NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Definitely a golden era...

To be honest though Kobe’s were not hard to cop until last January. The Chaos 5’s were the easiest cop ever. People were really not f***ING with kobes.

Got every pair of Protros I wanted either under retail or in the $200’s

Kobe’s have been ok if you were on it, nothing like this.

The Chaos 5 was pretty challenging, they sold out on SNKRS rather quick, most people copped from picking up in store.

I picked my pair up on that monday after :smokin

Kobe’s have been ok if you were on it, nothing like this.

The Chaos 5 was pretty challenging, they sold out on SNKRS rather quick, most people copped from picking up in store.

I picked my pair up on that monday after :smokin

I walked into footlocker the day of the Chaos release and bought 2 pairs. There as no one else there lol

I was also waiting on the Kobe IVs to hit the outlets.

To be honest though Kobe’s were not hard to cop until last January. The Chaos 5’s were the easiest cop ever. People were really not f***ING with kobes.

Chaos were NOT easy to cop, sorry. They sold out quickly online, and by the time I got off work my sizes were long gone locally. I could have gotten an 11 but I wasn’t about that trying to trade up to an 11.5 life.

I was waiting for prices to get down to retail, they eventually would have, but then tragedy struck and we all know what happened to prices after that.

So no, Chaos were not easy. And it’s been a mess since then.

My brother is a humongous Kobe fan. 2020 has been terrible (in general), so I wanted to get him an extra nice gift this year to show my appreciation. A pair of Kobe Grinches will be waiting for him underneath the Christmas tree.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow morning on SNKRS. May Santa bless the NT fam!

Last edited:

The Protro Chaos' were FCFS at the FTL I go to in LA and there were only like 20 people. They even let people get back in line to purchase another pair. I got to the mall 20 minutes before the store opened and I was the 4th person in line. Haven't hit on any Kobes after that and I had to pay resale for the 5 Rings and Bruce Lees. I entered like 6 or 7 raffles for the Grinches and it's looking like I won't be winning any of them so it's SNKRS or bust. Most likely bust.

I already bit the bullet and copped my size 12 for resale. I know tomorrow is gonna be a **** show.

Honestly, these are the last Kobe's I need cause I doubt they will ever retro the barcelona 7's. ( Only other pair I dream about )

Wishing everyone who's gonna cop and rock mega success tomorrow.

I copped two pairs of Chaos, one on snkrs, shockingly, and a pair at HOH. Let one go for retail plus shipping. Downhill ever since. So yes his death ended the easy cop phrase.

If I do happen to cop a pair of the Grinches tomorrow. I’d say that will probably be my last pair of Kobe’s. I do not like the way things are going at this rate and unless Nike changes something, I refuse to give them my time and money only to be disappointed. Getting to old for this :rofl:

If I do happen to cop a pair of the Grinches tomorrow. I’d say that will probably be my last pair of Kobe’s. I do not like the way things are going at this rate and unless Nike changes something, I refuse to give them my time and money only to be disappointed. Getting to old for this :rofl:
This, Unless they make everything a SUPER GR. im not jumping through this many hoops for kobe’s (especially if imma ball in them)

I may pick up 1 VII depending on which colors they drop, if they protro the 8’s ( THET BETTER GIVE US SPARKS & Lewi... i mean purple fades)

Hey man, thanks for posting this donation raffle. Got off work an hour ago and noticed an email from Kicks Lounge saying I won. I donated $24 (8 entries) for the whole Kobe theme too. So relieved I got a pair :pimp:

Congrats fam! The homie who told me about it initially hit too. Happy to hear of some dubs.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my 9-9.5 but it's for a good cause so can't get mad at that. All energy on SNKRS tomorrow!

No

Kobe was loved in every arena. He got the lakers to the point where road games felt like home games. I’m from Detroit. When Kobe came to town it was 60/40 Lakers. Even with the squad being a 20 win team

dude got mvp chants in Boston of all places
i was half way joking but he didn’t get MVP Chants in Boston prior to 2011.

and he definitely didn’t get them in 2003 during the case.
Exactly. Those things only happened because those teams sucked at the time. So you had a fair amount of different fans going to games. I’m from metro Detroit and a diehard Lakers fan (live in LA now, actually), and I went to every Lakers Pistons game at the Palace from probably 2007-2013. It became a far cry from the normal home crowd for those games the worse the Pistons got LOL

Spark 8's please
Why they never dropped these state side will be a mystery (not my pic)
2AA3F153-882F-4C1C-AF78-BCB2E732AC53.png

8's were probably the most comfortable Kobe for me all time until that lunarlon insole wore down.

There's just always been something about Kobe + Christmas. Even tho Nike was producing shoes for multiple players, his always stood out and held more meaning IMO.

Christmas Cheetah 7's got me back into collecting sneakers hard and I finally secured those last year. Gonna UNDS them for Christmas this year. I'm so giddy too. lmao

I walked into footlocker the day of the Chaos release and bought 2 pairs. There as no one else there lol

I was also waiting on the Kobe IVs to hit the outlets.

I remember grinches sitting in all of the nike, champs, and ftl on boxing day. I was like "I'll wait for a sale". I was actually eyeing the release of the chinas more in January. Smh.

Exactly. Those things only happened because those teams sucked at the time. So you had a fair amount of different fans going to games. I’m from metro Detroit and a diehard Lakers fan (live in LA now, actually), and I went to every Lakers Pistons game at the Palace from probably 2007-2013. It became a far cry from the normal home crowd for those games the worse the Pistons got LOL
What about when he chants against the Spurs?

Whether I cop or not, this is my exit as far as sigs go, for this very reason.

Only 2 pairs I need are grinches and OC. Fortunately I nabbed a pair of the ASG reds a couple months back. The 6 is the only kobe I have to have.

Touché.

what does this really mean though?

because those are Boston fans and if you know anything about those people it’s that they’re also known for being quite racist.

I say that to highlight the fact that an Mvp chant is just that. It’s not some ironclad form of support for the man.

the same could be said of laker fans too though unfortunately.

Back to the main point though- a regional release has been a thing in the past and I don’t think it would be outrageous to make it a GR for LA residents.

And yes I realize how bad it must suck to live in South Dakota or Mississippi where they don’t get s*** 🤣

what can I say? Move to a better city if you want to increase your chances of hitting on a regional release?

Back
Top Bottom