Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
I’m black.
Trying to understand what Slade did wrong, Maybe I’m missing it.

But from my understanding it was he shared a story (right or wrong. He did sound like he was being an *** for no reason though) to use it as a way to jump into the topic he really wanted to talk about.

And as a Criminal justice major (want to be a detective) yeah it was probably really bad timing but Nike has been doing the law enforcement discount for a while. The ones doing the correct thing should be allowed to take advantage
Not only was the timing of Slade's commentary bad, in support of what Nike as doing for the police, but also because the Eric Garner situation had just occurred. His tone was insulting. Black people did not need encouragement from sneaker blogs in regard to being pissed about Police brutality. Nike had been silent about such issues for years, up until the most recent backing of Kaepernick. It took LeBron and Colin, Serena Williams as well, to get in Nike's ear about their seeming indifference on the issues. So when Alchemist IQ spoke of Slade's pandering, this article immediately flashed into memory.

Last edited:
Soo I got some info on more colors

We have a

-700 (assuming a yellow of some sort)
-500 (assuming some sort of purple color)
-102 (assuming white based) (PRAYING THIS TURNS OUT TO BE THE WHITE/PURPLE FADE)
And I think the last one I remember was a -002/003 can’t remember exactly. I’ll check tomorrow
Update:

So it’s just -002 (not 003),

there’s also a -001
And the 102 is supposed to be a 101

i sent my protro 4s back and got the refund already. didn't even bother talking to a rep to finese a coupon. they're wrong for this and i hope someone like kobe can steer the protro series back on course or maybe other influencers or outlets can call them out and make it happen. disappointing that someone as "close" to nike as slade just glosses over the issues and controversy we've already known about AND misinforms us.

Smh
J.slade is cut off for good.
B457C933-E39F-48D1-8DA4-7B8E434C0E3E.jpeg

If they changed the shoe description hours before release, it’s still not false advertising or anything. Just shady af the sneaker blogs caught wind/were told full zoom and nothing was done to correct that. If sneaker sites still have them for sale say full zoom, that’s a huge issue

Foot locker still said full zoom yesterday, despite one star reviews i don't think they care to fix it because most sizes are gone

These are so nice on feet but not $190 nice. Btw did anyone else notice they have a hex pattern on part of the shoe. Nice little detail

Dude is the most unathletic person possible reviewing performance athletic wear lol. Nike and all them like to pick the most non threatening people possible

Isn't he actually pretty decent at hooping though? I think awhile back KickGenius had a VLOG where they were playing at some event the ShoeTubers were invited to and they said Slade can actually ball.

I like watching Jahronmon's reviews because he actually shows ingame footage of him with the sneaker and it looks like he actually has some game.

^^^ they can both really play. Jacques just doesn’t get on court as much now because he is busy with the video life.

Isn't he actually pretty decent at hooping though? I think awhile back KickGenius had a VLOG where they were playing at some event the ShoeTubers were invited to and they said Slade can actually ball.

I like watching Jahronmon's reviews because he actually shows ingame footage of him with the sneaker and it looks like he actually has some game.
99% of those shoetubers don’t even exercise let alone play ball

Appreciate the time you put in to write this, but all this does for me is just further solidify my lack of interest, or maybe even dislike/disdain for this release.

I believe you when you say you couldn't have been happier, but having zoom in the forefoot would make me happier than not having it.

This is one of those releases, like the original Hyperdunk and first Kobe AD, that embodies the downsides of Nike. At my age and with my cushioning preferences, I'm not thinking twice about passing, just like I pass on every other model that doesn't have adequate forefoot cushioning.
I know I say this often when I tell everyone that "not every shoe is for every foot" but luckily for me the first A.D. was a great experience and felt like I was playing in the X 2.0 version. Fixed a lot of the things that eventually went bad on that shoe.

Whenever the topic of youtube reviewers game comes up im tempted to take a cheap shot at the Sole Brothers haha. I like those guys though.

I used to watch so many of them...and they're all washed now.

NW is the only one I actually still enjoy watching. I like that he includes his wife now, she helps lighten up the conversation. For some of the hypebeasty/non-basketball stuff...I've actually enjoyed watching this one Youtuber from the Philippines. I can't think of his name but he does a good job of describing the product without too much bloat.

edit: Carlo Ople is the guy

Dude is the most unathletic person possible reviewing performance athletic wear lol. Nike and all them like to pick the most non threatening people possible
This. Nice guys. The OJ model, using hip hop to make people comfortable, all inclusive. Just so the culture vultures can feel welcome. NIghtwing on the other hand, he is cool. I dig him. He doesn't give a damn at times, and it is hysterical.

Back
Top Bottom