Nike Kyrie 8

Man you’re bugging.. You think he’s God? Supposed to make these miracles and wonders in his five day suspension and rest of the sixth before being approved for return? At this point you’re putting words in his mouth about his intentions.. His actions were that he did apologize and did take accountability with his words.. He’s done enough..

He had two chances to apologize and made things worse for himself. He ended up losing his Nike deal, basically making it impossible to bring in long term to any team. Condemn antisemitism. That's all he had to say. He chose to push back. Did he apologize because he was sorry and realized what a fool he sounded like or did he apologize because he was called out for what he said?

He had two chances to apologize and made things worse for himself. He ended up losing his Nike deal, basically making it impossible to bring in long term to any team. Condemn antisemitism. That's all he had to say. He chose to push back. Did he apologize because he was sorry and realized what a fool he sounded like or did he apologize because he was called out for what he said?
It doesn’t matter why and when he did it. That’s the point. If he had done it on the first day with the same thing you would still find something else to find wrong with what he did which is the issue.. He’s done his part, you do yours..

Wore a Kyrie shirt and Kyrie 7’s to practice today, got told by the assistant coach in front of everyone that he didn’t approve of my anti semantic shirt.

Guess what? I don’t give a flying ****.
how was it balling with your shirt turned inside out and wearing your coaches 2 sizes too big reebok bb4600's?

Are you tone deaf? He never should have said or tweeted or whatever in the first place.
No I’m not.. But I also realize that he shouldn’t have done that. Isn’t that how you make a mistake to apologize for? If you’re not doing that what would be the point of the apology? I’m not arguing he was right with anything he did, but I’m also good with what has done, accountability and apology. So for me he’s good..😎

No I’m not.. But I also realize that he shouldn’t have done that. Isn’t that how you make a mistake to apologize for? If you’re not doing that what would be the point of the apology? I’m not arguing he was right with anything he did, but I’m also good with what has done, accountability and apology. So for me he’s good..😎

You have zero right to clear him unless you are among the Jewish community or the Nets. Condemn antisemitism.

Man you’re bugging.. You think he’s God? Supposed to make these miracles and wonders in his five day suspension and rest of the sixth before being approved for return? At this point you’re putting words in his mouth about his intentions.. His actions were that he did apologize and did take accountability with his words.. He’s done enough..

5 games, not 5 days. And he said at least 5 games. He can miss more games like he did for his sisters birthday if need be.

You aren't the determinate of if he's done enough. You aren't Jewish and you aren't the owner of the team.

This is the punishment for being dismissive and brushing off Adam Silver and the owner of your team.

So I'm still wondering why other people are telling people what they should be offended by and how they should respond. Seems familiar.

Last edited:
5 games, not 5 days. And he said at least 5 days. He can miss more games like he did for his sisters birthday if need be.

You aren't the determinate of if he's done enough. You aren't Jewish and you aren't the owner of the team.

This is the punishment for being dismissive and brushing off Adam Silver and the owner of your team.

So I'm still wondering why other people are telling people what they should be offended by and how they should respond. Seems familiar.
Okay. Points taken... I'm not here to tell anyone how they should feel and realize that if I have done that, that isn't my intent. Now, I believe that I said MY opinion and also stated that I was NOT speaking for a group, but for MYSELF. So there's that. I never said that anyone shouldn't be offended or that Kyrie was exempt of any wrong doing... What I did say is that he took accountability and apologized for what was perceived and assumed as behavior counter to his intentions. I'm no more the "determinate" than you are to tell me what I am/am not. If the purpose is to heal, then heal and LET'S move forward... ✌️

Okay. Points taken... I'm not here to tell anyone how they should feel and realize that if I have done that, that isn't my intent. Now, I believe that I said MY opinion and also stated that I was NOT speaking for a group, but for MYSELF. So there's that. I never said that anyone shouldn't be offended or that Kyrie was exempt of any wrong doing... What I did say is that he took accountability and apologized for what was perceived and assumed as behavior counter to his intentions. I'm no more the "determinate" than you are to tell me what I am/am not. If the purpose is to heal, then heal and LET'S move forward... ✌️
I’m all for moving forward because if he does do what was asked nobody is rooting harder or louder than me for him

I wish you well my friend. Like I said, in my eyes he's done what he needed to do. If he chooses to do more great, if not that's okay too.

I wish you well my friend. Like I said, in my eyes he's done what he needed to do. If he chooses to do more great, if not that's okay too.
We all should wish each other well, that’s what’s missing from this society. But we also have to hold powerful people accountable, beyond the scope of John P. Citizen.

People, not just powerful ones... the but is distracting. We all should wish each other well.. I agree.

That’s the whole genesis of the Kyrie heat. Dude said earth was flat but what he intended to use as a way to show famous people’s platforms can influence bad and good media backlash got too much without asking what that meant.

Our media, government, celebrities, influencers, anyone that isn’t a private citizen should be accountable beyond the norm. They control the citizens with influence. Hero’s are now athletes instead of teachers and cops(which is a whole other discussion). Long way from what I knew growing up.

That’s the whole genesis of the Kyrie heat. Dude said earth was flat but what he intended to use as a way to show famous people’s platforms can influence bad and good media backlash got too much without asking what that meant.

Our media, government, celebrities, influencers, anyone that isn’t a private citizen should be accountable beyond the norm. They control the citizens with influence. Hero’s are now athletes instead of teachers and cops(which is a whole other discussion). Long way from what I knew growing up.
Yeah I'm not sure I agree with that. See too many cops killing innocent unarmed people unjustly only to blame said behavior on the victim.. Interesting that would be your idea of a "hero"...🤔

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with that. See too many cops killing innocent unarmed people unjustly only to blame said behavior on the victim.. Interesting that would be your idea of a "hero"...🤔
Hence why I said whole other discussion. I’m saying they should be hero’s in their role, but time after time that narrative has been proven false. Didn’t want to deviate off Kyrie with my thoughts on modern cops.

If you ask me, even his apology felt half baked. It gave off huge "Sorry, but not sorry" vibes just so he could get it over with.

Because at the end of the day the documentary was posted, it’s already done :lol: his personal path towards his lineage whether you feel it’s accurate or not doesn’t need to be approved by mainstream America. People won’t stop until his own opinions and views change via yalls force? Mf gonna telepathically go in his mind and try to change whatever it is he agreed with in that doc? :lol: He probably shouldn’t have tweeted that, fair. Apologize for tweeting the doc, make a donation, sit out for a few games and after that it gets excessive to try and keep making him dance twirl and jump thru rings of fire. How he feels is how he feels and him going on a “bow down to Jewish people” world tour doesn’t really do anything but serve to humble/embarrass him…wonder why they doing that to him but not Amazon/Bezos themselves :lol:

So can anyone who actually watched the documentary tell us what was antisemitic in it?

I didn't watch, just curious.

1668124235662.gif

Because at the end of the day the documentary was posted, it’s already done :lol: his personal path towards his lineage whether you feel it’s accurate or not doesn’t need to be approved by mainstream America. People won’t stop until his own opinions and views change via yalls force? Mf gonna telepathically go in his mind and try to change whatever it is he agreed with in that doc? :lol: He probably shouldn’t have tweeted that, fair. Apologize for tweeting the doc, make a donation, sit out for a few games and after that it gets excessive to try and keep making him dance twirl and jump thru rings of fire. How he feels is how he feels and him going on a “bow down to Jewish people” world tour doesn’t really do anything but serve to humble/embarrass him…wonder why they doing that to him but not Amazon/Bezos themselves :lol:
The NBA and Nike do not own Amazon so what do you want them to do? You are right that he is entitled to his opinion and his beliefs but he also has a contract with these companies and I'm sure there are clauses in it that require the person/employee to act professional in public, which includes social media. He didn't. Then stood firm on his non-apology. Then sanctions happened and then he apologized. Again, he is entitled to his beliefs but Nike and the NBA have every right to deal with it the way they see fit. Plus, this isn't the first time that he's been in the hot seat with either company (vaccine stance, the earth is flat statement, publicly bashing his sig shoe before it was released).

Back
Top Bottom