• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That "overheating concern" that most Switches have when in the dock too long when playing. That is usually the primary cause of "the warp" to Switch units, as I recall. You can look it up on the Nintendo reddits and on YouTube, it has been reported a lot since launch.

It happens to a handful of units at a time, and it appears souljaman22 souljaman22 is one of the unlucky ones with one of "those specific units."

So is the warped issue just an aesthetic annoyance or does it cause technical problems?

My switch dock is warped I posted about it before but y’all looked at me crazy lol, called Nintendo but I never sent it in... I was playing mk8 left it on but turned off my tv expecting the switch to turn its self off after a while but it didn’t...if your switch has scratches on the bezel or the back vertically it’s probably because of the dock

66BC4EF5-2E4E-495C-9B81-F22CF28CBF17.jpeg
953BED29-0518-4A84-A8F3-4FDB6B26ABE8.jpeg
A25A447A-39BE-4E8D-8AB5-950E0A0BC5B1.jpeg
I need pics of what this looks like

With the dock, check your switch the bezel or the back for vertical scratches or run a penny between your dock if it gets stuck then your dock is bent...obviously I didn’t make these scratches got no kids and I’m pretty good with my stuff

TBH, I never leave the Switch in the dock long enough to do that when I do play a game. Hence why I have never had that "warping" or "overheating" problem with the Switch.

Even with BOTW, I remember I would play 4-5 hours straight at a time.....but I never play it 4-5 hours straight on my TV. In-between those 4-5 hours, I actually pull the bastard out of the dock and go handheld/tabletop mode.........and it is mostly b/c there is something on TV I wanna watch OR homie needs to take a piss :rofl:.

Yeah, I do use the Switch's hybrid features to the fullest of its god damn extent........I can never 100% TV mode OR 100% handheld mode OR 100% tabletop mode this thing. I'm always using the Switch in every single form it is given at some point in time. Once again, the god damn genius of Nintendo at work.

That being said, motion control is always disabled for me......unless you're in one of those god damn shrines in BOTW that forces you to use the motion control gyros :smh:

Funny thing, I got my Switch day one (midnight) I have yet to even touch the dock. Only play handheld. Dock is still in the box

Funny thing, I got my Switch day one (midnight) I have yet to even touch the dock. Only play handheld. Dock is still in the box

That is the beauty of the thing......you can pick one mode and stick to it 100% if you want. You may just love it handheld, ain't nuttin wrong with that.

And it'll maintain "home console quality game play" no matter which mode you put it in, that is the pure genius of the Switch.

I ain't gonna lie, I've been using it handheld more lately since my TV has been occupied with Destiny 2 on my PS4. When Super Mario Odyssey comes out, the PS4 goes back to sleep and the Switch gets some TV time again.

I feel I mostly use my switch handheld and that I don’t use its features fully I hardly tv mode since that incident, but I’m just gonna apply a skin and not care about these vertical scratches since they are purely cosmetic...but having a switch that’s actually warped like souljas is something more serious

I traded in destiny 2 after beating the campaign just the other day, it’s time to show the switch some love been playing retro games and PS4 mostly the past 2 months

66BC4EF5-2E4E-495C-9B81-F22CF28CBF17.jpeg
953BED29-0518-4A84-A8F3-4FDB6B26ABE8.jpeg
A25A447A-39BE-4E8D-8AB5-950E0A0BC5B1.jpeg

With the dock, check your switch the bezel or the back for vertical scratches or run a penny between your dock if it gets stuck then your dock is bent...obviously I didn’t make these scratches got no kids and I’m pretty good with my stuff

I just tried the penny test on my dock and the penny did get stuck but not until the very top pretty much. My Switch has zero scratches on the back on some very very minor ones on the front of my screen protector

Will probably call them tomorrow and see what they can do for me. If they'll send me a brand new one for free I'll do it for the hell of it hahah but good looks on that video

thats what u get
for thinking u could best me in smash
>D when smash finally drops, no mercy for you. You must be ready to attend this barbeque my brother

My switch dock is warped I posted about it before but y’all looked at me crazy lol, called Nintendo but I never sent it in... I was playing mk8 left it on but turned off my tv expecting the switch to turn its self off after a while but it didn’t...if your switch has scratches on the bezel or the back vertically it’s probably because of the dock
Yeah, my switch wouldn't fit into the dock. I would have to force it a bit. Tried it on my friend's dock and had the same issue. Then his switch fit in my dock fine. My dock isn't bent. Also, everybody check near the power button on your consoles. Apparently alot of switches were screwed together to tightly and it causes cracks near the power button. People say its only an aesthetic problem but it looks like it could be a problem down the road

yooooo finally got a release date
oct 31st
who tryna get this work in monopoly :nerd:
that online play is gonna be clutch

Look, I promised myself since its release a month ago that I wouldn't talk bad about NBA 2K18 in relation to the Switch ANYMORE, however I ran across this today

Now.......I'm not mad @ 2K for this. Hell, I'm fully amused by the fact that someone like this Youtuber thought 2K was actually gonna try to accommodate him by giving more "compressed versions" of patch updates for the Switch version of 2K18. The amount of unnecessary salt from this guy when HE WAS WARNED that this would happen......especially when the game required a micro SD card.

You wanted 3rd parties on the Switch, rite? You were willing to take on the flaws of this port of a game where its more superior version is on the PS4/XB1, rite?

So why is he *****ing now......LOL SMH, you reaped what you sow when YOU DIDN'T BUY A BIGGER MICRO SD CARD 'cuz "Oh 2K was gonna accommodate us Switch players with more compressed patch updates instead."

Just posting my observation about this, that is all

Back
Top Bottom