NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

you'd be better off waiting for the release anyways.

only thing that worries me is how the flyknit will hold up. good thing is you can always return them, i guess

only thing that worries me is how the flyknit will hold up. good thing is you can always return them, i guess

I imagine the flyknit won't work for rope climbs [emoji]128521[/emoji]

The press release said these are more bias towards bodyweight movements, wall balls, running etc.

I'm fairly sure that Nike has addressed the worry with flyknit and ropeclimbs as I've not seen a 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED FOR ROPECLIMBS' sign anywhere.

Or they are promoting legless climb?

Either way they have been testing these for well over a year so I'm sure it would of cropped up.

I imagine the flyknit won't work for rope climbs [emoji]128521[/emoji]

The press release said these are more bias towards bodyweight movements, wall balls, running etc.

I'm fairly sure that Nike has addressed the worry with flyknit and ropeclimbs as I've not seen a 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED FOR ROPECLIMBS' sign anywhere.

Or they are promoting legless climb?

Either way they have been testing these for well over a year so I'm sure it would of cropped up.

yeah, since it hasn't been mentioned by nike I'm sure they've figured out a way to coat it or make more resilient so it can stand up to the rope. we'll see, we all remember what happened to a few of the first pairs of 1s and the rower. either way i'm in to try them out! :lol:

yeah, since it hasn't been mentioned by nike I'm sure they've figured out a way to coat it or make more resilient so it can stand up to the rope. we'll see, we all remember what happened to a few of the first pairs of 1s and the rower. either way i'm in to try them out!
laugh.gif
They did it with the Kobe 9 so I am sure it is similar. 

should be no problem, nike doesn't seem to discourage rope climbs:

To meet the demands of all athletes, the entire Metcon family shares some crucial characteristics:

Firm rubber and external heel counter for stability
Sticky rubber in the forefoot for traction
Outsole rope wrap for abrasion protection and rope climbs
Molded flex grooves in the forefoot for natural flexibility
Low-profile heel clip to minimize drag during wall exercises and handstand pushups

Run a mile then knock out 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 air squats; round out with another swift mile. That is "Murph," in memory of Lieutenant Michael Murphy.

The new Nike Metcon DSX Flyknit is designed to cover the details of the demanding "Murph" circuit, debuting an ultra-durable Flyknit, which provides a lighter, more flexible one-to-one fit. It also has cushioning for the running and support for the plyometrics, as well as other cardio-focused routines like the "Helen" (a three-round cycle encompassing a 400-meter run, 21 kettleball swings and 12 pull-ups), Mat Fraser and Sara Sigmundsdóttir's NTC "Row Down" workout and the NTC "The Big Four" workout.

Integrated Flywire and Flyknit at the mid-foot provide a dynamic fit that helps lock the foot in place for running, cutting, jumping and lifting. This, combined with a new dual density outsole, an elevated 6mm offset and a drop-in articulated cushioning system provide more cushioning and comfort for more miles and reps (i.e. crushing those WODs noted above).

Do 21 barbell thrusters followed by 21 pull-ups. Then do 15 barbell thrusters followed by 15 pull-ups. Finally, complete 9 barbell thrusters followed by 9 pull-ups. Do it all as fast as possible. That is “Fran.”

Workouts like "Fran" and others incorporating burpees, rope climbs and squat cleans (including NTC's "Double Down" routine) require a shoe with a unique blend of durability and stability.

To that end, the Nike Metcon 3 is designed with a flat and strong platform, delivering stability for squats, box jumps and explosive lifts. The 4mm offset means it's the lowest Metcon, which equates to more support for more weight under load. The new upper, made out of ballistic mesh and embroidered TPU, is more lightweight, flexible and breathable. It is designed to be firm enough in the heel to handle the rigors of lifting yet softer and more flexible in the forefoot to provide greater cushioning — allowing smooth sailing through the toughest power circuits.

View media item 2262692View media item 2262693

Last edited:
Question for those that are flat footed and use these shoes during your workouts.........

Do you guys use an aftermarket insole like Superfeet or Spencos with your Metcon 2s OR is the stock insole got a good enough cushion/stability to go without a 3rd party insole to alleviate "flat feet issues" during workouts?

I use custom orthotics. But the metcons make that possible by giving me enough room for my custom insoles.

Stuck between these two iD designs and before anyone says they are too girly I am a female, any feedback would be much appreciated!
i think you should go with black. 

unless you have the money, go for both.

you can never have too many pairs of shoes

for actual performance shoes, I always tend to go with the darker upper so it doesn't show dirt as much so I'd go with the black one

but to be honest, aesthetically, I think the black one looks better too

Thanks for the responses I ended up going with the black ones. Not doubling up on iDS yet until the flyknit & GR models start releasing

Back
Top Bottom