NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Saw these on IG...kinda intrigued by them, but don't see these anywhere on a future release page. They don't look like samples either.

View media item 1602368pic credit: @_matt_oneil_

Also does anyone know/have an idea what time the Lauren fisher metcons release on the 9th? I'm assuming it'll be 10AM est like most releases, but I don't want to miss out on those.

Last edited:
After using these 2 shoes, I thought Id write a comparison of both.  The Metcon 1 and Free Trainer 5.0 V6.  For size reference, I wear a 9 in the metcon and a 9.5 in the v6.

Ive gone back and forth using these shoes in workouts and back in forth about which one I like better, which tells me one thing - I like both of these shoes. A lot.  Ive noticed over the past 3-4 months using these 2 shoes exclusively about which ones I like better in certain movements.  And what makes my comparison even more confusing is, I think if you only were able to have 1 of these, the Metcon is the way to go, BUT I prefer the  V6 in more movements - and it all boils down to really 1 thing, Rope Climbs.  You cant climb in the v6, youll maul them.  The metcon 1, rope climbs are a non issue.

For the metcon 1, Im going to do this based on the new mesh/more durable colorways.  The new mesh was a huge update from nike.  It completely makes this shoe.  If they had stuck with the old mesh, durability issues would be a big problem.  The metcon 1, unlike many shoes on the market, does have a break in period.  The heel slip issue Ive felt in every pair I own, and after the sole loosens up a bit the problem goes away.  This shoe is very stiff out of the box.  The insole on this shoe is very thick, I wish it werent so cushiony.  Id like the shoe to be more responsive, especially for deadlifts and box jumps.  When Im doing box jumps, i dont want compression. I want to launch.  The only complain I have on rope climbs, and I looking for something here, is that the sole is cut in too far.  I wish it were a bit more square so you can really lock in on the rope.  Again, this is really looking for something to complain about, and its not a big deal.  Stability is a definite win for the Metcon.  You feel more locked to the floor which many people would prefer in barbell movements.

The v6 on the other hand has pretty much no break in time.  It is more narrow in the mid and forefoot but the flexibility of the sole is unmatched.  This shoe also seems more responsive than the metcon, so I prefer it on deadlifts, double unders, box jumps, etc.  You cannot climb ropes in this shoe (sure, legless you could) but if you do, this shoe will get eaten alive much like your exposed shin does.   As far as durability I dont think theres much difference between the 2, but the metcon does seem to use thicker materials so Id imagine after a while the metcon would probably hold up better (I have multiple pairs of each and rotate them so I havent really worn 1 pair out).  The v6 is considerably lighter feeling on the foot.  This is part of the sacrifice in using lighter materials, but theres no doubt this shoe is lighter when its on your foot.  If you are like me and change laces on every pair of shoes you buy, you cannot use oval or round laces with these. Theyll dig into the top of your foot.  Stick with flatties.

Overall, I really like both of these shoes. I tend to wear the v6s a bit more but I can make the case for using either in just about every workout.  Id say if you can afford to get both, get both.

Frasers with stock laces and nike red laces

Great review thanks. I recently picked up a pair of the v6s and I agree they are a great training shoe. I like them a lot more than the prior edition and they are a great change of pace from the metcons

I know this is a forum for the Metcons, but if anyone is looking for a pair of beaters, the Reebok outlet is having a friends and family sale.  I picked up a pair of Nano 4.0s for $64 shipped after applying the 40% coupon (SAVE40).   http://www.reebok.com/us/men-outlet

I've never tried the Nanos (only Nike Trainers and Metcons), but figured there was no risk since there are free returns.  

Last edited:
yes! good sign, hopefully they make their way to the U.S. soon

I'm trying to help my friend get a pair of size 10 in the Camo colorway. I know NDC re-stocked a couple days ago but I have been searching since but no luck. Any help is much appreciated!

I'm trying to help my friend get a pair of size 10 in the Camo colorway. I know NDC re-stocked a couple days ago but I have been searching since but no luck. Any help is much appreciated!

U missed the rogue restock a few days ago as well.
I'll keep an eye out you

Just got my receipt from Invictus too. I think I need that merica color and the navy and orange ones and I'm probably done. Not impressed with the metcon 2 yet, I need to see what the features of it are. If it's an improved crossfit shoe than I'm in. Hopefully it's lighter and has improved durability. 

hope they ship next week. would make them my 7/4 shoes lol.

i received my receipt 6/17.

but im gonna assume the week after july 4th for delivery date

Back
Top Bottom