Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
0462AB93-CD40-471A-BC6F-BA82155ACAA6.jpeg

Ouch. Crazy to think we’re at the point where Kobe Iv’s might not be wearable anymore...

We in da last days

Same. I like reading schwollo's reviews. Kickgenius was cool. I also like sole brothers comparison videos. I watch everything though.
I rarely base my purchases on reviews though. I kind of know what works for me at this point.

Yeah I'd say NW and Schwollo have the most legit/unbiased/informed reviews. I also don't mind Hoop and Life. I'll usually take their view into consideration but at the end of the day you still need to make your own mind up.

Sole brothers are pretty bad. I'll watch for entertainment value but personally do not give their reviews any weight.

Kicksology (Professor K) is the goat! I didn't even know what Zoom was until he came along.

Nick De Paula (now ESPN) also did reviews for Sole Collector under the "kicksology" name after Dr K and before the "ShoeTube" era hit - He had great reviews that were accurate as to technical details (obviously had access to Nike and their designer(s) though). See his original Kobe 4 review where the biggest complaint is forefoot cushioning: https://solecollector.com/news/2009/08/nike-zoom-kobe-iv-performance-review

"...I'll just jump right in and say that this shoe is one change away from being lumped into discussion as one of the top five basketball shoes of all time. It's (almost) that good.

That change is the need for forefoot Zoom Air in place of the currently embedded Lunar Foam unit, and it's frustrating how such a simple alteration can really make that much of an impact for what is otherwise an above-average performer as is..."

NIKE ARE YOU LISTENING?! YOU'VE HAD ALMOST A DECADE TO THINK ABOUT THIS.

Last edited:
Ouch. Crazy to think we’re at the point where Kobe Iv’s might not be wearable anymore...

We in da last days

Yup, my blackout iD’s and gradient always separated on me. Only pair I have left is del sols lol.
My shelf of beloved retired bball kicks:

9DB05260-6191-4BAD-AB3B-E96F2013F683.jpeg

I bet his game is trash too :lol:

Dude is the most unathletic person possible reviewing performance athletic wear lol. Nike and all them like to pick the most non threatening people possible

No, Jacques Slade can actually hoop a little bit. Foamer and his brother vouched for his game a while back.

Not everybody is as lame and useless as Seth Fowler :lol:

So kicksology is MJ and NW Kobe?

Or is Kicksology Dr J and Nightwing Jordan?

Foamer Simpson is Brian Scalabrine. :lol:

Schwollo is Jordan.

He's the most knowledgable reviewer by far and his site is ad-free so he can say whatever he wants without consequence. It doesn't get better than that.

The kicksology dude is Elgin Baylor in internet years. That dude was around before I could even get my drivers license :lol:

Foamer and his brother Buckets play professional 3 on 3 and look pretty good playing in a lot of their videos.

I hooped with the Kick Genius dudes years ago. They don't pass the ball but they can play.

Jahronmon obviously has game per his footage ( I still want to know why he ditched WearTesters... the few words he did say about it made is sound like there was some beef).

The SoleBrothers refuse to post any footage of them actually playing which is HILARIOUS.

Sammy will be like "If you're a player that does a lot of cross overs and step backs like me, it's better if the shoe allows you to feel lower to the ground..."

:rofl: we know that boy can't cross over a barstool. Same with Donnie... but I appreciate their work ethic and they're pretty efficient with getting the videos up in a timely manner.

The versus videos that they do are also good.

Last edited:
Let's get back on track.

Any idea on the next release outside of UNDFTD?

No release dates yet but st least some colors that are coming
Soo I got some info on more colors

We have a

-700 (assuming a yellow of some sort)
-500 (assuming some sort of purple color)
-102 (assuming white based) (PRAYING THIS TURNS OUT TO BE THE WHITE/PURPLE FADE)
And I think the last one I remember was a -002/003 can’t remember exactly. I’ll check tomorrow

Update:

So it’s just -002 (not 003),

there’s also a -001
And the 102 is supposed to be a 101

People don't care that there's no full zoom, we waited too long for these to drop again. I see a few pairs at my gym and it's sold out online out here in most sizes

traction been kinda meh, played the last two days. 1st court was clean but these were picking up dust like crazy

slightly better today

cushioning is great in the forefoot, but feel like they're gonna bottom out QUICK :smh:

traction been kinda meh, played the last two days. 1st court was clean but these were picking up dust like crazy

slightly better today

cushioning is great in the forefoot, but feel like they're gonna bottom out QUICK :smh:
Bottom out how? There's nothing there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom