Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Combo of both most likely if it’s a half/full. I drink the 320 mix the hour before the marathon and have 5 gels during. Nothing but good things to say from my experience.

Same here. I had the 320 during my last marathon a few weeks ago along with three gels and no negatives to report. Also a good alternative if your looking for gels without caffeine.

ZF3-001-1.jpg
ZF3-001-2.jpg
ZF3-001-3.jpg
ZF3-001-4.jpg
ZF3-001-5.jpg
ZF3-001-6.jpg
Is that the ZF3 or 4%?

So if I’m wearing 4%s or Next%s for races what will best to train with? ZF3 or Peg Turbo2?

Personal preference but I’ve heard consistent use of a shoe with a carbon fiber plate can lead to plantar issues so I would use the ZF for some faster paced runs but not everyday. Another good choice for a daily tainer is the Vomero 14.

hokas version of the carbon plate

might also be the rubber ducky shorts but jami ain't foolinf us filming most of the vids from the back :lol:

I saw Maurten gel at my local running shop this week. Has anyone tried? I’ve seen a few people talk about the drink/mixes and they make it sound like a Godsend. Or is the gel what they were referring to? :nerd:

D311BA1F-5BC3-436A-A074-F3DE5D720BC7.jpeg
Amazing but expensive..

Personal preference but I’ve heard consistent use of a shoe with a carbon fiber plate can lead to plantar issues so I would use the ZF for some faster paced runs but not everyday. Another good choice for a daily tainer is the Vomero 14.
Would explain my flareup of PF over the last month or so. Where did you hear about this at?

hokas version of the carbon plate

might also be the rubber ducky shorts but jami ain't foolinf us filming most of the vids from the back :lol:

I find it interesting Hoka using "X" as part of the name. If it was Nike, Im sure these brands will file a lawsuit right away against Nike. Or maybe "X" isn't patent yet.
I guess I'll wait for more review from more runners comparing them and Nike version. Not being bias, but I find the reviews as inputs. At the end, whichever works for us.

yah i dont think you can patent a generic phrase or letter, like "zero" in drinks, i am sure coke would love to patent it but not pepsi is using it and there's nothing they can do about it

like nike tried to patent chucks too and the court ruled that its a generic design, i think the only part they won is the diamond pattern on the bottom of the shoes can't be copied

printed on the midsoles also proFLYx so for the most part as long as its not in the same order of words, anyone could use it

they could probably use flyvapor and get away with it or xzoom

You have more info in this? Since they have been fire saling the ZF1's in the outlets I've grabbed at least 4 pairs and been mostly training in the them...

I developed PF maybe two months ago and just figured it was overuse...

Interesting that it might be my shoes....

Either the Vomero or the Pegasus depending on which fits you better. I wish they still made the Zoom Elite. The Vomero is way too much shoe for me, and the Elite (particularly the ZE9) has probably been the best shoe ever for me. I find even the Peg to be too much shoe. I've been training more and more in the Zoom Fly FK and the numerous Streak 6s that I have in my closet.

You have more info in this? Since they have been fire saling the ZF1's in the outlets I've grabbed at least 4 pairs and been mostly training in the them...

I developed PF maybe two months ago and just figured it was overuse...

Interesting that it might be my shoes....

I would assume it's due to the stiffness of the midsole. It has to be working the muscles and tendons in your foot A LOT more than a typical shoe.

First run in the Next% is in the books.

I run 2 to 3 times per week in VF (VF1 and VF2), so I’m used to that VF feeling, and these feel pretty much the same, just with a bit more cushion. I don’t think there’s anything groundbreaking going on with these compared to the previous two versions. Just a better lockdown like the VF1, prob a step up from that, and a bit more midsole cushion.

The wear on the outsole is different too in that it seems that the foam that is scraping the ground is kind of rubbing away rather than what you see in the earlier versions where the paint peels away and exposes the inner foam. It’s like the paint/coloring is actually part of the foam and wears away similar to the epic react (pic below). The two strips of rubber in the heel area definitely is working better than the 4 isolated lugs in the previous versions.

I like them, will definitely be racing the HM and marathon in them. But I think if you’ve got the VF1 or VF2, you aren’t missing out that much. Those are still almost as good as these. I’ll prob keep the Next% fresh for my HM and Marathon races and still do my low key races in the VF1 or VF2, and also train in those as well.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2364323368

C42E965B-2255-4FB0-A172-033792C0E5E2.jpeg
D95F08C2-4F01-4FBF-8F60-3F5D2C3EC545.jpeg

First run in the Next% is in the books.

I run 2 to 3 times per week in VF (VF1 and VF2), so I’m used to that VF feeling, and these feel pretty much the same, just with a bit more cushion. I don’t think there’s anything groundbreaking going on with these compared to the previous two versions. Just a better lockdown like the VF1, prob a step up from that, and a bit more midsole cushion.

The wear on the outsole is different too in that it seems that the foam that is scraping the ground is kind of rubbing away rather than what you see in the earlier versions where the paint peels away and exposes the inner foam. It’s like the paint/coloring is actually part of the foam and wears away similar to the epic react (pic below). The two strips of rubber in the heel area definitely is working better than the 4 isolated lugs in the previous versions.

I like them, will definitely be racing the HM and marathon in them. But I think if you’ve got the VF1 or VF2, you aren’t missing out that much. Those are still almost as good as these. I’ll prob keep the Next% fresh for my HM and Marathon races and still do my low key races in the VF1 or VF2, and also train in those as well.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2364323368

C42E965B-2255-4FB0-A172-033792C0E5E2.jpeg
D95F08C2-4F01-4FBF-8F60-3F5D2C3EC545.jpeg
How’d the offset lacing feel?

The lockdown is good, very secure. Not sure if that’s due to the offset lacing or just the change back to the traditional upper, or maybe both. I didn’t really think about it after I tied them, so that’s prob a good thing

Maybe it’s my foot shape but I feel better lockdown in Flyknit VF as opposed to the first version. Not a big issue as I like both models and can’t wait to grab the Next%. I thought I read somewhere on these forums or IG that there may be a Next% restock before July for NRC users. Anybody else hear this?

Back
Top Bottom