Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

Its crazy how much the media and the public is blaming lebron for this as opposed to Nike. Im not totally aware of the logistics of his contract but Im assuming that he has no say in the prices unless he has a clause in his contract like KD did. Can someone confirm?

This guy lebron can never catch a break though

Its crazy how much the media and the public is blaming lebron for this as opposed to Nike. Im not totally aware of the logistics of his contract but Im assuming that he has no say in the prices unless he has a clause in his contract like KD did. Can someone confirm?

Bingo.

Celebrities endorse, they don't create. 

However, it sucks for them when bad business decisions like this are made. I guess you're guilty by association. 

I'm an older from the days when $50 was high for a pair of sneakers. I road the sneaker wave to $180 and now I'm done. I have no problem paying that kind of money for high end dress shoes and boots since they can be repaired, resoled and used for years.

I never thought I'd see the day when a pair of sneakers cracked the $200 mark, but the $300 mark...mai ghod.

There was never a clause in Kevin Durant's contract that ensured an affordable sneaker. Nike didn't have to adhere to his wishes. The only reason the first few sneakers of his line were "cheap" was because they used "inferior" forms of technology and he was relatively hard to market upon his arrival to the NBA unlike LeBron James. LeBron can't catch a break and media is responsible for this by painting him as the villain and the cause for this. He has no input on the price of a shoe.
When Nike raised the price on the Lebron Elite's last year to $250, people said they wouldn't sell out, and they did.
No they didn't. They are rotting on shelves. The South Beach Elite didn't sell in some locations hence the restock on Nikestore because they were RTVd.

Last edited:
If LeBron really wants to revamp his image, he needs to take this route, 1996......

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...-WEBBER-CALLS-TIME-OUT-ON-NIKE-SHOE-DEAL.aspx
[h1]CHRIS WEBBER CALLS TIME OUT ON NIKE SHOE DEAL[/h1]
Code:
 The Bullets Chris Webber has "severed ties" with Nikebecause he says the company "refuses" to lower the price of itsbasketball shoe named after him, according to Frank Hughes of theWASHINGTON TIMES.  Webber's three-year deal with Nike recentlyran out, and his agent, Fallasha Erwin, said that they would notnegotiate a new deal because Nike "insisted" they continue tocharge $140 for the CWebb shoe, more than any other sneaker onthe market.

Well I've spent more on few shoes but I won't support this at all. Honestly, not thinking from my perceptive I think about the young kids that idolize Bron and want his shoes. They can't keep up with these price hikes.....

I don't understand how your have Taxi's, Away Elites and other 9s sitting on shelves yet insist on testing the market. I know there will be a cheaper version but this is still no excuse for 300 retail on a Nike shoe made of plastic.

Who is the athlete attached to the soccer shoe? If it's nobody, there's your answer. Besides, we're in the US. Nobody gives a (relative) damn about soccer over here.
Assuming these are a GR (they are, correct?), they won't sell out.
When Nike raised the price on the Lebron Elite's last year to $250, people said they wouldn't sell out, and they did.

What Nike tends to do is put the best colorways on the Elite version. Last year, the Miami Vice's sold out in less than ten seconds.

So yeah, they're going to sell. People are already prepared to spend the $315 on this Olympic colorway.

i dont think anyone's blaming lebron in this situation. you can hardly even blame nike. i blame all the fat mouth breathers who camp out for every release and have probably never stepped foot on a bball court

If LeBron really wants to revamp his image, he needs to take this route, 1996......

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...-WEBBER-CALLS-TIME-OUT-ON-NIKE-SHOE-DEAL.aspx
[h1]CHRIS WEBBER CALLS TIME OUT ON NIKE SHOE DEAL[/h1]
Code:
 The Bullets Chris Webber has "severed ties" with Nikebecause he says the company "refuses" to lower the price of itsbasketball shoe named after him, according to Frank Hughes of theWASHINGTON TIMES.  Webber's three-year deal with Nike recentlyran out, and his agent, Fallasha Erwin, said that they would notnegotiate a new deal because Nike "insisted" they continue tocharge $140 for the CWebb shoe, more than any other sneaker onthe market.
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ says this was the equivalent of about $200 in today's money.

people are blaming lebron for this??

how stupid can they be?

What Nike tends to do is put the best colorways on the Elite version. Last year, the Miami Vice's sold out in less than ten seconds.

So yeah, they're going to sell. People are already prepared to spend the $315 on this Olympic colorway.
Only the south beach sold out, the rest are still sitting.

This isn't directed at you, but can anyone tell me what it is that I cannot do in a pair of one hundred dollar kicks, that I can in a pair of three hundred dollar sneakers?

Dont some people on this board pay around $300 for og 11's and early release pairs of 11's? I wouldnt pay that much i actually like the colerway but wouldnt drop any money for em if u dont like em dont buy em that simplehy W

I like Nike but I aint spending 300 on their sneakers. I can get handmade designer sneakers for that price.

A friend of mine has alot of the exclusive Lebrons. When ever he coes to the city he rocks them and hell have alot of high school boys breaking there necks and asking him bout them.

I wear a pair of Balenciagas and I break the necks of women and they come up and inquire about them.

300 for shoes to look good for other dudes. SMH

Now if you are playing ball in these I understand. I believe you need good equipment while playing sports.

I like Nike but I aint spending 300 on their sneakers. I can get handmade designer sneakers for that price.
A friend of mine has alot of the exclusive Lebrons. When ever he coes to the city he rocks them and hell have alot of high school boys breaking there necks and asking him bout them.
I wear a pair of Balenciagas and I break the necks of women and they come up and inquire about them.
300 for shoes to look good for other dudes. SMH
Now if you are playing ball in these I understand. I believe you need good equipment while playing sports.
true story...

yambs not gonna say sheeeeeiiit about you rocking the new 'Brons....

Only the south beach sold out, the rest are still sitting.

This isn't directed at you, but can anyone tell me what it is that I cannot do in a pair of one hundred dollar kicks, that I can in a pair of three hundred dollar sneakers?
Honestly, nothing. Except the + versions, you can sync with your computer, track your stats (basketball vert, how fast you are), etc. 

That's the difference between these + versions and the regular Lebron's.

:lol: at $300 shoes & $100 shorts. At the end of the day, to each his own; though I would love to see these sit just to spite Nike.

Not Happening....................

Lebron, just got his first chip and everybody losing their minds..............

This is getting outrageous. I don't care what technology it has, $300 for tennis shoes just ain't right..

Scared to see what the future holds (not next year, but in a decade or so)..

http://www.click2houston.com/news/H...ikes/-/1735978/16221186/-/x9sie2/-/index.html

Theft suspects dig hole in mall roof to steal Nikes

Published On: Aug 22 2012 06:54:04 AM CDT Updated On: Aug 22 2012 12:32:37 PM CDT

HOUSTON - Two people were in custody Wednesday after police said they were caught trying to steal high-priced sneakers from a north Houston store by cutting a hole in a mall roof.

Police said three suspects broke into the Foot Action USA at Greenspoint Mall through a hole they dug in the roof at 5 a.m.

Investigators said they were after brand new Nike LeBron James shoes, which retail for $375 each. Officials said they found 18 stacks of boxes on the roof.

A security guard spotted the thieves and alerted police to the break-in. The Houston Police Department has a storefront on the other side of the mall so officers were on the scene within minutes.

"It appears they may have been casing the place," Sgt. Arthur Murray Semein said. "They may have been up there before to have a point of reference to know exactly that particular spot was where the storage room was located."

Two of the three suspects were chased and apprehended a short time later. Police said one of them is a juvenile. Their names were not released.

"It's very difficult what they did," Semien said. "We didn't find the equipment that they used."

Police said the theft may have been an inside job since the shoes don't go on sale until Saturday, so they are questioning employees.

Back
Top Bottom