Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

Shaq was always a clown in my eyes, but I respect players like him, marbury and KD for looking out for the less-fortunate kids out there. Bron does have the more affordable soldier line tho, so that somewhat serves as consolation.

Nike knows the deal...

Got the internet going nuts...

I can respect the subtle yet strong impact...

Nike marketing team = #bawse

I take what I said back. Anyone rocking these will get yambs.

x1000cz.jpg
1000xjl.jpg
1000xu.jpg

Ridiculous to be honest.

Where's Starbury when you need him
Out of business,
kids like being mistreated, that's why there's a SUPREME thread

I don't blame Nike, the price tag will give attention to their basketball Nike+ line (which is insanely stupid, but they already started it, might as well make it profitable)

Last edited:
This officially made me boycott purchasing any Nike sneakers for the short-term. I'm sick and tired of them pricing their products at ultra-premium price points (for 300 you can buy a nice dress shoe from a top designer brand), yet making their products with inferior quality. It's kind of reached a boiling point with me- with all the hype being built up for releases, and raising prices year after year without raising quality (actually decreasing it in many cases), I'm done buying anything until this comes to an end. They're not going to be able to get away with it forever.

Honestly any athletic sneaker made by Nike, Adidas, UA, etc. should NEVER cost over 150-160 dollars. Paying 180 is a lot for a basketball shoe. I don't care who's endorsing it; it should never be above 150-160, given the costs it takes to make the sneakers.

Out of business,
I don't blame Nike, the price tag will give attention to their basketball Nike+ line (which is insanely stupid, but they already started it, might as well make it profitable)
church.

kids need to know they're better than other kids based on kicks...

kinda srs... :lol:

This officially made me boycott purchasing any Nike sneakers for the short-term. I'm sick and tired of them pricing their products at ultra-premium price points (for 300 you can buy a nice dress shoe from a top designer brand), yet making their products with inferior quality. It's kind of reached a boiling point with me- with all the hype being built up for releases, and raising prices year after year without raising quality (actually decreasing it in many cases), I'm done buying anything until this comes to an end. They're not going to be able to get away with it forever.
Honestly any athletic sneaker made by Nike, Adidas, UA, etc. should NEVER cost over 150-160 dollars. Paying 180 is a lot for a basketball shoe. I don't care who's endorsing it; it should never be above 150-160, given the costs it takes to make the sneakers.

I agree ... it's sad to say that Nike is cutting production costs by using inferior materials, while increasing prices every year. Back in 2005, the Lebron IIs were only $125 and those were alot more durable than the Lebron 7s and 8s which have plastic uppers. Also the foamposite material LEbron IVs were only $150.

Out of business,
church.

kids need to know they're better than other kids based on kicks...

kinda srs... :lol:

Whatever it takes to fit in.

These shoes better give me head on demand.. Guess is back to Timberlands for me.

Last edited:
Wow. And the sad part is people will line up in droves to get them
and by people, i mean those ignorant mofos who have no priorities in their lives

Nike knows what they're doing. Create the buzz before the shoe drops so dummies will come in flocks. $300 for a ugly *** shoe. You can't be serious. Where is the line drawn?

Today not only is it shoes, but socks too? Gimme a break.

its crazy that nike will put such a crazy price tag on the lebron and kobe branded shoes yet also sell their hyperfuse and hyperdunk low models for cheaper and they actually go to clearance and the look almost identical

I like the Nike+ idea, although I am not going to pay $315 or even $250 for the Hyperdunks. Only solution is for people to stop buying them, or at least at these prices, and we all know that isn't going to happen. I just wonder about the durability of the shoe itself, compared to the Sports pack technology. When I hooped recreationally on a regular basis, I was going through pairs in 2 or 3 months.

Good thing I am not 16 anymore because I'd probably be one of those damn fools trying to buy a pair.

I like the Nike+ idea, although I am not going to pay $315 or even $250 for the Hyperdunks. Only solution is for people to stop buying them, or at least at these prices, and we all know that isn't going to happen. I just wonder about the durability of the shoe itself, compared to the Sports pack technology. When I hooped recreationally on a regular basis, I was going through pairs in 2 or 3 months.

Alot of today's basketball sneakers are 'collectibles' so you won't find too many cats hooping in their $290 Olympic X+. Nike is well aware of the resell market on their limited/hyped product and believe that they're cashing in on it.

Back
Top Bottom