Nike Kyrie 8

Wore a Kyrie shirt and Kyrie 7’s to practice today, got told by the assistant coach in front of everyone that he didn’t approve of my anti semantic shirt.

Guess what? I don’t give a flying ****.

keep wearing the shirt

Wear it to every practice
Wear it under your game jersey
Wear it pre game

And, of course, wear your kicks

D28932E8-05B1-463D-A54E-5E183DC6F3B6.jpeg

I’ve said it 10 times now I have no issue with Kyrie the player and I’m grateful as a Blue Devil and Cavs can. I’m also Jewish and his behavior has been shameful. Wearing his logo supports those views. Until he shows otherwise and does the right thing he won’t be on a court.
So what exactly "qualifies" as "showing otherwise and doing the right thing"..? Some tangible examples would be great..

So what exactly "qualifies" as "showing otherwise and doing the right thing"..? Some tangible examples would be great..
First and foremost he did apologize after having 3 chances. So that’s a start. I’d like to see him visit and observe a service, with fellow Brooklyn Jewish community members, not orthodox because that’s even too much for me. But watch a service, examine and pull knowledge from the sermon, engage with Jewish community youth who love hoops, obviously he’s got league and team issues to address too but our faith which I’ll admit to not be most observant of thrives off community shared activities and food. I don’t expect Kyrie to take up cooking Latke’s and Kuggel but just open up and begin communicating with the community. You’d be shocked at how forgiving a Jewish community can be.

First and foremost he did apologize after having 3 chances. So that’s a start. I’d like to see him visit and observe a service, with fellow Brooklyn Jewish community members, not orthodox because that’s even too much for me. But watch a service, examine and pull knowledge from the sermon, engage with Jewish community youth who love hoops, obviously he’s got league and team issues to address too but our faith which I’ll admit to not be most observant of thrives off community shared activities and food. I don’t expect Kyrie to take up cooking Latke’s and Kuggel but just open up and begin communicating with the community. You’d be shocked at how forgiving a Jewish community can be.
He tweeted an Amazon link fam, why do you except him to go above and beyond and go to all these Jewish functions and such? If you say he eventually did apologize, then what’s the deal? I don’t get people that demand and apology, and then once the person apologizes, they demand more.

I will continue to wear Kyrie merch and Kyrie shoes, sorry if that offends anyone but I’m going to stick with it.

He tweeted an Amazon link fam, why do you except him to go above and beyond and go to all these Jewish functions and such? If you say he eventually did apologize, then what’s the deal? I don’t get people that demand and apology, and then once the person apologizes, they demand more.

I will continue to wear Kyrie merch and Kyrie shoes, sorry if that offends anyone but I’m going to stick with it.
I didn’t demand it, I did in fact point out that this is his best path to redemption in order to stay in the good graces of the league and fans.

Refusing to condemn antisemitism multiple times is just as ridiculous as Amazon having that video for sale. Yet another reason I don’t buy from Amazon

I didn’t demand it, I did in fact point out that this is his best path to redemption in order to stay in the good graces of the league and fans.

Refusing to condemn antisemitism multiple times is just as ridiculous as Amazon having that video for sale. Yet another reason I don’t buy from Amazon
But no widespread call for protest...🤔

But no widespread call for protest...🤔

Do I think Amazon should be protested? Pal I live in a city that tore down a historic public golf course because Amazon bought the land, if you think I along with many others in our city weren’t at city council meetings or watching via zoom in my case furious about it you’d be mistaken. So hell yeah there should be a national Amazon boycott and unionization for all employees there. Until then, they’ll continue to get zero dollars from me.

If you ask me, even his apology felt half baked. It gave off huge "Sorry, but not sorry" vibes just so he could get it over with.

If you ask me, even his apology felt half baked. It gave off huge "Sorry, but not sorry" vibes just so he could get it over with.
I’m not going to police the apology because sincere, which I do believe it was, or not it’s always going to be written by a professional.

Do I think Amazon should be protested? Pal I live in a city that tore down a historic public golf course because Amazon bought the land, if you think I along with many others in our city weren’t at city council meetings or watching via zoom in my case furious about it you’d be mistaken. So hell yeah there should be a national Amazon boycott and unionization for all employees there. Until then, they’ll continue to get zero dollars from me.
I think the point is accountability and apology are there. Getting stuck in the "weeds" on how and when we arrived to that I relinquish debating, especially when you throw religion in and what they would say about it... Like not bashing him because he's "late" to the party, rather than embracing his arrival. He's a public figure with some influence, not an ordained divinity to lead your soul. Let's cut him some slack and move on.

I think the point is accountability and apology are there. Getting stuck in the "weeds" on how and when we arrived to that I relinquish debating, especially when you throw religion in and what they would say about it... Like not bashing him because he's "late" to the party, rather than embracing his arrival. He's a public figure with some influence, not an ordained divinity to lead your soul. Let's cut him some slack and move on.
Antisemitism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc don’t get hall passes.

Antisemitism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc don’t get hall passes.
Well, to be fair, they do depending on who is using them and who is judging them for being used.. But that's still different from the fact that he did apologize and took accountability so what pass are you speaking of exactly?

Well, to be fair, they do depending on who is using them and who is judging them for being used.. But that's still different from the fact that he did apologize and took accountability so what pass are you speaking of exactly?
No pass on anyone using slurs, ever. There’s the apology but at the end of the day those are words. Words need to be met with actions. What actions is Kyrie showing he’s genuinely sorry he said and promoted what he did?

No pass on anyone using slurs, ever. There’s the apology but at the end of the day those are words. Words need to be met with actions. What actions is Kyrie showing he’s genuinely sorry he said and promoted what he did?
Man you’re bugging.. You think he’s God? Supposed to make these miracles and wonders in his five day suspension and rest of the sixth before being approved for return? At this point you’re putting words in his mouth about his intentions.. His actions were that he did apologize and did take accountability with his words.. He’s done enough..

Back
Top Bottom