Nike launches a sneaker subscription service for kids

Just because you grew up with beat shoes doesn't mean giving an 8 year old 4 pairs of shoes is OD.

Between football, soccer and life my sons shoes are literally falling apart or too little every 90 days.

You sound like you have unresolved frustrations about only having one pair of a shoes a year
wow you really got me down
you must have taken psychology in your undergrad

but i can understand if your kids need gear for their sports. that makes sense.
but to just have 4 pairs of sneakers is OD for a child

Yea...anything more than 2 pair of sneakers(play shoes and school shoes) at a time is low key adult flexing.

This would be great if the kids also returned the shoes. The concept I imagine is because kids fee are going to be constantly growing so they need new bigger sized shoes. If this was used / deep cleaned by Nike / resent to another kid type program i’d be all about it. Wasting the damn environment spitting out all these unnecessary shoes

This would be great if the kids also returned the shoes. The concept I imagine is because kids fee are going to be constantly growing so they need new bigger sized shoes. If this was used / deep cleaned by Nike / resent to another kid type program i’d be all about it. Wasting the damn environment spitting out all these unnecessary shoes

Damn, I thought you were gonna say donate them to those in 3rd world countries that need shoes :lol:

I used to spend whatever on my daughter for her shoes, but what's the point of doing it if you gotta tell her not to get them dirty when at school? Plus with how she's growing, there's not point in MY world for spending more than $40 on a pair.

Screenshot_20190814-093825.png

These plans are garbage any savy consumers who has kids and want their kids in new shoes monthly, is better off shopping for name brand kids shoes at Ross, Burlington, Marshalls etc. Most kids shoes can range from $20-$40.

Hated missing out on the 90s though :smh:
I like the A.M. lo as well. 96.

Moms bought me like 10+ pair of shoes one year. I think it was 1997 or 1998. But my mom was a young, African American mother who wanted to keep up with the joneses :lol: :rofl:

I was spoiled rotten BUT, I always took care of my shoes.

Stuff like telling your son to comb his hair, clean his room, or keep his shoes clean is something you have to teach EARLY.

I know so many black boys, who hate something as simple as combing their hair.

You’ve got to teach kids about valuing their material possessions and keeping them clean.

I had toothbrush/soap method down pact by the time I was 8 years old.

On rainy days, we use to cover up our shoes in plastic grocery bags.

Put ya youngins on the right path :lol: :pimp::pimp:

E293A4F0-E17C-4F8F-BA92-490FA341005A.jpeg

i got 3 boys this may be clutch for me. They be going thru some shoes.

For the people that are on this already, how is the selection? Like are there Kyries and KD's available or are these just lesser known joints.

Screenshot_20190814-093825.png

These plans are garbage any savy consumers who has kids and want their kids in new shoes monthly, is better off shopping for name brand kids shoes at Ross, Burlington, Marshalls etc. Most kids shoes can range from $20-$40.

It seems like the main point of this is not having to go to stores to pick out shoes for your kids. That really can be a pain in the ***. That in and of itself might be worth it to a bunch of people. Same reason people pay a few bucks more for something on amazon compared to the local store.

Might also be good for struggling parents. $20 a month is way easier to stomach than dropping $100's during back to school.

clean them?
like we all used to do
maybe because i only got one pair of nikes a year growing up and that made me take care of them.

yall parents were really buying yall 4 pairs of nikes a year as a child?!
im jealous.

I could maybe see this if it's sports related. I used to get one pair of casual shoes for the year/until my feet grew, one pair of running shoes, and one pair of boots for soccer

But yeah parents used to tell me to **** and get a job if I asked for more than one pair of casual shoes/year :lol:

What’s the msrp on these shoes I wonder? Is there big savings to be had or are kids getting generic nikes that retail for $60, for $50/month. Some parents would see that as a $10 savings. But nike would be the ones pawning off old generic crap to these consumers. I can get most generic nikes at outlets or even east bay with coupon codes for 40-50% off.

It’s a smart move for those lazy or too busy parents. $60 kid shoes is barely a deal, barely.

What’s the msrp on these shoes I wonder? Is there big savings to be had or are kids getting generic nikes that retail for $60, for $50/month. Some parents would see that as a $10 savings. But nike would be the ones pawning off old generic crap to these consumers. I can get most generic nikes at outlets or even east bay with coupon codes for 40-50% off.

It’s a smart move for those lazy or too busy parents. $60 kid shoes is barely a deal, barely.
Depends if I’m buying my son all white af1’s
He a size 7
So his pair for Coke whites are $75 before tax
And white/white af1’s NEVER go on sale
Say I go for the cheap 4 pairs for $20/month
That’s $240 for 4 pairs
If I come out of pocket
to buy that throughout the year
That’s $300 BEFORE tax

I want to do this for my son but my better judgement is telling me NO CHANCE! None of the shoes they offer are worth having to be on a monthly payment plan. Its pretty much Khols and JCPenny inventory. If they had a better selection I would sign up but I can do what I've been doing and grabbing the next size up at outlets and on clearance sales.

nope. no Jordans, KD's or Kyries or lebrons.

Mainly nike's you see in jcpenney, chucks, select colors of am90, am95, af1,

ahhh ok thanks man. guess I'll pass on this. I can just beat down Ross, TJ Maxx if thats what Im looking for.

Back
Top Bottom