NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Nike really going heavy with 6’s...I dig it...

Del Sol’s and All Stars are day one pickups for sure...

grinch...smh.
nothing’s sacred anymore.
And yes, I like to own and wear
sneakers that aren’t readily available
to just anyone. Scold me.

3A4DF6A2-7691-4AE6-B079-CE94AFC4FC34.jpeg

Can we just skip the rest of the 2020 and get right to 2021. I’m holding out for the Grinches but fully expecting to take an L on those. The Del Sols will be my runner up.

I always thought that type of complaint ridiculous...

What it really means is they probably spent a ton of cash on that shoe so they could use to stunt on people...Was it love of the sneaker or love of hype that pushed them to drop the coin? To me, if it’s a shoe I love enough to drop some decent money on then please by all means re-release the damn things so I can get at them again, hopefully at a lower cost than what I paid out for the original pair...Low key gets me heated honestly...

What stance a person takes just depends on how and when a person got into the sneaker game I suppose 🤷‍♂️...

Kobe VI is my favorite basketball shoe of all time. Wishful thinking, but please bring back the Aces. That colorway was so underrated in the Kobe line.

Wait your mad they are releasing again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, i'm pissed. I bought these in 2010 and held 'em to a high standard even when Kobe sneakers were considered wack and everyone collectively hated him (much like people's relationship with Tom Brady in comparison) up until his untimely death. Now it's considered understandable to recognize him as one of the greats with a dope sneaker line. It's all very contrived and disingenuous to say the least.

Before the big sneaker craze was recognized as a billion dollar industry this was a niche hobby AND
still is. Part of owning the shoe was the hunt, the find, the swap and exchange and the connection. All of which are lost.
We just had the cultural shift of the event ticket scalpers moving on to OUR hobby to exploit US.

Back to the shoes. I have these, I rocked 'em several times already , and kept 'em in great shape.
What's the pay-off for collectors of rare sneakers? I don't want a grail to become a general release.
I've held these for 10 years already.

When were Kobe’s considered wack?? Didn’t these release in the middle of the sneaker craze? They were a Xmas shoe that Kobe wore on National TV and we’re highly sought after.

Yeah, i'm pissed. I bought these in 2010 and held 'em to a high standard even when Kobe sneakers were considered wack and everyone collectively hated him (much like people's relationship with Tom Brady in comparison) up until his untimely death. Now it's considered understandable to recognize him as one of the greats with a dope sneaker line. It's all very contrived and disingenuous to say the least.

Before the big sneaker craze was recognized as a billion dollar industry this was a niche hobby AND
still is. Part of owning the shoe was the hunt, the find, the swap and exchange and the connection. All of which are lost.
We just had the cultural shift of the event ticket scalpers moving on to OUR hobby to exploit US.

Back to the shoes. I have these, I rocked 'em several times already , and kept 'em in great shape.
What's the pay-off for collectors of rare sneakers? I don't want a grail to become a general release.
I've held these for 10 years already.
you a sucka

Sorry man...If you love the shoe then you embrace a retro...If I have the original sneaker there’s no other payoff needed...The rareness of it means exactly squat to me because I’m going out and buying multiples if possible...

You said yourself you don’t want your rare shoes to become a GR because you’ve held on to your pair for 10 years...That’s a love for the hype and rareness that surrounds it, not the sneaker...

I love the Aqua Jordan 8’s...Held my pair of originals for two and a half decades now...The first retro release? Bought two pairs...The last retro release? Bought two more...They could release them yearly and I’d be the happiest person in the world...Doesn't change the fact that I still have the originals and how special they are to me...I don’t need to validate how important a sneaker is to me by how rare it is...

The Viotech Air Trainer 3’s (SC’s) are getting a retro...Rare shoe that was fairly highly sought after on their initial release...I had and wore through four pairs of the damn things because I loved them...By your reasoning I should be upset because they’re getting a retro...Nope...I’ll take multiples, hopefully on sale because the stores are flooded with them...

The real disconnect wasn’t when sneakers became a billion dollar industry, it was when people started chasing the hype, not the sneaker...The monetary gain aspect was just a natural evolution of that hype...

Probably not considering the reaction to the Grinches releasing next year.

You could argue the Kobe 2 & 3 were “whack”

But from the 4 on Kobe’s been hot.

pretty sure resellers were around during the grinches time. they weren't focused on the kobes because they were massive GRs like the current bball lineup. the chaos V was sitting on the shelves for a few weeks before they sold out here. only the Xmas editions and special releases like the Grinches were hard to get.

I always thought that type of complaint ridiculous...

What it really means is they probably spent a ton of cash on that shoe so they could use to stunt on people...Was it love of the sneaker or love of hype that pushed them to drop the coin? To me, if it’s a shoe I love enough to drop some decent money on then please by all means re-release the damn things so I can get at them again, hopefully at a lower cost than what I paid out for the original pair...Low key gets me heated honestly...

What stance a person takes just depends on how and when a person got into the sneaker game I suppose 🤷‍♂️...
This right here. Probably just means people were either hoarding to flip or dropped a lot of dough themselves.

It’s the nature of the world. Barring legalities, everything comes back around.

May have minor differences, may lack original quality, but everything comes back around.

seem to be avoiding inlines with the 3 main shoes :lol:

anyways glad they're doing OG color ways, maybe with the upper hard to come up with something different that isn't extremely ugly.

Back
Top Bottom