changing my overall feeling about the shoe as it caused me a serious injury. there are shoes that are particular for certain foot. in your case, wearing a shoe that is not advisable to use while recuperating from an injury is not really wise at all. it may not be the shoe for you or that your feet is not yet ready to wear such a shoe. plantar fasciitis is serious. I had that for awhile and had to refrain from wearing basketball shoes for 7 months. I was only wearing dad shoes with custom orthotics.

I know the feeling. it is pretty much the same feeling I had for the 35. I liked the 35, but a major defect changed all that and left a sour taste in my mouth totally changing my overall feeling about the shoe as it caused me a serious injury. there are shoes that are particular for certain foot. in your case, wearing a shoe that is not advisable to use while recuperating from an injury is not really wise at all. it may not be the shoe for you or that your feet is not yet ready to wear such a shoe. plantar fasciitis is serious. I had that for awhile and had to refrain from wearing basketball shoes for 7 months. I was only wearing dad shoes with custom orthotics.

forsure man. i just think shoes with drop in midsoles don't work for me. my freshman year of college I also tore something in the bottom of my foot in kobe 8s. no contact, just made a hard cut and felt a sharp stabbing pain under the ball of my foot and was out for like 3 months. I hope everyone else has much better experiences in the cuts than me and public enemy though

Back
Top Bottom