Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

If you’re an NBA fan and into running, NRC is offering a free three month NBA League Pass if you run five miles this week.

5F232429-2113-4559-A0D3-95C1084EA23B.jpeg

why do they insist on putting the swoosh on the toe box, haven't they got enough branding on it already!

totally agree, the marketing/branding department certainly went to town on them, like how many swooshes can you put on a single shoe honestly!

Between the pair, there are:
18x Swoosh logos
5x "Nike ZoomX"
4x "Nike Invincible Run Flyknit 3"
2x "just do it"

sheeshh!

Last edited:
lame!

i always praised nikes customer service but this time they let me down

i bought the invincible1 and then the medial side of the separated and they refunded me right away after they got the shoe back

i loved running in the shoe so i bought it again but this time, the same issue but now its also separating on both sides after maybe 50 miles at most?

848F8FEB-EAF1-4FCC-A173-66C220A3CD7B.jpeg

553BD98D-0BB1-4D04-8714-DC0A222C8B9D.jpeg

but since it wasnt bought on ndc like the first one, i have to go through their claims department but they apparently only cover defects 2 years after the shoe was manufactured and unfortunately the tag on the shoe showed 8/22/20

i then tried to explain the release delays covid has caused and that the shoe technically didnt release until 2021 but its a no use, its their policy and there are no exceptions because even if the guy on the phone says its ok, once i send it in and the inspector sees the date, they’ll reject it automatically

so beware of deep discounted shoes that might have prior issues and just buy from ndc so if anything happenes, its no questions asked

i guess i just got to glue it myself so if any of yall know what type of glue are used (maybe illustrayt illustrayt can ask govrn? :lol: ) please let me know so i can try and salvage the shoes

lame!

i always praised nikes customer service but this time they let me down

i bought the invincible1 and then the medial side of the separated and they refunded me right away after they got the shoe back

i loved running in the shoe so i bought it again but this time, the same issue but now its also separating on both sides after maybe 50 miles at most?

848F8FEB-EAF1-4FCC-A173-66C220A3CD7B.jpeg

553BD98D-0BB1-4D04-8714-DC0A222C8B9D.jpeg

but since it wasnt bought on ndc like the first one, i have to go through their claims department but they apparently only cover defects 2 years after the shoe was manufactured and unfortunately the tag on the shoe showed 8/22/20

i then tried to explain the release delays covid has caused and that the shoe technically didnt release until 2021 but its a no use, its their policy and there are no exceptions because even if the guy on the phone says its ok, once i send it in and the inspector sees the date, they’ll reject it automatically

so beware of deep discounted shoes that might have prior issues and just buy from ndc so if anything happenes, its no questions asked

i guess i just got to glue it myself so if any of yall know what type of glue are used (maybe illustrayt illustrayt can ask govrn? :lol: ) please let me know so i can try and salvage the shoes

A local cobbler probably has experience with this sort of thing - a quick cement/glue fix. Could also recommend a cement/glue for you.

Also just pure opinion based on solely the pictures and your description, but the area that it’s coming apart on (medial metatarsal head) leads me to think that you probably have heavier pressure in that area (pronation) which may prematurely wear the glue out. If you think about it, there’s some foam glued to a synthetic fabric, and glues can dry out over time, and broken apart more quickly with a heavier shear force especially if not evenly distributed across the foot or via a plate.

In any case I’m hoping the Invincible 3’s come out soon with hopefully a better quality glue job, and no delays to shipping so we can get that fresh (but not too fresh) pliable glue!

good point on the pressure but i think its also how its constructed just because i have never had an issue with any other shoes with a lot more mileage across different brands, maybe its how the midsole is more of cupsole and the end sharply goes up?

then again, i assume any forefoot strikers would have the same issue?

or maybe i am just truly unlucky

i have a third pair on oreo colorway that i think ill just mainly use for casualwear instead

good point on the pressure but i think its also how its constructed just because i have never had an issue with any other shoes with a lot more mileage across different brands, maybe its how the midsole is more of cupsole and the end sharply goes up?

i have a third pair on oreo colorway that i think ill just mainly use for casualwear instead
My Exeters separated on the medial side from just casual wear, but I got them from NDC and I literally contacted Nike CS 6 days before the 2-year limit. They refunded immediately.

Forefoot striker here with Invincible's in daily rotation. I have same issue on all pairs, but it hasn't separated enough yet for me to submit for warranty. You're definitely not alone in this boat on that one.

But good to know about how they handle claims when bought from authorized dealers.

yeah they take a while to ship especially during sale season, i think they were also moving stores a few months ago so that affected their shipping too, not sure if they’re in the new location or set in a new warehouse or whatnot

but yeah their price cant be beat, thats actually where i got my last two invincibles :lol: including the one i poste dup top

Back
Top Bottom