Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

If you had the opportunity to sit down with one of the developers of the 4% (and presumably 5%) what would you ask them?

(and yes, it looks like I'll have this opportunity next weekend as I'm currently testing a prototype)

Why were the original 4% in such limited quantities.

If you had the opportunity to sit down with one of the developers of the 4% (and presumably 5%) what would you ask them?

(and yes, it looks like I'll have this opportunity next weekend as I'm currently testing a prototype)

how come they don't want to add a layer of rubber on the back half of the sole for more durability? weight can't be the only reason because i do believe the flyknit upper added more ounces from the og upper and i think most would prefer the shoe last longer than saving an ounce here and there and especially now that the new versions upper looks to go back to a lighter material

and why did they change the direction of the laces on the next gen?

I am really curious if the Zoomx foam performs different in cold and warmer weather. And when its raining, does the pointed backend of the 4% change the way water/dirty splashes up the hamstrings.

Quite like this pair.

zoom-fly-sp-fast-running-shoe-XtVMSm.jpg

* How many different iterations of the original Vaporfly exist?

* Why is the Next% an upgrade from the 4%?

* Is there a limit, and do you feel that shoe tech improvement (in general) is linear or exponential?

Other than cost, is there a reason why the rubber outsole is so thin? Would like the shoe to last longer, considering how much we pay.

*EDIT: Thin*

To develop a low-profile Vaporfly for road races 10k and under

Just curious, why would you think that would make you more efficient? I see people taking about that all the time, but there is no evidence that would make you faster. If you reduce the stack height, you would reduce the "bounce" (lessen the efficiency of the shoe). I have raced 5K and done track workouts in just about every type of shoe imaginable, and nothing provides the same effect. Heck, the recent 5K "world bests" were set in VF. The magic is the amount of foam in combo with the shape of the plate. In fact, the VF Elite (5% or Next) has even more foam, so they obviously are seeing greater gains still be adding, not subtracting foam. I have even read where one track coach is having his team of milers race in them now as they have proven in a lab that they are faster in them than spikes!

IMPRESSED. I love how the cw flows with the Black tongue!

What’s the tech upgrade from the 2 to the 3, if any?
Based on first glance, different shaping in the rear with added rubber for durability & possibly wider, grippier forefoot?

Just curious, why would you think that would make you more efficient? I see people taking about that all the time, but there is no evidence that would make you faster. If you reduce the stack height, you would reduce the "bounce" (lessen the efficiency of the shoe). I have raced 5K and done track workouts in just about every type of shoe imaginable, and nothing provides the same effect. Heck, the recent 5K "world bests" were set in VF. The magic is the amount of foam in combo with the shape of the plate. In fact, the VF Elite (5% or Next) has even more foam, so they obviously are seeing greater gains still be adding, not subtracting foam. I have even read where one track coach is having his team of milers race in them now as they have proven in a lab that they are faster in them than spikes!
It’s more out of curiosity than any belief that a lower stack height would be better—Last weekend I ran a 10k (PR) in the Streak 6 and during the run I daydreamed of Starbucks, ZoomX, a carbon fiber plate, and 26mm/18mm.

i hope the new bootie upper of the ZF3s isn't too tight

and that seems counter-productive to making the shoe lighter

looks like the rubber layer on the sole looks softer

still in though :smh:

Back
Top Bottom