Nike Kyrie 5

Lovin them....I don't know why some of you guys say you can't feel the zoom bag in the forefoot, I can def tell a difference- esp from the 4's. I honestly almost think its too much cushioning....but thats just my opinion.
Kyrie 5 Black Magic-3.jpg

Kyrie 5 Black Magic-7.jpg

Kyrie 5 Black Magic-11.jpg

How do they compare to the 3s in terms of comfort? I been playing in the 3s but they're rock hard. I hear the 4s had much more cushion, but curious on the 5s.

Do they fit like the 4? For me, the 4 was a lot more snug than the 3 which I don’t like. Length wise they are ok, width in the toe is too much and I don’t have a wide foot either.

How do they compare to the 3s in terms of comfort? I been playing in the 3s but they're rock hard. I hear the 4s had much more cushion, but curious on the 5s.
Haven’t played in the 3s but these have minimal cushioning but can still feel the forefoot zoom.

Do they fit like the 4? For me, the 4 was a lot more snug than the 3 which I don’t like. Length wise they are ok, width in the toe is too much and I don’t have a wide foot either.
They fit snug with my wide foot. Not suffocating tho. I’m curious to how long and how much it breaks in. But length is perfect. I can feel the lateral side’s point keeping my foot in place. I didn’t climb over it while playing last night like I did in the kd11. So far so good.

Just grabbed mine. TTS I couldn’t get them on at all. Half size up was still a struggle but got them on. That cover has NO STRETCH at all. For the record, i went the same size as the Kyrie 4.
If you feel like taking the time to weave the actual lace through the end of the leaf, it makes it way easier. Key words, take the time. I did it once and don’t know if I feel like doing this every time.

Just grabbed mine. TTS I couldn’t get them on at all. Half size up was still a struggle but got them on. That cover has NO STRETCH at all. For the record, i went the same size as the Kyrie 4.

How's the length of the 5?

I only ask because 1-3 fit TTS for me, but the 4 felt a little shorter. Wondering if the 5 feels short too...

Just finished a couple games in the 5's. Straight from the box to the court, but I don't like them already. Cushion was bad, heel hard, forefoot zoom gimmick was whack. Insufficient forefoot flex for my liking and that zoom was stiff, couldnt really feel much there. Kyrie 4's were great to me, one of my favorite hoops shoes of the moment. These bad boys are going right back.

How's the length of the 5?

I only ask because 1-3 fit TTS for me, but the 4 felt a little shorter. Wondering if the 5 feels short too...

Felt about the same. Went up half size and have about a thumb width from end of my big toe to the end of the shoe.

Normally I'd say that breaking out a new pair every night would leave that residue on the bottom of the sole...but as a professional athlete sponsored by a billion-dollar company, you and they should know how to circumvent that.

I want to know who started this whole "traction needs to be broken in" ****. Thats a bunch of horse crap.
I have never had a shoe's traction "get better" after breaking in. It's either good or its not. If you take a shoe right from the box to the court, in my experience the traction remains the same. Now if you've contaminated the bottoms so to speak by wearing them casually and getting the bottoms dirty, then you may need to clean the bottoms off or play in them until the contaminants come off (outside dirt, oil, dust, etc).

One shoe tuber says some off the wall **** and the rest bite and speak it like its gospel. FOH with whoever started the whole "break in the traction" crap, thats a bunch of baloney.

Back
Top Bottom