NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Pat.. like "Paul and Pat"? Who's this? Glad I could help, I didn't pick them up personally.. not sure if I qualify as Gangsta enough.
yea that pat. I've been friends with pat since college. Played on the huskies with him since season 1 back in like 2007, but last few seasons I've been reffing. I'm the white guy haha.

I don't do crossfit. but I do only wear them to the gym. It's a solid shoe. Sticks to the ground, hugs my arch, exactly what I've been looking for.

I am going to try to head down there after work and check i will grab a pair and post pics if they have them

What colors did they have in stock? If i call will they hold a pair for me you think?

They have the black and volt. I called when they opened at 9 and they held them behind the counter. This is the rockville store not gaithersburg. Gaithersburg doesn't have them.

Awesome thanks man i will call and check in around lunch and see if they can hold a pair for me. I work in Greenbelt so its about 30 mins from me will pop down there and check later tonight when i am off if they can hold me a pair

yea that pat. I've been friends with pat since college. Played on the huskies with him since season 1 back in like 2007, but last few seasons I've been reffing. I'm the white guy haha.

I don't do crossfit. but I do only wear them to the gym. It's a solid shoe. Sticks to the ground, hugs my arch, exactly what I've been looking for.
Ah, the white guy, got it!

I've contemplated picking these up for lifting too, they're perfect for pretty much everything except for running. I'm sure you can run in them but being that My knees are questionable these days, I'll likely have to swap to a traditional running shoe before hopping on a treadmill.. so still on the fence. Seems totally doable though.

I tried on a size 10 which is my normal size, they felt a little long/roomy in the toebox, didn't get a chance to try on a half size down due to being in a rush. How do they fit in your opinion?

yea, figured white guy would give it away haha.

i have a narrow foot, so a lot of times when i tighten shoes they scrunch up at the very bottom. I like my shoes tight, to really hug my foot. im a little too big for a 12.5 in most shoes, nike frees, flyknits, etc, so i got a 13 (which is what i normally wear). They fit great. Again, i like them tight, so the heal slip isnt an issue, but if they arent tight, they can slip. But the toe is just fine. arent training shoes supposed to have a wider toebox for a bigger base anyway? but i can tighten them at the toe without them fitting weird, which i couldnt do with nanos.

whats running?

Last edited:

i have a narrow foot, so a lot of times when i tighten shoes they scrunch up at the very bottom. I like my shoes tight, to really hug my foot. im a little too big for a 12.5 in most shoes, nike frees, flyknits, etc, so i got a 13 (which is what i normally wear). They fit great. Again, i like them tight, so the heal slip isnt an issue, but if they arent tight, they can slip. But the toe is just fine. arent training shoes supposed to have a wider toebox for a bigger base anyway? but i can tighten them at the toe without them fitting weird, which i couldnt do with nanos.

whats running?
#TeamNoRunning

But yeah I went TTS as well and the fit is perfect. I have a moderately wide foot and they felt good right out of the box. I didn't need any break in time at all.

whats running?
very helpful, I think I'm just a really wide size 9.75.

Basketball once/twice a week isn't quite enough cardio these days, so I'll throw in a mile or two every workout. Maybe not I'm not lifting fast enough.

In my personal experience female employees have generally been more helpful than their male counterparts. There have been plenty of times where neither gender helped at all though lol.

I've found in general that 90-95% of shoe store employees don't give an f about you or what you want lol. They getting paid minimum wage and don't care to help you much. Not right but that's pretty much what I see.

I've found in general that 90-95% of shoe store employees don't give an f about you or what you want lol. They getting paid minimum wage and don't care to help you much. Not right but that's pretty much what I see.
Yeah, probably why most of my sneaker shopping has shifted to online.

My shopping experience as of late has been different, especially in the HoH at Beverly Center. Employees are attentive and very helpful, I think almost everyone in a ref shirt I pass by has greeted me and others are even willing to just talk about shoes. Really feel like they are working off commission.

It is when I get to the counter that I get the cold shoulder, it's usually a different person that rings up the purchase, so it's like they know the sale is done so no more point in being nice and they look like they just want to kill themselves. I believe these are the people that answers the calls too so I am not surprised if there is a bad attitude or they are just very lazy to help.

very helpful, I think I'm just a really wide size 9.75.

Basketball once/twice a week isn't quite enough cardio these days, so I'll throw in a mile or two every workout. Maybe not I'm not lifting fast enough.

Buy both sizes and try em out!

Yea basketball isn't cardio, I do stairmaster for my cardio. After 12 seconds I'm balls deep in sweat.

Called Sports authority in Rockville MD 3 times got passed to footwear each time sat on hold for 6 mins....5mins...and 4mins....no one ever picked up so i never went there to check for the shoes.
If i have time at lunch today i might check it out. But i don't really want to give them business considering they don't seem to really care at all

Nike sent out an email about training...linking you to Legend T Shirt, and metcons...which still aren't available

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom