Nike Pro Combat shirts/shorts

thanks bruh, did u grab them online or at a store?
haven't had any luck finding thsoe at any spots here in oregon...
i swear we get no love for anything even with the adidas and nike es-s here lol.
online they have 2 versions but idk which one to get and sizing wise...

thanks bruh, did u grab them online or at a store?
haven't had any luck finding thsoe at any spots here in oregon...
i swear we get no love for anything even with the adidas and nike es-s here lol.
online they have 2 versions but idk which one to get and sizing wise...

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

HMack007 wrote:
Next thing you know Stern is going to be making helmets and advocating concussion awareness.
Padding in basketball does not improve your comfort or performance. Circulation issues on the legs with certain socks/tights ? Understandable. Neoprene sleeve for your elbow or knee for medical/surgical reasons ? Sure

But body armor is stupid. Lebron is a physical specimen. Is he a sissy clown? Sure but he's genetically gifted. Dude can take a tapping, doesn't need football pads ! No one does !

I really don't understand or see why do y'all care about what the NEXT man wears. some people like myself like to stay away from being hurt. not every game you get that

knee to the thigh, the elbow in the rib or 6 inch scratch on the arm, but when wearing this you PROTECT your body for it. I could care less what the next man wears when

balling, but to say body armor is stupid is just silly. its all about protection yo.. you know how many times I used to get hit in on my shins, with the mcdavid pads them

joints saved me from so much pain/hits.. and you on the other hand say its stupid
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, if you don't like it FINE, but to say that its stupid baffles me..

and one more thing,  you know people like Lebron/D wade/ Durant play people even bigger than them right.. smh

here we go again Fresh.  Please assume just because someone is a "physical specimen", that means that they cant get hurt, bruised, etc.  Espeically playing against people bigger than them like you said and going to the hole FULL speed 82, 48 min games.  Alot of bad things can happen when you getting at that rate of speed to the basket.  And why single out Lebron?.... why not mention the most of the rest of the league or hundreds of college basketball players that wear them? 

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

HMack007 wrote:
Next thing you know Stern is going to be making helmets and advocating concussion awareness.
Padding in basketball does not improve your comfort or performance. Circulation issues on the legs with certain socks/tights ? Understandable. Neoprene sleeve for your elbow or knee for medical/surgical reasons ? Sure

But body armor is stupid. Lebron is a physical specimen. Is he a sissy clown? Sure but he's genetically gifted. Dude can take a tapping, doesn't need football pads ! No one does !

I really don't understand or see why do y'all care about what the NEXT man wears. some people like myself like to stay away from being hurt. not every game you get that

knee to the thigh, the elbow in the rib or 6 inch scratch on the arm, but when wearing this you PROTECT your body for it. I could care less what the next man wears when

balling, but to say body armor is stupid is just silly. its all about protection yo.. you know how many times I used to get hit in on my shins, with the mcdavid pads them

joints saved me from so much pain/hits.. and you on the other hand say its stupid
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, if you don't like it FINE, but to say that its stupid baffles me..

and one more thing,  you know people like Lebron/D wade/ Durant play people even bigger than them right.. smh

here we go again Fresh.  Please assume just because someone is a "physical specimen", that means that they cant get hurt, bruised, etc.  Espeically playing against people bigger than them like you said and going to the hole FULL speed 82, 48 min games.  Alot of bad things can happen when you getting at that rate of speed to the basket.  And why single out Lebron?.... why not mention the most of the rest of the league or hundreds of college basketball players that wear them? 

i understand how all the pads and accessories could look stupid. I never did and still don't really understand the arm sleeves.. and i think people who accessorize as much as a Melo or a D Wade look like clowns, ESPECIALLY during pick up games.
But on the other hand, if you play as much as i do (4-6/week, leagues & pick up) the likelihood of you getting hurt increases. And i don't even play as much as id like to.
To those who don't understand, have you ever been undercut on a fast break and landed on your tailbone or hip or back without anytime to really break your fall?? It's pretty damn painful.. so if wearing those padded shorts means mitigating the damage somewhat, I think it makes sense to wear em. I understand both sides though cause I do think alotta regular dudes OD on the gear. I've never been one to accessorize, but i do wear the padded shorts and padded sleeve - for a reason

i understand how all the pads and accessories could look stupid. I never did and still don't really understand the arm sleeves.. and i think people who accessorize as much as a Melo or a D Wade look like clowns, ESPECIALLY during pick up games.
But on the other hand, if you play as much as i do (4-6/week, leagues & pick up) the likelihood of you getting hurt increases. And i don't even play as much as id like to.
To those who don't understand, have you ever been undercut on a fast break and landed on your tailbone or hip or back without anytime to really break your fall?? It's pretty damn painful.. so if wearing those padded shorts means mitigating the damage somewhat, I think it makes sense to wear em. I understand both sides though cause I do think alotta regular dudes OD on the gear. I've never been one to accessorize, but i do wear the padded shorts and padded sleeve - for a reason

I got the Nike Pro Combats at Ross for $16.99. They only had XL and XXL and I thought they would be too big since I'm 5'11 190lbs but they actuall fit. I've had some tightness in my hamstring and it seems like they are helping a little. I'll have to try the UA or Adidas ones. One major draw back is that they get hot and sweaty in the croch area since it's not really ventilated there....kind of gross.

I got the Nike Pro Combats at Ross for $16.99. They only had XL and XXL and I thought they would be too big since I'm 5'11 190lbs but they actuall fit. I've had some tightness in my hamstring and it seems like they are helping a little. I'll have to try the UA or Adidas ones. One major draw back is that they get hot and sweaty in the croch area since it's not really ventilated there....kind of gross.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Jordan, Magic, Bird, Sir Charles, David Robinson, Malone, Stockon, The Dream
Never did I see pads on any of them. Ever.
true true
laugh.gif

true true
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

true true
laugh.gif

so magic, malone, olajuwon, ewing...they never wore pads? or they never wore 2011 technology pads? lol

Originally Posted by Zyzz

true true
laugh.gif

so magic, malone, olajuwon, ewing...they never wore pads? or they never wore 2011 technology pads? lol

Back
Top Bottom