Nike Space Hippie

Finally broke these out. I couldn’t do them with shorts but I really like them.
DC5F9F2C-A199-4CF9-BD28-BB1462D46000.jpeg

I don’t want them to be hyped. I like these, own the og and volts. Don’t want to end up with 5 colorways of the same shoe in 2 months though so guess I’ll start pick and choosing.
It's this easy. I don't understand your "killing them off" remark. You have no civic duty or obligation to purchase a shoe lol. If don't want it don't buy it. More options are a good thing; like you said, you can pick and choose. I had this discussion in the NB thread about the 327, I've had this discussion in the AM1 thread when there were a billion GRs in 2018 and 19. More colorways and drops means more saturation and easier to purchase for retail or on sale.

It's this easy. I don't understand your "killing them off" remark. You have no civic duty or obligation to purchase a shoe lol. If don't want it don't buy it. More options are a good thing; like you said, you can pick and choose. I had this discussion in the NB thread about the 327, I've had this discussion in the AM1 thread when there were a billion GRs in 2018 and 19. More colorways and drops means more saturation and easier to purchase for retail or on sale.
Some shoes I like collecting. I don’t want to have to collect 50 colorways of the same shoe hence why I’ll start picking and choosing.

Some shoes I like collecting. I don’t want to have to collect 50 colorways of the same shoe hence why I’ll start picking and choosing.
Oh, I've never gotten shoes for the sake of collecting or just to have them. I try not to have more than 5 or 6 of one silhouette.

As for the new colorway of the 01s, I'm a fan, but not sure I like them more than the volts. I'll give it a shot on snkrs and if I get em in hand I'll see if I like em more vs the volts. I definitely like the volts more than OGs. I don't like the blue tint sole.

Oh, I've never gotten shoes for the sake of collecting or just to have them. I try not to have more than 5 or 6 of one silhouette.

As for the new colorway of the 01s, I'm a fan, but not sure I like them more than the volts. I'll give it a shot on snkrs and if I get em in hand I'll see if I like em more vs the volts. I definitely like the volts more than OGs. I don't like the blue tint sole.

I thought these were only an original drop but that changed quickly lol.

I'm bummed. After three weeks, StockX just told me that they're not gonna authenticate the 01 Volts I ordered because of a damaged box. They said I could waive the damage and receive them, but I don't know if I want a box covered in tape. I plan on wearing these a lot, but at the same point, it seems like a foolish thing to okay if the box is jacked...

I'm bummed. After three weeks, StockX just told me that they're not gonna authenticate the 01 Volts I ordered because of a damaged box. They said I could waive the damage and receive them, but I don't know if I want a box covered in tape. I plan on wearing these a lot, but at the same point, it seems like a foolish thing to okay if the box is jacked...

What size are you?

Even the in-tact boxes look funny. 1 these boxes are hella long for some reason. Then on top of that they have part of the outside cardboard torn off from people tearing off the original shipping labels and tape. If your box is a bit dented, I would take that discount. These boxes aren't pretty on the outside either way

All boxes are covered in tape. Nike didn't double box them so they all have labels on them, and then torn off before being shipped to Stockx. I guess if someone bought them in a store but I doubt many were sold in store these days. The box is definitely not a big deal on these.

One of the designers posted a hack for the space hippie collection... if you don’t like the tape, dismantle the box and rebuild it inside out... the graphics are then on the outside and it looks much better.

How come there is no Wheat White of the 02/03? Are they staggering the releases now?

Don't care for the 04 but found this
screenshot-www.dtlr.com-2020.08.10-18_41_52.png

who is looking for a pair o have an extra Ds mens 9t wmns 11 ???? Dm 140+ shipping so basically retail

9222AF2D-864D-42C6-8847-7A8447F21C92.jpeg

What size are you?

Size 12.

And I appreciate all the box advice from everyone! I really admire Nike not double boxing them for sure so I wouldn’t have cared about the box at all if I had hit on the SNKRS drop. But paying the StockX premium somehow made the box seem more important 🤷‍♂️

Inside out hack is pretty brilliant btw!

Even the in-tact boxes look funny. 1 these boxes are hella long for some reason. Then on top of that they have part of the outside cardboard torn off from people tearing off the original shipping labels and tape. If your box is a bit dented, I would take that discount. These boxes aren't pretty on the outside either way
They didn’t offer a discount yet, but if they did, I would definitely consider that.

It’s a weird situation because I reached out to them today to find out why it had been three weeks with nothing but stock emails about covid delays and customer support told me about the tape on the box but then said I still had to await official word from the authentication team though, so I guess I’ll see what they say. Maybe there is a discount offer...

They didn’t offer a discount yet, but if they did, I would definitely consider that.

It’s a weird situation because I reached out to them today to find out why it had been three weeks with nothing but stock emails about covid delays and customer support told me about the tape on the box but then said I still had to await official word from the authentication team though, so I guess I’ll see what they say. Maybe there is a discount offer...

Odd...I emailed them a few hows ago because I too have been waiting three weeks since my bid was accepted on Volt 02. Multiple Covid delay emails are the only follow communication I’ve received. Still says en route to StockX for authentication in the app. I wonder if they’re going to tell me the same thing...
:emoji_confused:

Late to the party, but got my Volt 03s yesterday from Goat. Box is a bit dinged on the corners but otherwise in good shape. Really impressed with the shoes. They’re a little tight, especially across the toe box (that seems to be a Nike thing lately—so many silhouettes have a toe box that’s too low, at least for me). This one isn’t too bad, so hoping it loosens up.

The soles are super comfortable. Perfect balance of cushion and support for me. I had heard they were stiff, but they’re great. They’re nowhere near as springy as my Peg Trail 2s, but they’re definitely not as stiff as my Adidas 4Ds. Like I said, great balance of cushion and support.

They look amazing on foot, too. Fast fit system looks the part, but I’m not sure how much it’s doing for lockdown. Doesn’t feel that different when I cinch it down. Maybe after they loosen up it will.

Wasn’t thrilled that I took an L on sneakers and had to pay resale, but I can overlook that now that I’ve got them.

Attachments

• A0AB15EC-F00F-4616-B562-6E7A6EB1BC2A.jpeg
    A0AB15EC-F00F-4616-B562-6E7A6EB1BC2A.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 374
Odd...I emailed them a few hows ago because I too have been waiting three weeks since my bid was accepted on Volt 02. Multiple Covid delay emails are the only follow communication I’ve received. Still says en route to StockX for authentication in the app. I wonder if they’re going to tell me the same thing...
:emoji_confused:
If you want to reach them, use the chat app on their desktop site. It’s the only way they respond in a timely fashion. Just open a chat and go through the motions of selecting your order, checking status, and then when it says do you need more help, say yes and select chat with agent. They are extremely helpful about the exact status of your order (though not amazing at giving arrival estimates).

If you want to reach them, use the chat app on their desktop site. It’s the only way they respond in a timely fashion. Just open a chat and go through the motions of selecting your order, checking status, and then when it says do you need more help, say yes and select chat with agent. They are extremely helpful about the exact status of your order (though not amazing at giving arrival estimates).

Chat worked like a charm.
Apparently they’ve been sitting at the warehouse and waiting to be scanned in then authenticated. Quin, the rep said the SX authentication centers are at limited capacity due to COVID regulations. Also said to check back in a week if no movement.

I had a good experience my first go around with SX, but this one I guess pending COVID...not sure if I’m being impatient or what. The price has dropped on the 02 and I don’t have the item so it’s kind of like I should have waited or went with GOAT.

It does look like bad business though on SX’s behalf if they can’t keep up but just keep sending “delayed emails”. Just temporarily stop transactions instead of taking everyone’s money and items...they’re getting all of the assets while the sellers and buyers have nothing for three plus weeks...

Back
Top Bottom