Nike LeBron 18 *First Look*

I don’t see why it’s so hard to make *gasp* different color ways with different materials? :lol:

I swear the LeBron line was designed to flourish on the back end with Retros bc they never release the fire CWs the first time around lol

prime example HWC 8’s coming out lol I see what they’re doing now

And they’d be more coveted than the heavily regurgitated knit, air Max, plastic here and there mash ups that Nike has been pumping out.
The answer is to do a few EXT versions like they did earlier in the line, rather than make a less functional performance product for a vocal minority. What casual wear is for basketball shoes is more likely to evolve with casual clothing (e.g. tech fleece/tapered sweatpants and technical shoes over the past decade) than it is to swing back in a fully retro direction like people in here ask for, especially when Nike can just sell the retro sneakers they already made for $60+ higher than they initially retailed for and use nostalgia to market them.

The answer is to do a few EXT versions like they did earlier in the line, rather than make a less functional performance product for a vocal minority. What casual wear is for basketball shoes is more likely to evolve with casual clothing (e.g. tech fleece/tapered sweatpants and technical shoes over the past decade) than it is to swing back in a fully retro direction like people in here ask for, especially when Nike can just sell the retro sneakers they already made for $60+ higher than they initially retailed for and use nostalgia to market them.

Top sneaker company in the world and they can't figure out how to make a shoe that performs well AND uses leather/suede even tho that's how all Basketball sneakers were made prior to 2006-2007 :lol:

Alternate/EXT/"street" versions would be fire though.

Top sneaker company in the world and they can't figure out how to make a shoe that performs well AND uses leather/suede even tho that's how all Basketball sneakers were made prior to 2006-2007 :lol:

Alternate/EXT/"street" versions would be fire though.
Leather and suede absorb more moisture, weigh more, and retain their structure less effectively than synthetic materials. Cost and manufacturing comparisons aside, that's why performance footwear has moved in the direction it has since 2006-2007. It's like expecting baseball players to play in 100% wool flannel uniforms in 2021.

Leather and suede absorb more moisture, weigh more, and retain their structure less effectively than synthetic materials. Cost and manufacturing comparisons aside, that's why performance footwear has moved in the direction it has since 2006-2007. It's like expecting baseball players to play in 100% wool flannel uniforms in 2021.

Man this was barely 10 years ago :lol:

1622951815344.png

I'm sure what you're saying plays some role but IMO it's probably hella cheaper to make those plastic Hyper-whateverposite materials :lol: And with Nike being the leader in innovation, it's sad if they can't find a way to make a lighter version of suede/leather or even something that just looks and feels like suede/leather but is still their lil bs Hyperdunkpositefoam material :lol: They got the best personnel in the world.

Man this was barely 10 years ago :lol:

1622951815344.png

I'm sure what you're saying plays some role but IMO it's probably hella cheaper to make those plastic Hyper-whateverposite materials :lol: And with Nike being the leader in innovation, it's sad if they can't find a way to make a lighter version of suede/leather or even something that just looks and feels like suede/leather but is still their lil bs Hyperdunkpositefoam material :lol: They got the best personnel in the world.
1622952001507.png

And why put all that research and development into space age leatherposite when you can sell plastic knit shoes for $200 AND retro shoes for $200 based on molds you already have?

And anyone who has felt a "flyleather" shoe will tell you they don't want that crap on a signature basketball shoe lol

the convo is all fun tho

Attachments

• 1622951977271.png
    1622951977271.png
    976.4 KB · Views: 242
Jljcs.jpg

These Christmas joints pop super crazy and pictures don't do justice for the details on them!

Easily top 3 (8s and 9s the other two) Christmas Lebron shoes!

Last edited:
19 does look cool from what I can tell so far. I wanted to try the 18 but the color-ways weren't there for me. The ones that I did like I didn't like enough to buy them.

Here's me being a broken record again, so I apologize... BUT, where are these? I might be the only one that wants this color-way - I would purchase these but they are nowhere to be found.

Attachments

• lebron18- at2021-01-14.png
    lebron18- at2021-01-14.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 244
Back
Top Bottom