Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Jack slade is saying he was told by nike the cushion is FULL LENGTH CUSHLON and not PHYLON.

This is the 1st time of me hearing this after watching the video.

Anyways, I would love to hear from other niketalk members about their experience.
I ordered a pair through SNKRS but couldn't wait to try them on. Especially, after reading on here about the change in description. Went to a local HOH and tried them on. The heel felt great but the vamp felt way tight and the forefoot felt like I was on plywood. I walked around and the shoe started to get better but I was still worried. My pair arrived on Tuesday so I put them on and it was a totally different experience. The fit was on point, the cushion felt great, and the transition from heel to forefoot was excellent. It reinforced my thoughts that Nike (and other brands) quality control is almost non-existent. There have been several models where I've tried on multiple pairs of the same size and the fit and overall feel was noticeably different across all pairs.
Played in the pair for 5-6 hours, over the weekend, and couldn't have been happier. The floor was ice for everyone but me. I have no complaints about the performance and will continue to use them.

I ordered a pair through SNKRS but couldn't wait to try them on. Especially, after reading on here about the change in description. Went to a local HOH and tried them on. The heel felt great but the vamp felt way tight and the forefoot felt like I was on plywood. I walked around and the shoe started to get better but I was still worried. My pair arrived on Tuesday so I put them on and it was a totally different experience. The fit was on point, the cushion felt great, and the transition from heel to forefoot was excellent. It reinforced my thoughts that Nike (and other brands) quality control is almost non-existent. There have been several models where I've tried on multiple pairs of the same size and the fit and overall feel was noticeably different across all pairs.
Played in the pair for 5-6 hours, over the weekend, and couldn't have been happier. The floor was ice for everyone but me. I have no complaints about the performance and will continue to use them.
The kobe 11 is infamous for all the different fits between colorways

We’ve already heard that Protro V’s come out next year but no word on the next protro IV colorway? Not including collabs neither but they’re certainly taking their time

Appreciate the time you put in to write this, but all this does for me is just further solidify my lack of interest, or maybe even dislike/disdain for this release.

I believe you when you say you couldn't have been happier, but having zoom in the forefoot would make me happier than not having it.

This is one of those releases, like the original Hyperdunk and first Kobe AD, that embodies the downsides of Nike. At my age and with my cushioning preferences, I'm not thinking twice about passing, just like I pass on every other model that doesn't have adequate forefoot cushioning.

I forgot to mention jack slade is in the pocket$ of nike, he’s not gonna be “REAL” with it.

Unlike him you gotta respect nightwing he gets to the truth and doesn’t hide behind a smoke screen to keep his sponsorship relationships.

yup, that's the video i saw, haven't seen him pissed like that for a while, hehe

Gonna try to bring some life back to the thread. I have wore these a few time from the OG release.
20190228_121342.jpg
20190228_121357.jpg

I spent the night in front of HOH LA when it first opened. Had two pairs but sold the other pair a few years back. As a Trojan fan this was major for me.

20190228_121109.jpg

20190228_121120.jpg

Disappointing that we aren't getting a true protro but this one of the best models IMO.

Appreciate the time you put in to write this, but all this does for me is just further solidify my lack of interest, or maybe even dislike/disdain for this release.

I believe you when you say you couldn't have been happier, but having zoom in the forefoot would make me happier than not having it.

This is one of those releases, like the original Hyperdunk and first Kobe AD, that embodies the downsides of Nike. At my age and with my cushioning preferences, I'm not thinking twice about passing, just like I pass on every other model that doesn't have adequate forefoot cushioning.

I agree. They could have literally moved the zoom from the heel to the forefoot and I would have been happy. None of the Kobe ADs have worked for me so far :/.

I forgot to mention jack slade is in the pocket$ of nike, he’s not gonna be “REAL” with it.

Unlike him you gotta respect nightwing he gets to the truth and doesn’t hide behind a smoke screen to keep his sponsorship relationships.

I have nothing against either of them personally (and they both make high-quality production videos), but Jacques Slade and Seth Fowler are two of the biggest corporate shills on Youtube.

THIS. I was way underwhelmed by my pair from Nike. The cushioning was just firm and dead. It highlighted how insufficient the forefoot was going to be for me. I need more forefoot cushioning than phylon and I frankly expect more in a Protro with a premium price. I get that this setup may work for some people and others are excited to get any retro of the 4s, but these shoes don't work for me so my pair went back to Nike and I'm getting something else.

Lol Cushlon!? That’s supposed to fix this clusterf-? Nice try Nike, time to fire your PR team.

Back
Top Bottom