Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

https://store.lindyssports.com/collections/special-editions

Forever Mamba magazine
Screenshot_20200212-110911_Edge.jpg

Last edited:
This is definitely subjective.

Depending on your game style, age, weigh etc. As a light-guard/explosive, anything like the LeBrons that emphasis impact protection just slows me down. The lack of court feel scares me when moving laterally etc.

I found the Kobe 4, 5, 8 & 9 perfect. Essentially what you sacrifice in cushioning/impact protection is made up in court feel. The Kyrie line is an extreme in the spectrum. The Kobe and Durant line are a good balance of both. LeBrons are on the other side.
What part of this is subjective if you agree that there’s a sacrifice in cushioning when wearing Kobe’s?

Personally, I've never played in a better shoe than ZKV's. Haven't bought a single new basketball shoe since the OG ZKV's. Still on the hunt for something even remotely comparable.

Just FYI, it's not a poster-sized reprint, it’s the same size as the actual cover. It's just printed on better paper and doesn't have the barcode on it. I keep debating whether or not to buy it. Part of me feels like I'd rather get a different Kobe poster/artwork to frame. I don't know that I want to have that Time cover on my wall, seeing it's somber tone and the words Kobe Bryant: 1978-2020 every day. I think I'd rather have something that reminds me of the Mamba the way I want to remember him, doing his thing, and not a daily reminder of his death. I dunno.
I finally got the poster in and framed it. Took some pictures for references on the size.
28773EDB-749A-4EEB-BE2C-857E3F57AAB0.jpeg
4E7838BE-1F17-43EA-9CA3-DFD41A16154D.jpeg

how about 4, 6 and 8's?
They're closer than anything else, but I like those only for casual wear. To be fair I've never tried them on-court but I usually know instantly what I will or won't like.

Previous shoes I've used...
Zoom Jet Flight (Best as I can remember, perfection. RETRO PLEASE!!!!)
OG Team Elite 2 Low (Amazing with double stacked Zoom!)
OG AJ XIX (With insoles, nearly perfect.)
OG Hyperdunk (With insoles were decent, but not my fave.)
OG ZK1 (With insoles, near perfect but a bit heavy.)
OG ZKV (GOAT...Period.)

I hesitated on buying the Chaos V Protro (financially it was the best decision at the time) and then Kobe died a few days later and prices went through the roof. Hoping I can score some at reasonable prices in the future.

I finally got the poster in and framed it. Took some pictures for references on the size.
28773EDB-749A-4EEB-BE2C-857E3F57AAB0.jpeg
4E7838BE-1F17-43EA-9CA3-DFD41A16154D.jpeg
Good looks. Yeah sorry, it is a bit larger by a few inches. Definitely the way to go for anyone who wants the Time cover framed.

I bought the frame from Michael's for $10, just do that instead lol

Wtf, all the frames I looked at in Michael's last night were $25+. Also, I was looking for a frame for the magazine which measures 8in by 10.5in, but the frames has a display measuring of 8in by 10in. :angry:

Wtf, all the frames I looked at in Michael's last night were $25+. Also, I was looking for a frame for the magazine which measures 8in by 10.5in, but the frames has a display measuring of 8in by 10in. :angry:

I think this is the one I got. Order online and pick up in store

I think this is the one I got. Order online and pick up in store

I think the poster runs larger than the magazine though. This frame has a display measurement of 11 x 14. Magazine is 8 x 10.5

Back
Top Bottom