NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

If attainable ima get grinches and OCs, chaos is prob next in line, everything else game time decisions

For OGs I had Chaos’, del sols, China’s and all stars.... wore em to the ground and only still have Chaos’

the fact none of you are requesting these two :smh:
kb-vi-2.jpg

Still regret destroying my inlines back in college. Prolly was the best broken-in kicks for bball ever, for me at least, behind my 8s

Still regret destroying my inlines back in college. Prolly was the best broken-in kicks for bball ever, for me at least, behind my 8s
definitely the best. 8s had the bottoming out issues
I never played in my 8s (I’ve basically been retired a long time LOL but I’ve started up again very lightly) but I’ve never understood how so many people said they felt so good. Especially compared to a Zoom shoe like the 6. I shot around a few days in an almost DS pair of Pythons and was like, I gotta get out of these :lol:

Last edited:
I never played in my 8s (I’ve basically been retired a pong time LOL but I’ve started up again very lightly) but I’ve never understood how so many people said they felt so good. Especially compared to a Zoom shoe like the 6. I shot around a few days in an almost DS pair of Pythons and was like, I gotta get out of these :lol:
I loved my 8’s. They were super light and made running around super easy. Only thing that bothered me was the tongue and how sharp it was. Would sometimes cut into my leg.

I think I wore my 8’s in my early 20’s so maybe I didn’t notice the cushioning so much. Maybe I’d feel differently about it now in my early 30’s

I loved my 8’s. They were super light and made running around super easy. Only thing that bothered me was the tongue and how sharp it was. Would sometimes cut into my leg.

I think I wore my 8’s in my early 20’s so maybe I didn’t notice the cushioning so much. Maybe I’d feel differently about it now in my early 30’s
Yeah I was in my 30s when they came out, and even just walking in them casually they were far from great-feeling in terms of cushion. And I don’t have any knee or leg or foot issues. Never did. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they are awful. I COULD play in anything. Just that it’s always seemed strange to me these got so much comfort praise after previous Kobes had bouncy Zoom.

I don't get the love for the lunar based kobes like the 8 and 9. Not even close in comfort to the zoom in 4/5/6.

The 8 has the best fit of any shoe ever. Even after the lunar on them bottoms out that’s still a perfect shoe.

The 9 wasn’t as great to me comfort wise.

Zoom cushioning > lunar base any day. Way more responsive and durable.

The unfortunate thing is that the 4, 5, and 6 had were legendary performers but each had a flaw that kept them from being perfect:

-4 - Forefoot lunar bottomed out after heavy play otherwise had the best herringbone traction.
-5 - Average traction otherwise perfect glove like fit and best heel cap lock down, good zoom cushioning.
-6 - Slightly better traction than the 5 but not as good as the 4, heelcup and fit not as solid and reliable as the 5, otherwise IMO best cushioning setup and best aesthetics for the signature 'mamba' shoe.

I think if they combined the 4, 5 and 6 into a single shoe, the traction of the 4, the glove like fit of the 5, and the aesthetic and cushioning of the 6, it would have been the all time GOAT kobe shoe and bball performance shoe.

I miss kobe.

Zoom cushioning > lunar base any day. Way more responsive and durable.

The unfortunate thing is that the 4, 5, and 6 had were legendary performers but each had a flaw that kept them from being perfect:

-4 - Forefoot lunar bottomed out after heavy play otherwise had the best herringbone traction.
-5 - Average traction otherwise perfect glove like fit and best heel cap lock down, good zoom cushioning.
-6 - Slightly better traction than the 5 but not as good as the 4, heelcup and fit not as solid and reliable as the 5, otherwise IMO best cushioning setup and best aesthetics for the signature 'mamba' shoe.

I think if they combined the 4, 5 and 6 into a single shoe, the traction of the 4, the glove like fit of the 5, and the aesthetic and cushioning of the 6, it would have been the all time GOAT kobe shoe and bball performance shoe.

I miss kobe.

i prefer the fit on the 6 over the 5.. it truly 'moulded' to your feet, as the marketing said it would.

Back
Top Bottom