Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

I don't really see any appeal to self lacing shoe's. Even less @$1000 a pop. It's real gimmicky , on top the the shoes not looking to stylish. Nike is really limiting the audience on this one. It's seems as the sneaker bubble has busted!

Nike can price them at whatever they want. No one is going to pay $1k for some futuristic looking dad shoes though. :lol:

Your missing point, what Ive said is the market will buy it. 

Whether its shoe at retail or aftermarket $400+ shoes arent unheard of and none of them have a lacing system. 

You havent spent much if any time working with or for the brand so what you may interpret as consumer logic doesnt equal to business logic and strategies. 

As I get older saying I was wrong about something isnt a hard thing to do. So for your sake I hope Im wrong about the price.

Oh yeah the shoes hold a charge for 2 wks and the battery is encapsulated. Nikes not a half-*** company, read up on the shoe before you ramble off but like I told @bballermarkie
 stay tuned to NikeNews. Should be a press release in the next few weeks. 

We're talking about RETAIL. What the shoe will RETAIL for. Don't try and hide behind the aftermarket/resell argument now. You've suggested the shoes will release at a 1k price point and now you're starting to realize that's ridiculous :lol:

And I've tried to read up on the shoe but I keep getting eronious information such as 1k price points...don't know what to believe until Nike gives the official info

sick.gif

Last edited:
For the price of 1 pair of these you could buy 2 iPads and the 1st version of the Apple Watch.

We're talking about RETAIL. What the shoe will RETAIL for. Don't try and hide behind the aftermarket/resell argument now. You've suggested the shoes will release at a 1k price point and now you're starting to realize that's ridiculous
laugh.gif

And I've tried to read up on the shoe but I keep getting eronious information such as 1k price points...don't know what to believe until Nike gives the official info
My experience tells me that nothing Ive stated is ridiculous. Its quite simple from where I sit. 

You dont know the definition of erroneous; if you did you wouldnt have used it in your "lame" 
wink.gif
 rebuttal but looking for information isnt that hard if you just google "NikeNews Hyperadapt" other than price everything else is right there for you to grasp "the logic" as you so eloquently stated. 

cant really blame them when Nike may release a shoe for 1k lol
Most people believe Nike has to have precedence to have a shoe priced at 1K. 

People paid retail for Just Don 2s and they were just a shoe and hat. Nothing moved. 

Like I said you have to remove personal feelings from pricing of shoes cuz most dont know what it cost to make them nor what what Nikes price point is. 

But Ill share with you just an example take this shoe. 

AJ4 OG Retro 

840606-XXX

Retail: $220

Retailers Price (FTL,FNL,etc.): $110   

Nike Manufacturer Cost: $35-55

This is based the last cut sheet I seen but you get the idea. Now do you think they can make the Hyperadpats for the same price a regularshoe? If so then Im sure they would be willing to hire anyone of the people surprised at the sticker price. 

i understand how Nike works but i think the Don C example is pretty bad when those shoes aren't really comparable. one was a collab with a designer that didnt have any new tech or innovation in it while the hyperadapts are a brand new shoe with tech Nike is trying to test out and teased at wanting to do for some time now if there was some shoe coming out with brand new tech or "gimmick" with a high retail price, then i could see that as a better example 

Always been on the front line with new Nike innovation. 96 with the foams, 2000 with the Shox, AM 360, hyperzoom or what ever that **** was called, flyknit ..etc.,

But never was there a 1k price tag on a new item that was fresh and not of retro. Blasphemy

i understand how Nike works but i think the Don C example is pretty bad when those shoes aren't really comparable. one was a collab with a designer that didnt have any new tech or innovation in it while the hyperadapts are a brand new shoe with tech Nike is trying to test out and teased at wanting to do for some time now if there was some shoe coming out with brand new tech or "gimmick" with a high retail price, then i could see that as a better example 
I never compared the model to another what I said was people will buy the shoe if they already paid 400+ for another shoe. Has nothing to do with the "designer". There is a market for it but if it isnt you then someone else will gladly fill the void. 

The tease was the Nike Mag now you have these lol. Anyways I feel like people need to be slapped with the dummy stick to get it, so it is what is it. 

My experience tells me that nothing Ive stated is ridiculous. Its quite simple from where I sit. 

You dont know the definition of erroneous; if you did you wouldnt have used it in your "lame" :wink:  rebuttal but looking for information isnt that hard if you just google "NikeNews Hyperadapt" other than price everything else is right there for you to grasp "the logic" as you so eloquently stated. 

I'll take the L on my spelling of "erroneous" yet my use of the word still stands. You are wrong, the MSRP on these will not be $999.99. That price point you put out was quite simply....eronious :smile:

NYC has provided good info in other threads. He's not just making that price up.

1k would seem really stupid/impossible if we knew Nike was trying to sell these to the masses, or at least to their entire following. But we don't know that. They may just want to land more Wired cover articles

I'll take the L on my spelling of "erroneous" yet my use of the word still stands. You are wrong, the MSRP on these will not be $999.99. That price point you put out was quite simply....eronious
smile.gif
I never commented on how you chose to spell the word just the misuse of it. 

By definition it means inaccurate, wrong but you've stated you have no info about the shoe other than my erroneous post. You cant say something is erroneous without contradicting information. Everything that sounds good isnt meant to be typed. 

But its whatever Tito, dont make it personal. 

NYC has provided good info in other threads. He's not just making that price up.

1k would seem really stupid/impossible if we knew Nike was trying to sell these to the masses, or at least to their entire following. But we don't know that. They may just want to land more Wired cover articles
Thanks man. 

Im a fan of the shoe, actually more so than Nike MAG. Something thats designed for everyday wear with a lacing system, Im in. But will I buy them at 1K no, there are far more important things I could buy. Im not bent out of shape or screaming blasphemy at the price. They will bring the cost down maybe not to $100 but something like $500-$700 range. 

Ill wait for 2.0 to release. 

In M.Parker last talk in NYC he mentioned they were supposed to launch with the Nike+ app back in summer but didnt. He spoke about how they were planning to have this 1on1 concierge service for them. Which is why they will more than likely be limited to Niketowns, that I cant confirm but is what I deduced from the talk. 

I never compared the model to another what I said was people will buy the shoe if they already paid 400+ for another shoe. Has nothing to do with the "designer". There is a market for it but if it isnt you then someone else will gladly fill the void. 

The tease was the Nike Mag now you have these lol. Anyways I feel like people need to be slapped with the dummy stick to get it, so it is what is it. 
You better not be insinuatin you gonna hit me with a dummy stick because we fightin pa

But I don't disagree with you. You ain't saying anything I don't already know but as I always say I'm just gonna wait till Nike announces it

Most people believe Nike has to have precedence to have a shoe priced at 1K. 

People paid retail for Just Don 2s and they were just a shoe and hat. Nothing moved. 

Like I said you have to remove personal feelings from pricing of shoes cuz most dont know what it cost to make them nor what what Nikes price point is. 

But Ill share with you just an example take this shoe. 

AJ4 OG Retro 

840606-XXX

Retail: $220

Retailers Price (FTL,FNL,etc.): $110   

Nike Manufacturer Cost: $35-55

This is based the last cut sheet I seen but you get the idea. Now do you think they can make the Hyperadpats for the same price a regularshoe? If so then Im sure they would be willing to hire anyone of the people surprised at the sticker price. 
little brother is fire

Back
Top Bottom