Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

After two resellers back off finally a pair has ship to be authenticated. Hope it passes so I can finally have these caos Vs. got my number 8 jersey coming this summer can’t wait.

20200210_211845.jpg

apparently end of March

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 10.42.19.png
I can't help but not feel excited for these knowing who else is going after them that day. I think it's a great looking LA colorway, but unless Nike makes substantial stock I don't see how us pure Kobe fans are going to be able to cop. btw I don't mean to sound selfish or entitled about this because of the passing

I can't help but not feel excited for these knowing who else is going after them that day. I think it's a great looking LA colorway, but unless Nike makes substantial stock I don't see how us pure Kobe fans are going to be able to cop. btw I don't mean to sound selfish or entitled about this because of the passing

Exactly. I would cop on day one typically while most of the people even in this thread would be like “I’ll wait for them to go on sale”...now every hypebeast on the planet will be trying to get them.

Exactly. I would cop on day one typically while most of the people even in this thread would be like “I’ll wait for them to go on sale”...now every hypebeast on the planet will be trying to get them.

that because in general most nike basketball shoes can be bought at a discounted price because nike basketball in general has been a decline and resellers have backed off on majority of nike basketball drops. Which in return is good for us that actually wants to pick up basketball shoes and not wanting to pay the full marked up price nike has been pricing basketball shoes.

Don’t feel guilty bro, I feel the same way and most of us that have been in all the Kobe threads I’m sure feel similarly. We have been loyal supporters before this new wave of interest hit. I’ve been balling in Kobe’s 90 percent of the time since the Kobe 5. It’s a little unnerving to know that it’s probably gonna be a struggle to cop now with all the hype when we’ve been copping most releases with ease for years.

I feel like we deserve special access or something for our loyalty.

I feel you 100% man. I’m trying to not get excited about any Kobe releases because i really feel like they’re going to screw us.

Other than playing in t Mac 2 and 3 during HS, all my other b-ball shoes have been kobes. 5-AD. Gonna suck to buy kobes moving forward now if they decide to continue pumping em out

With Kobe gone and the Lakers doing well this season a Lakers themed shoe will probably be really hard to get. Here's to hoping Nike mass produces this thing.
All future Kobe releases will prob be very hard to cop...
everybody wants kobes now

where did you find the slam one?? Got my hands on the others but haven’t seen that one anywhere!!

thanks!
That two on the bottom are from around the time of his retirement. Have not seen anything from Slam yet regarding the current circumstances. What is the one in the top right corner?

Yeah it’s actually kind of surprising SLAM hasn’t released anything for him yet...I’d have thought they’d be one of the first out of the gate...

This is definitely subjective.

Depending on your game style, age, weigh etc. As a light-guard/explosive, anything like the LeBrons that emphasis impact protection just slows me down. The lack of court feel scares me when moving laterally etc.

I found the Kobe 4, 5, 8 & 9 perfect. Essentially what you sacrifice in cushioning/impact protection is made up in court feel. The Kyrie line is an extreme in the spectrum. The Kobe and Durant line are a good balance of both. LeBrons are on the other side.

Kobes have never had great cushioning.

I prefer Lebron’s and KDs in that regard.

If you're going to frame it, you could actually buy a poster size version of the Times cover off their website

Just FYI, it's not a poster-sized reprint, it’s the same size as the actual cover. It's just printed on better paper and doesn't have the barcode on it. I keep debating whether or not to buy it. Part of me feels like I'd rather get a different Kobe poster/artwork to frame. I don't know that I want to have that Time cover on my wall, seeing it's somber tone and the words Kobe Bryant: 1978-2020 every day. I think I'd rather have something that reminds me of the Mamba the way I want to remember him, doing his thing, and not a daily reminder of his death. I dunno.

Last edited:
Just FYI, it's not a poster-sized reprint, it’s the same size as the actual cover. It's just printed on better paper and doesn't have the barcode on it. I keep debating whether or not to buy it. Part of me feels like I'd rather get a different Kobe poster/artwork to frame. I don't know that I want to have that Time cover on my wall, seeing it's somber tone and the words Kobe Bryant: 1978-2020 every day. I think I'd rather have something that reminds me of the Mamba the way I want to remember him, doing his thing, and not a daily reminder of his death. I dunno.
Don't do it for the reasons you just mentioned.

Don't do it for the reasons you just mentioned.
Agreed. The only thing about it is, it might be nice to have in the long run. I know magazines aren't seen with the same prestige as they once were (I work in journalism, I know all about it unfortunately) but still, being on the Time cover is a big deal. It shows what a big deal he was, and that his death was culturally significant. But yeah.

Back
Top Bottom