niketalk, Do you waste your money?

I spend as much as I need to. Save most of my money.
You just gotta decide if you need the thing you plan to spend your money on.

Every time I get more than $50 it's going towards either A) clothes B) shoes

smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You do know the majority of people have something called OFFSPRING.

People work for themselves when they are younger and for their family as they get older. You make money NOT for yourself but for your family. So you can't take it to the grave but you CAN make sure your kids didn't have to work as hard as you did.

I am not talking about spend some/save some. I am talking about people being reckless and then justifying it with, "I can't take it to the grave with me."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is the dumbest @%$# I heard in a minute

naw man youre trippin, DC hit it on the head
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm good until I run into that pair of shoes just sitting there ready to be copped. I have no power. Something comes over me, then my money is gone

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

IF YOU ARE ON NIKETALK, DEFINITELY YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY
laugh.gif
qft.
smh.gif

Eating fast food or at restaurants in general kills the wallet big time too...
It's definitely easier on the wallet to cook at home.

It also doesn't help to work at Foot Locker....
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eaalto

Hell no. I get called cheap for it,but oh well. People that spend their $ foolishly need a way to make them feel better about their actions so they call us frugal folks cheap. As if it really hurts my feelings.

But nah man, I am a super penny pincher. Won't buy unless it is on sale type dude. Most people are wasteful though.

You will hear folks also use the logic, "You better spend it. You can't take it to the grave with you." - Dumbest rationale I have ever heard.

How is that the dumbest rationale you've ever heard? What's the sense in saving up your entire life, and then dying before you get to use it? It's best to find a happy medium. Do not go through life being a penny pincher, but at the same time do not be careless with your finances. Spend some and save some.

People work for themselves when they are younger and for their family as they get older. You make money NOT for yourself but for your family. So you can't take it to the grave but you CAN make sure your kids didn't have to work as hard as you did.

I am not talking about spend some/save some. I am talking about people being reckless and then justifying it with, "I can't take it to the grave with me."

this is pretty dumb, no one makes money soley for their family and not to spend

Originally Posted by yungmatt

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is the dumbest @%$# I heard in a minute

NAH I would have to agree with DC on this one some people just over do it and I for sure do not want my kids to endure what I went threw

I just buy the things I want and need. I wouldn't call spending money wasting it, it's ment to be spent.

yup its a new year, and its time to get back on that hustle.. flippin lotta kicks, chillin on that herb, and starting to save to invest.. possibly in a car
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hell no. I get called cheap for it,but oh well. People that spend their $ foolishly need a way to make them feel better about their actions so they call us frugal folks cheap. As if it really hurts my feelings.

But nah man, I am a super penny pincher. Won't buy unless it is on sale type dude. Most people are wasteful though.

You will hear folks also use the logic, "You better spend it. You can't take it to the grave with you." - Dumbest rationale I have ever heard.

How is that the dumbest rationale you've ever heard? What's the sense in saving up your entire life, and then dying before you get to use it? It's best to find a happy medium. Do not go through life being a penny pincher, but at the same time do not be careless with your finances. Spend some and save some.

I'll make sure my family is well off, but you better believe my kids are gonna work as hard as me. Why shouldn't they??

I use to waste money a lot. Over the last couple of years I've gotten better with managing my money. I still spend unnecessarily here and there, butit's mostly on small things.

DC hit the nail on the head and most who don't agree don't have children yet so it's easy for them to call the logic dumb or whateva. I use tospend alot until I recently got my own crib and now my money goes to my place and always has went towards taking care of my children especially with a newaddition on the way. It comes a point and time where you have to realize your NEEDS vs WANTS.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Yes I do although I will admit not as much as a couple years ago
same

I realized i spend a lot of my money on my friends (spotting them a few dollars here and there) I stopped doing that and I've saved it (hopefully for gradschool). I say to OP as a high schooler ask for book money bc college cost an arm and a leg. I think the best thing to do is make a list of things you boughteveryday for a month; see what you bought at the end of the month. That will cut down your wasting of money thats what ive been doing for the past 3 months andive saved about 300 which isnt much but its a start.

Again I say, if a man is married with kids, he is working for his family.

That is not to say he will not spend any $ on himself, but his #1 priority is most likely going to be making sure his kids get the best eats, education,clothes, and benefits. Parents don't want their kids to have to work as hard as they did, why? Because most of them know they had struggles to endure andone of the ways we believe love is shown is to make life easier for others. Whether it is through monetary means, educational means, or behind the scenescareer advancement tools.

Wills, hand-me-downs, trust funds, life insurance are all in place for offspring. Money a PARENT has set aside for his child.

What was so dumb about that again? Oh I know why, because you usually don't agree with what I say so anything I say must be dumb? I am sure that is thecase.

Originally Posted by D723

I'll make sure my family is well off, but you better believe my kids are gonna work as hard as me. Why shouldn't they??

Exactly. My parents actually had a conversation with me about this. They went over their net worth, and pretty much told me that I should definitely not expectto bank on any kind of inheritance. They've always instilled a strong work ethic. They put my brother and I through college, which I appreciate, but theydefinitely didn't leave me anything so that I didn't have to work as hard they did. They want me to work as hard as they did, because it'sgratifying.

What was so dumb about that again? Oh I know why, because you usually don't agree with what I say so anything I say must be dumb? I am sure that is the case.

I personally agree with a lot of things you say..

That is not to say he will not spend any $ on himself, but his #1 priority is most likely going to be making sure his kids get the best eats, education, clothes, and benefits. Parents don't want their kids to have to work as hard as they did, why? Because most of them know they had struggles to endure and one of the ways we believe love is shown is to make life easier for others. Whether it is through monetary means, educational means, or behind the scenes career advancement tools.

Wills, hand-me-downs, trust funds, life insurance are all in place for offspring. Money a PARENT has set aside for his child.

And now that you completely switched up what you were saying before, I kinda understand where your coming from..

I don't know if I'd say waste, but I do spend a lot of money on luxuries.

I also don't over spend money to the point that its a serious problem.

i got soo much temptation around me to spend....plus i dont make enough to truly save anything.

Back
Top Bottom