NIKE'S FALL '09 FOOTBALL CLEATS UP ON EASTBAY

Interesting thought that one of the main reasons the University of Oregon was able to recruit the top Junior College Running Back in the nation was because ofthe uniforms. He liked the idea that they never wear the same uniform twice. He said it felt refreshing.

6312500f88f80fb86c154484aaf2a4fe1670771.pjpg

c0015cf5fcfd635cc248c273ed5c03e666383ce.pjpg

d54154fef3f96e5b200f1b441512a6f852147f0.pjpg

Originally Posted by MPowers16

At the risk of this turning into an "Oregon Appreciation Post", my case in point:
#54 is wearing Lebron 4's in an exclusive Oregon PE colorway:
You should've seen Tajuan Porter's(# 12) custom Huarache 64's on the last game of the tournament.

But these:

d8215cf9f8fa6f58cb6924479f234cb9590d79b.pjpg

GAME OVER.

I apologize to the original poster of this thread for ranting and raving about the Ducks. Enough of that.

I caught wind of the article on LeGarrett Blount last week, when my friends at Uni-Watch were up in arms
stating that this was a sign of the coming apocalypse: That a prized recruit would choose an institute
of higher education based upon the football uniforms!

Here's the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3371812

Here is Mr. Blount:
ncf_blount2_400.jpg

No need to apologize, M.O.O., I'm not only the thread creator, I am just as guilty as being a "disciple of Oregon".

This past year at Autzen, the local AT&T affiliate was handing out promotional magnets wherein you could mix and match all of the different uni-combos!I'll try to find a pic!

He is a BEAST! He's been bulldozing over people in practice and the Spring Game. Coach Belotti has been very suprised by his skills.

Wow, look at the Super Bad 1's that the be-hatted player between the two lineman is wearing!

Great Pics, M.O.O.!

By the way, I'm sure that you're aware of it, but you share your Screenname with the title of one of the best books on Nike that I've come across!
1012118.jpg

As for SCuse7's question, I seem to remember 5/1 as being the initial offer date! Don't quote me on that though!

Also, what I find interesting in this pic: The only other player that I have seen wearing this facemask, on a Non-Schutt DNA helmet is Amani Toomer:

d8a35834fe56f0d6fa8e6a3555855a7ddedc1c7.x-png
t1_toomer_si.jpg

Another interesting point concerning these two helmets: Both the Giants and Oregon use raised rubber stylized versions of their logos above the central portion of the facemask, called the nosebumper:

Check out these closeup pics:

eli-manning-cool-640x350.jpg

dennis-dixon-killed-michigan.jpg

Plus, some bonuses:

Toomer in Non-Uni Matching 2K4's .........Pierce and Mitchell: Assassins and Apocalypse 2?
toomer.gif
img.94958_t.jpg

Southeast Jerome's Assassins

clinton-is-the-motherflippin.jpg
IMG_1288.jpg
dsc_0025portis765.jpg

Some things I'd like to mention MPowers16:

The Oregon Ducks helmet is a color-shifting metallic paint. It has seven layers of specialized, custom pigment which is what makes it shine and glisten likeno other. Our Nike Team Design Dept. wanted a color developed that look like the color spectrum reflected in the head of a mallard duck. The paint is very,very expensive.

The jersey itself is 75% lighter than normal college uniforms. Oregon is the only school in the Pac-10 to make its pants out of a special new fabric whichdoes not retain water. I believe it's Storm-Fit. Spandex pants, by contrast, can gain nearly 5 lbs. in water weight.

Hate to break up this little U of Oregon love affair... but here's a bigger version of the Matt Ryan pic that doci posted last night:

I wasn't aware of the black Swoosh stitching on the medial side of the Super Bad (TD version, by the way).

Also, what I find interesting in this pic: The only other player that I have seen wearing this facemask, on a Non-Schutt DNA helmet is Amani Toomer:

t1_toomer_si.jpg

Im pretty sure i've seen dude's from WVU and PSU wear those helmets as well....I could be wrong though

Originally Posted by dreClark

t1_toomer_si.jpg
Im pretty sure i've seen dude's from WVU and PSU wear those helmets as well....I could be wrong though

DreClark, you are 1000% correct, however, when the Mountaineers and Nittany Lions are wearing them, the facemasks are placed on Schutt DNA helmets! Toomerand Leaf? are wearing Schutt Air Advantage helmets: Apples and Oranges.
schutt_dna.gif

Penn State was one of the first schools to adopt the use of Schutt's DNA helmet.
West Virginia got on board last season.
Other schools of note that have been using them are: Illinois, Michigan State, Florida, and my alma mater, Wagner College, to name a few.

You have probably seen them on Odessa Permian on the series "Friday Night Lights" as well.
friday-night-lights.jpg

Dwill-Photo.jpg
Pat%2BWhite.jpg

482005.jpg

Below is a comparison pic between the Schutt Air Advantage and newer Air XP both belonging to Antonio Pierce. The hand belongs to Joe Skiba, the GiantsEquipment manager. Each week on the Giants website, he posts a video of behind the scenes Equipment items. A must see for us Uni and shoe freaks!
Noticed the raised logo on the nose bumper as well as the TINY Nike logo on the visor clips! Sneaky, Sneaky!
1664556376_db787f9e2f_b.jpg

SChutt has gone a step farther andintroduced the ION. A handful of the Giants wore them in preseason as well as in the Super Bowl. Here is a pic:
orig_tpu_temperature1XL.jpg

t1-jacobs.jpg

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Hate to break up this little U of Oregon love affair... but here's a bigger version of the Matt Ryan pic that doci posted last night:

I wasn't aware of the black Swoosh stitching on the medial side of the Super Bad (TD version, by the way).
Mark, First off thank you for being the voice of reason! Two, those Super Bads almost seem more like a baseball MCS plate than a TD! Especially withthat bumper, similar to a supplemental pitcher's toecap, on the front!

I'm going to be copping these...

Put some white laces on them...
pimp.gif

Also, does anyone know where I can find...
Huarache 2k4 Cleats in Black and White
and also any other older cleat models? Such as the old vapors? (An Oregon player is wearing them in a picture posted earlier in this thread)

At the risk of this turning into an "Oregon Appreciation Post", my case in point:
#54 is wearing Lebron 4's in an exclusive Oregon PE colorway:
4a135a79f6f6f074f64d64855fce63cecd60e07.pjpg

SVSM's I believe, not UofO PEs.

nice none the less, i love my pair...

What is more disturbing...Chris Cooley wearing the Vector or Daisy Dukes? Both seem to be disturbing trends!
IMG_0566.jpg

Some past beauty:
devin-hester-sb-touchdown-2-5-07.jpg

IM FIENDIN for those Super Bad II's
pimp.gif

but til then, Im breakin out my 3rd and final pair of 3/4 speeds

de415aeb49ab09cfbc381762cb2a46209680f3f.JPG

37f2512ea14afae70fdcff83c50507d6f1f55a7.jpg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

IM FIENDIN for those Super Bad II's
pimp.gif

but til then, Im breakin out my 3rd and final pair of 3/4 speeds

de415aeb49ab09cfbc381762cb2a46209680f3f.JPG

37f2512ea14afae70fdcff83c50507d6f1f55a7.jpg
Very Nice!!! I loved the PE versions of those that people like Sheriff Gonna Getcha wore with the Broncos and Skins!

Great use of Patent on the toecap and collar!

I have always liked the TD plate of cleats much better than detachable but the detachable make so much more sense!

Yea, they def have been my fav cleat for the past few yrs.
Now if we can only get Nike to retro the OG Air Mission cleats and the Air Streaks.

am I the only one that can never find Speed TDs anywhere?
Thats why when I do find em, I get like 2 or 3 pair.

I go thru cleats so fast mann, to sorta compare things, I run thru cleats the way most NTers run thru they Bball kicks.

me and the crew (most of em played college ball wit me) be relivin our glory days on the field.

whether its sandlot, runnin routes roastin each other or playin in flag league we stay on that grass

Great thread btw

the superbad 2s look dope, they remind me of the jordan 12.5s (side panels) and the bo jackson trainer 91 (ankle collar), and the fact J. Dye is wearing emmakes em even better
pimp.gif

Now if we can only get Nike to retro the OG Air Mission cleats and the Air Streaks.

am I the only one that can never find Speed TDs anywhere?
Thats why when I do find em, I get like 2 or 3 pair.

I go thru cleats so fast mann, to sorta compare things, I run thru cleats the way most NTers run thru they Bball kicks.

me and the crew (most of em played college ball wit me) be relivin our glory days on the field.

whether its sandlot, runnin routes roastin each other or playin in flag league we stay on that grass

Great thread btw

The high school where my children will eventually go to school recently put in a multi-million dollar field turf
field. OH MY GOD is that stuff great to run on. At night, I often go there and run sprints to stay in great running shape.

And when a few of my friends and I go to run routes, I can honestly say, running on that makes you feel like Randy Moss!

As for the link to Joe Skiba's Equipment videos: It's called "Equipped with Joe Skiba"

www.giants.com/player/

And the Jordan III cleats are slated for Fall release, which means we"ll probably start seeing them on sites like:

Eastbay.com
and
Sportsdepot.com

Pro Streak D: My Favorite Cleats ever, I was wearing those in the previous pic...I couldn"t remember the name!

Mission: They were retroed in 2002 as a turf shoe!

Veer: Great shoes, better commercials starring Dennis Hopper, "Bruce Smith....He's a Bad Man!"

Zoom Jet: They were my turf shoes my senior year of college: I still own them and they're in Halfway decent shape. The zoom in them is ridiculously soft!

Zoom Turf: I literally have them in white/green, white/orange, white/black, and black/white!

If you forget what all of theses look like, check this page:

http://www.deadstocked.com/crosstraining.htm

Check out the second row from the top on the far left of the pic: There's also a few Zoom Torque turf on the bottom right of that same shelf. Mypersonal favorite is the Pink Barbie Beetle though!

This is why I wish I was still in college. I never played ball seriously, But we always used to go out there for the hell of it...Like 2/3 times a week,just doing the same !%@@. Flag football, running routes, playing 1 vs. 2 (One WR vs. a CB and a Safety...That was my !%@@), the normal pickup game, or justeven throwing the rock around
frown.gif

Now, the only time I get to play is during flag football season
smh.gif

MPowers16.. I had already been looking for some Zoom Turf's and after seeing those its making me look even harder! Props to you on all of your turfs.

Back
Top Bottom