Nike Kyrie 8

Because at the end of the day the documentary was posted, it’s already done :lol: his personal path towards his lineage whether you feel it’s accurate or not doesn’t need to be approved by mainstream America. People won’t stop until his own opinions and views change via yalls force? Mf gonna telepathically go in his mind and try to change whatever it is he agreed with in that doc? :lol: He probably shouldn’t have tweeted that, fair. Apologize for tweeting the doc, make a donation, sit out for a few games and after that it gets excessive to try and keep making him dance twirl and jump thru rings of fire. How he feels is how he feels and him going on a “bow down to Jewish people” world tour doesn’t really do anything but serve to humble/embarrass him…wonder why they doing that to him but not Amazon/Bezos themselves :lol:

This is among the most anti semetic posts we've seen in this thread. Just say you don't like us Jewish folks instead of dancing around it.

So can anyone who actually watched the documentary tell us what was antisemitic in it?

I didn't watch, just curious.

1668124235662.gif

The movie pushes the thought of the minimization/exaggeration of the Holocaust at some points even saying it theoretically could never have happened. The other main theme is black people were the original Jewish people/Hebrews as the movie says, which is rather contradictive as there are the 12 tribes and each had different skin tone, & dialect as the stories go. Kyrie would have known that, had he watched more than the 15 minutes he proclaims.

The NBA and Nike do not own Amazon so what do you want them to do? You are right that he is entitled to his opinion and his beliefs but he also has a contract with these companies and I'm sure there are clauses in it that require the person/employee to act professional in public, which includes social media. He didn't. Then stood firm on his non-apology. Then sanctions happened and then he apologized. Again, he is entitled to his beliefs but Nike and the NBA have every right to deal with it the way they see fit. Plus, this isn't the first time that he's been in the hot seat with either company (vaccine stance, the earth is flat statement, publicly bashing his sig shoe before it was released).

I just feel like either it was too much to continue and you drop him or we move on. Don’t flip flop and hold him in purgatory based on how much/whether or not you think the public cares or not lol.

Take the rightful firm stance (as Nike is notoriously known for being morally upstanding and righteous :lol:) and burn/shred the millions of shoes already made, take your loss in profit and move on but to dog pile on, go in circles and keep adding new missions for dude to complete is hilarious. Companies in this post social media era just do whatever they think the public wants them to at the time lol. It’s like they don’t wanna take the profit loss (asset loss in Nets case) by just dropping/releasing him but also keep coming out with a daily update of ****ting on him to “appease the public” :lol: FOH.

Even here he just wants to appease the public but doesn’t wanna firmly say it’s over get rid of what is probably the hottest basketball shoe line out right now, Kobes aside. :lol:

Last edited:
This is among the most anti semetic posts we've seen in this thread. Just say you don't like us Jewish folks instead of dancing around it.

Quote the specific parts that are anti semitic. It seems like “anti semitic” is now being used as a big red emergency button to avoid talking about the root topics I’m bringing up in that post…mainly Kyries journey into a lineage beyond the slave trade we were taught in school and the difference in what the public is demanding from Kyrie vs. what they demand from Jeff Bezos/Amazon for making the film available…

I have nothing against Jewish people and no desire to bring hatred or harm to Jewish people.

Quote the specific parts that are anti semitic. It seems like “anti semitic” is now being used as a big red emergency button to avoid talking about the root topics I’m bringing up in that post….

I have nothing against Jewish people and no desire to bring hatred or harm to Jewish people.

I do not expect anyone to bow down after saying something so hateful. Do not insinuate we as a Jewish community expect Kyrie Irving to bow down to us. We just expect genuine words to meet genuine actions going forward.

Can you give me a reminder of what Kyrie said?
Deflecting condemning of anti semitism. We all saw the presser. We all saw how many chances he was given to condemn the movie and anti semitism. I'm not writing out a full blown transcription.

Deflecting condemning of anti semitism. We all saw the presser. We all saw how many chances he was given to condemn the movie and anti semitism. I'm not writing out a full blown transcription.

Because he didn’t actually “say” anything hateful. From LeBron to Phil Knight that’s the funniest thing about all this “I can’t believe he’d say something so hateful” ***** didn’t actually say anything :lol:

Because he didn’t actually “say” anything hateful. From LeBron to Phil Knight that’s the funniest thing about all this “I can’t believe he’d say something so hateful” ***** didn’t actually say anything :lol:

That's the entire point, he said nothing condemning anti semitism. Instead he turned it into an argument and continued to promote the movie via his platform. The movie is full of anti semetic tropes and it's disgusting. He's got a long road to rebuilding his credibility.

The movie pushes the thought of the minimization/exaggeration of the Holocaust at some points even saying it theoretically could never have happened. The other main theme is black people were the original Jewish people/Hebrews as the movie says, which is rather contradictive as there are the 12 tribes and each had different skin tone, & dialect as the stories go. Kyrie would have known that, had he watched more than the 15 minutes he proclaims.

Thank you for the breakdown and insight.

But quick question out of curiosity...

Why do you capitalize "Jewish" and "Hebrew" but have the word "Black" referencing people lowercase?

1668129320282.gif

Thank you for the breakdown and insight.

But quick question out of curiosity...

Why do you capitalize "Jewish" and "Hebrew" but have the word "Black" referencing people lowercase?

1668129320282.gif

Typing on a cell phone. I'd assume autocorrect. It's why Anti-Semitism appears as anti semitism.

Quote the specific parts that are anti semitic. It seems like “anti semitic” is now being used as a big red emergency button to avoid talking about the root topics I’m bringing up in that post…mainly Kyries journey into a lineage beyond the slave trade we were taught in school and the difference in what the public is demanding from Kyrie vs. what they demand from Jeff Bezos/Amazon for making the film available…

If you're not Jewish and speak about them negatively, positively or about things that you've experienced or observed...

It's deemed antisemitic.

So it's been learned that it's best not to talk about them.

I also don't have any issue with them, just my observation.

Back
Top Bottom