Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

First run in the VF3’s and they did great! Can definitely feel them being lighter but with more forefoot cushion. I did notice some similar fraying of the foam around the heel similar to what illustrayt illustrayt had but I feel like that section of the shoe just sort of will take abuse. Really a nice upgrade over the 2. I compared my HR and pacing on a similar segment versus the AF1 and found the VF3 for me is slightly more efficient

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    715 KB · Views: 828
I agree, VF3s are good. I've done a long run and a couple steady-state runs in them. Definitely softer in the forefoot. Really seemed like the forefoot cushioning in the v1 and v2 was concentrated right under the ball of my foot. In the v3, to me it feels like there's more cushioning but it's also more evenly spread across the forefoot.

Edit: My two drawbacks though:
  1. The shape of the tongue. Just weird. It's reminiscent of the tongue in the OG VF4%, but the one pointy end just sticks way up in the air. I'm tempted to cut it off.
  2. The upper does seem loose to me. I've tried tying them tight so it almost hurts the top of my foot, but the upper in the rest of the shoe still feels loose. Wish the upper were just a bit more snug. I went true to size.

Wasn't expecting this colour way on last year's ZF 5 model, but looks like many of Nike's road running lineup is getting the EK PE treatment. :emoji_thumbsup:

Could this also imply the ZF 6 is not likely coming this summer? 😲

FvGx9GlaIAEeGq1.jpeg
FvGx_L7aYAAie5S.jpeg

FvGx06iaAAYN4Vb.jpeg
I think the ZF 5 came out in July 2022 and haven't seen anything on the ZF 6 yet, so I'm guessing it's unlikely the 6 is dropping this summer, though the 6 would normally just be an upper change.

They kept that quiet, my most wanted shoe of 2023 👀

Glad they’ve finally gone with a vibram outsole!

July release

Last edited:
Did we know. about the Vibram outsole?
I think someone in the Running Shoe Geeks reddit group posted something a couple weeks ago (I think it was a sponsored runner's insta) and it mentioned Vibram which was a surprise. But I'm glad Nike finally realized that you don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Those are my most anticipated performance shoe of 2023 as well!

They’d be better looking if the large ZOOMX text branding was minimized.

I can foresee them launching a GORE-TEX version with a $25 mark-up. 👀

Those are my most anticipated performance shoe of 2023 as well!

They’d be better looking if the large ZOOMX text branding was minimized.

I can foresee them launching a GORE-TEX version with a $25 mark-up. 👀
It's supposed to be their top tier race day shoe, so I would be surprised if they release a gore-tex one. It's already kinda heavy (10.58 oz [size 10 ] vs. 8.8 oz for Tecton X2 [size 9])...

Last edited:
Off topic, but I've noticed on NDC that when I've got certain colorways added to my favorites, I'm able to add them to my cart and purchase them despite them not being listed on the standard page for that product. Example, I'm able to add the Breaking2 and Total Orange VFNXT2 to my cart when they do not show up at all on the main VFNXT2 page. I purchased the Aurora CW yesterday that I originally missed out on.

1683589952696.png

Those CWs aren't even listed here:

1683589938797.png

I think someone in the Running Shoe Geeks reddit group posted something a couple weeks ago (I think it was a sponsored runner's insta) and it mentioned Vibram which was a surprise. But I'm glad Nike finally realized that you don't need to reinvent the wheel.
Yeah it was Sally McRae and she mentioned a July release.

I hope we get this as the Proto cw and they don’t add loads of orange to it
Agree, the Proto colour way is super clean when only in white/black - Nike definitely should release more of those, or at least release a version of them like that.

Quite disappointed in the orange on the VF 3, think I'm gonna sell and go with the EK or black edition instead.

Agree, the Proto colour way is super clean when only in white/black - Nike definitely should release more of those, or at least release a version of them like that.

Quite disappointed in the orange on the VF 3, think I'm gonna sell and go with the EK or black edition instead.
I feel that, I literally just sold my vf3 cos I hated the orange on the sides, will be picking up the ek cw too

I love the Ultrafly but they’ve also added loads more orange onto it compared to model shown last year

Back
Top Bottom