NikeTalk Essentials: Mariah Carey (completed pg. 6)

-Breakdown (Layzie Bone Version)
-Thank God I Found You
-Fantasy (ODB Remix)
-I Sill Believe (Krayzie Bone Remix)
-Dreamlover
-Hero
-Vision of Love
-Without You
-One Sweet Day
-Mine Again
-We Belong Together
-Don't Forget About Us
-Never Forget You

Ok...I'll throw a curve ball in here and add a Bonus Track:

Mariah Carey ft .Babyface - Melt Away

My top 3 Mariah tracks are all of of Butterfly:
The Roof
Breakdown
My All
------------------

"But uhh, a thug changes, and love changes
and best friends become strangers, word up"
-Nasir Jones

As long as Breakdown is on there. preferably the extended version with more Bone verses, but the OG is ok too i suppose.

and Sweetheart - with Jermaine Dupri.
49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Member 80:The Dynasty will soon return!!!​

my only real suggestion for a song that HAS to be on here is breakdown with bone thugs...

ill compile a list soon...itll be tough, her catalog is huge...
[/center]

Quote:
Fantasy ft. ODB

her best song ever.

This song changed music by it being one of the first mainstream songs that included the popness of Mariah with the grit of ODB. They complete contrast each other in everyway and it works. People that never listened to rap before began to look at hiphop differently, expecially since the preception of violence never left rap music.

I was in like 5th grade or something, i don't exactly remember the year. there was a period of where this would get played everywhere.

oh yeah, Mariah's hot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zsi427e2LQs
TEAM KING KOOPA

Quote:
This song changed music by it being one of the first mainstream songs that included the popness of Mariah with the grit of ODB.

You're OD'ing now. It was huge single and got a lot of airplay. It didn't "change" music though.

Quote:
I was actually going to do Whitney before Mariah. But the fact that the majority of Whitey's classics were put out before a lot of these kids were born made me think otherwise.

I mean, the Wu-Tang Essentials thread essentially went wood because not many people were familiar with their catalog. If Wu-Tag precedes some of these kids, think what classic Whitney is. It'd be a thread with you and me. That's it.

AHHH man...BOOOOO!!! I would've BEEN ALL UP in that Whitney thread. All good though, Mariah is dope too. I'll come back with my list a little later.

"Being the nothing to someone who is your everything is a lot like being a trainer for a boxer. She's constantly fighting the world, thinkin' she's unloved and alone, not knowing the one with the greatest love and support has always been in her corner. You tell her to watch for the right hook, and she still gets pummeled by it. Sooner or later, you just wanna throw in the towel."--MANCHILDyoko

I'm taking from shoelova's list with a few changes:

Vision of Love
I'll Be There with Trey Lorenz
Emotions
Hero
We Belong Together
One Sweet Day ft. Boyz II Men
My All
Breakdown (remix where Bone Thugs get more parts)
When You Believe ft. Whitney Houston
Fly Like a Bird
Always Be My Baby original
Dreamlover
Heartbreaker ft. Jay-z
Honey (Bad Boy Remix) feat. Mase & The LOX
Fantasy remix ft. ODB

-not sure where I stand with the joint with Joe and Nas...
**I** LOVE it...
but if I try to be non-biased/objective,
then I'm not sure if it's a real ESSENTIAL out of her whole catalogue...

-might wanna replace "Emotions" with "I Still Believe"...

-EDIT: I forgot about "Sweet Heart" with J.D.
I don't think my list is finalized afterall..

Quote:
If you have an issue with the Essentials choice, stay out of thread.

NTers need to stop using that as an excuse. If you have a problem with something, you usually bring it up and deliberate, not just ignore it.

And stop remarking with that subtle air of superiority just cuz you're older. The people on this board aren't oblivious to the musc you're talking about because they're younger - it's because they're ignorant and have different musical ideals and criteria than you do.

With that said, Mariah does indeed deserve one.

[/b][/center]

Very surprising choice for essentials.

1. "Without You"
2. "Can't Let Go"
3. "Love Takes Time"
4. "Vision of Love"
5. "I Don't Wanna Cry"
6. "I Still Believe"
7. "When You Believe"
8. "One Sweet Day"
9. "Don't Forget About Us"
10. "My All"
11. "Take A Look At Me Now"
12. "Never Too Far Away"
13. "Hero"
14. "The Roof"
15. "Fantasy"

One of my favorite artists period, yall need to stop hatin. Janet Jackson should be next

1.Can't Let Go
2.Love Takes Time
3.Breakdown
4.Melt Away
5.I Still Believe Remix
6.I'll Be There
7.Hero
8.Always Be My Baby
9.Always Be My Baby Remix
10.One Sweet Day
11.Vision of Love
12.We Belong Together
13.I Wish You Knew
14.Without You
15.I Don't Wanna Cry

"Being the nothing to someone who is your everything is a lot like being a trainer for a boxer. She's constantly fighting the world, thinkin' she's unloved and alone, not knowing the one with the greatest love and support has always been in her corner. You tell her to watch for the right hook, and she still gets pummeled by it. Sooner or later, you just wanna throw in the towel."--MANCHILDyoko

Quote:
I was actually going to do Whitney before Mariah. But the fact that the majority of Whitey's classics were put out before a lot of these kids were born made me think otherwise.

Believe it or not, our music knowledge goes back past Nas and Jay-Z.
Yo, kiss my ---, bloodclot.​

Crying.jpg

someone suggested "Don't Forget About Us"

...please forget about that.

it was just an aight song,
and even tho the remix with Styles and Fab was HOT [Clue & Duro should produce on every Mariah album IMO. They always hook her up like what],

neither versions (oh and the one with Bone and Juelz) should be considered an essential out of only 15 songs

^ have to disagree, "dont forget about us" is one of the better songs she put out in a long time. better than "we belong together" definitely. A soon to be mariah classic its just too fresh right now, give it time.

Quote:
^ have to disagree, "dont forget about us" is one of the better songs she put out in a long time. better than "we belong together" definitely. A soon to be mariah classic its just too fresh right now, give it time.

I find myself giving up on this forum more and more each day |I
tired.gif

Ya'll might hate on this...but one of her BIGGEST hits...

All I want for christmas is you...

^That song JUST barely missed my list. I put it on there, and then I deleted it for something else.

But yea, it's much appreciated, and one of her many classics

Back
Top Bottom