Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Am I the only one not digging the look of the ZF 3? I have about a dozen ZF 1 & ZF 1 SP and VF 1, and a couple of ZF 2 FK and VF 2 FK. I rotate running between them all. I know it’s about the performance not the look, but I’m bummed about the silhouette on the ZF 3. It’s like the EXP-X14 and VFE had a love child. I hope they look better in person.

Am I the only one not digging the look of the ZF 3? I have about a dozen ZF 1 & ZF 1 SP and VF 1, and a couple of ZF 2 FK and VF 2 FK. I rotate running between them all. I know it’s about the performance not the look, but I’m bummed about the silhouette on the ZF 3. It’s like the EXP-X14 and VFE had a love child. I hope they look better in person.

Colorways are also really important too. Sometimes shoes look bland/terrible to me in certain colorways but in other ones look amazing. I don’t think many people were into the ZF Flyknit launch colorway (the Orange peel one) - evidenced by the fact that there’s still basically a full size run of them on nike.com right now. I think other colorways could change your mind.

Canucks: not sure if this will be the case everywhere, but my local Nike Factory store had a ton of EXP-X14s for $70 (three different colourways).

I hadn't tried these on before, but I really liked the feel of whatever stretch material is being used on the upper. Obviously not sure about performance of the fabric, but I'm hoping the ZF3's upper feels more like this than the SP's (which isn't bad, but the X14 upper feels way softer/more forgiving to me).

looks like ZF3s upper has a liner though
b7aa3194-8d67-4afe-ac03-ada0792c88f8-jpeg.2295895

looks like ZF3s upper has a liner though
b7aa3194-8d67-4afe-ac03-ada0792c88f8-jpeg.2295895
What I dont like is the TPU upper....then next year they will give us Flyknit...and the cycle continues....

I know a few pages back there was a debate over TPU vs Flyknit or even Breathable Mesh vs Flyknit...and Im 100% in favor of Flyknit..

Just feels better...foot feels more in control during those runs...

to me that is perfectly fine just because you want to be able to improve on the previous iteration and they can't just keep improving on the midsole every year, i wish they could but i can see how tough it is to consistently do so

Yea but the problem is we already know (sorry assume again Im team Flyknit..lol) the Flyknit will perform better....so just give us the Flyknit.....dont make the only option available the lesser versions then a year later you say we were just kidding this will perform much better....

Same argument I used to have years ago with the Lebrons when Petrie was making 3 Versions...

If the final version, called the Elite was supposed to be the superior version....just give me that....dont have me waste money on the first two....

Just never made sense to me.

I ran twice in a day two days ago. The first one was in the VF1, and the second run was in the VF2. You guys were spot on with the difference in fit. I'm just realizing that the VF1s have a sloppy fit. I'm usually a supinator/undepronator. However, when I take a step in the VF1s, I've noticed my feet tend to roll in or pronate more than usual. In the VF2s, the fit is more locked in, and I supinate as usual. I'm not sure if my VF1s are "bottoming out", but my runs in the VF2s were significantly faster in overall pace. It could be because I prefer running in the night vs. day? Though I have both in the same size, the VF2s fit significantly better for me. Team VF2 all the way.

flyknit isn't always better, it is actually heavier to the first upper the VF4% had and many prefer to save as much ounce as possible, not everyone cares but some do

i don't like the ZF3 inner bootie but that could provide overall better fit than flyknit while providing more cushion to those who wants it, i personally prefer traditional lacing system over one piece uppers about 9 out 10 times, they just tend to be too tight/restrictive like in the epic reacts

on a business point of view, it makes sense, its marketing on nikes part and we all know that and we'll all buy anyways but at the end of the day, you still got a lot of the ZF2 w/ fk lying around and being discounted, stock up on those and wait for the ZF4 and hope they add flyknit

products has to change from year to year or else what's the point and why would we keep buying the products? even if they pretend like they don't know that one upper might perform better so they can extend the life of their products, it is what it is, we at least have the benefits of knowing how nike works and we skip releases

personally has tried to swear off from buying anything but Vaporflys in this line after buying maybe a dozen ZF1SP and half a dozen more ZF1 and the handful of VFs the past year, not only because I have no more space for running shoes on my bag :lol: but also because I do not feel the flyknit on the ZF2 is a huge improvement over the ZF1, i think i might even prefer the cushion on the ZF1 and I have more than a locked down fit in them too

#facts

With the exception of the annual 4% I refuse to buy any running shoes at full freight....

Right now I’m grabbing ZF1’s for the plates....streets for the ride....all at less then $40 a shoe...

Figuring by the summer ZF2’s and Peg Turbos will have flooded the outlets and by September when they launch the ZF’3 they will be giving them away...

With Nike patience is always a virtue

Back
Top Bottom