Nike Kyrie 7

credit to illustrayt illustrayt for his original design

I did the finger painted lateral swooshes, thankfully they turned out well. I'm not an artist at all, but since this is my first actual "custom" I decided to go all-out on the theme. I'm just doing one part at a time and sort of staring at the sneakers from time to time until something comes to mind.

Did this with the heels:

k7jheel.jpg

The weatherman's are meh to me. But I'm definitely in on the concepts 7s. And the drop down ones.

How are these to hoop in? I’m very excited to try them out
Traction has been solid. Lighter and lower than the 6. I can feel the zoom easier, but it feels like the insole and midsole is thinner so it's not as soft resulting in more court feel.

Only drawback for me is how it became more cheap. Pebbled leather on the 6 was a nice touch.

I've using these on court for the past few months. Obviously haven't been able to play any games in them because there aren't any going on around me, but I have been running sprints on court with these and training for when I can play in a league again. The highlights of this shoe are the fit, cushioning and traction. The last of the shoe was made really well and I have not had issues with heel slippage. I am a 10.5 and the shoe fits like a glove. I like some space for my toes to feel comfortable so I could technically go down to a 10. The toe box is slightly narrow so I feel like my toes would be a little crammed in a 10. In a 10.5 there isn't much sliding within the forefoot. The Zoom Turbo underneath the forefoot works perfectly. I'm doing sprints, plyometrics and 17s on the court and the zoom doesn't feel overwhelmingly bouncy or non existent like the small rectangular zoom bags in the earlier Kylie models. It gives me just a little extra push forward but it definitely isn't a double stacked zoom type of propulsion. Think the met bag zoom underneath the OG Kobe 5 and 6 except spread out across the entire forefoot area. Despite the lack of cushioning in the heel I have had no issues with impact protection. Finally, the traction. For me personally, the traction on this model is like a track cleat. It's that aggressive and effective. I have no hesitations, and I don't even give my cuts or stops a second thought. I just stop and go without thinking of compensating for any possible slippage. I am very impressed with this model. I was disappointed with the lack of cushioning in the 4 and the poor traction of the 5 that I didn't even give the 6s a try. The 6s felt way to bulky for a guard shoe. The 7s are definitely lighter and minimalistic. I also love the look aesthetically. I highly recommend this shoe for indoor basketball.

How are these to hoop in? I’m very excited to try them out
Have the Sisterhood colorway in my rotation, and these are pretty similar to last year's model... materials are a slight downgrade, and the Zoom feels like a tiny notch below last year's model but everything else feels like a minor improvement. Slightly better fit and a little lighter/less bulky... traction is pretty good on both shoes, the 7's feel like they might bite a tad better.

Have the Sisterhood colorway in my rotation, and these are pretty similar to last year's model... materials are a slight downgrade, and the Zoom feels like a tiny notch below last year's model but everything else feels like a minor improvement. Slightly better fit and a little lighter/less bulky... traction is pretty good on both shoes, the 7's feel like they might bite a tad better.
Pretty similar ideas with myself as well. Shoe is a performance upgrade but a downgrade in materials. I feel like they just stripped the 6’s of an outer layer and called it a day for the 7’s

Back
Top Bottom