*** No more unlimited Data plan for AT&T Phones ***

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Man E

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Sprint is looking better and better by the moment. Especially with the EVO 4G coming out

The phone etc is pretty impressive and i am thinking about it also. My thing is with most ppl switching just to get a 4G phone 
umm no, most people are swtiching because da EVO4g does a crapload more then what da HD iphone does...can we say superphone?
roll.gif

You can honestly say this stuff and be serious? 

You must be comparing your EVO phone to the iPhone which was released in 2007 (That's a 4 year old phone with minor updates beating out the rest of the competition) because Apple hasn't released the 4G/HD. And by the way, all the prototype specs of the new phone match your fragmented Android phone. 

Apple OS > Anything.

U seriously comparing a handicapped OS to da masterpiece that is froyo?
laugh.gif
C'mon duke I'm ridin on flash, tethering, gig processin muscle...don't even get ur feelings hurt
grin.gif

Um its common knowledge apple OS>droid. And while we mentioning processers, thats laughable at best because the processor wont matter for most of you are using ur phone for youtube,games,movies,music etc. which all are data based. And considering the service only does around 500kps a second, doesnt matter if the phone can process up to 5MB a second.

Thats what disappoints me about the phone (evo 4G) its like a computer with a Intel Core i7, running windows xp, using dial up, or basic dsl. Its a superb phone running a average at best os, using moderate internet speed, with a limited app market.

I have the current $30 data plan, and i use about 1.5 GB of data, my brother on the other hand uses almost 6GB
laugh.gif

"but AT&T points out that 98 percent of its smartphone subscribers use less than 2GB a month, which means that nearly all users ultimately stand to see a $5 reduction in their monthly bills."
That seems like a spin on it. Okay, maybe 98% of subscribers use less than 2GB a month but what percentage use MORE THAN 200MB? If you go OVER 200MB, they're going to charge you. You'd have to get the 2GB plan just to cover anything between 200MB and 2GB.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

so how is data calculated? sorry for the noob question
laugh.gif
bandwith. All those KB's you rack up visiting websites, downloads, streaming vids, sending pictures etc. Say you go to a website, that's only about 6 KB's. Maybe you download a song, that could be 3MB. Streaming a video... that I don't know actually. Sending a picture you took that's 3MB, that's 3MB right there. Receive a reply pic, that's 6MB between two pics.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

new ETF as well.... $325

but guys with $30 data plan presently will still be able to grand-father it into the new 4th generation iphone

it sucks tho cuz people who didn't already have it won't be able to get it anymore.

i guess people have been draining the network

you can only view 200 minutes of youtube video tho? Give me a break...

I stream Pandora ALL THE TIME.... Download apps....

browsing NT.... Unl. is the only choice.

however I use wi-fi at home so that helps... but still its not cool to not offer an unl. plan at all and just try to wax people
Glad im not the only one. No lie i do the EXACT same thing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Sprint is looking better and better by the moment. Especially with the EVO 4G coming out

The phone etc is pretty impressive and i am thinking about it also. My thing is with most ppl switching just to get a 4G phone 
umm no, most people are swtiching because da EVO4g does a crapload more then what da HD iphone does...can we say superphone?

Yo ninjahood no disrespect, you a cool dude and all but.. Why is it that when the iphone is mention you STAY coming out the woods b?
No disrespect, i just want to know..

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

so how is data calculated? sorry for the noob question
laugh.gif

You can actually do it online. At ppl who claim 6Gb etc a month. Yall must dont have a job, dont have a home computer and spend somewhere along the lines of 14-16 hrs a day on the internet a day.

new ETF as well.... $325
wait is this everyone or just people who sign new contracts? cause i plan on getting out of my contract and paying what it originally was, $175.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

You must be comparing your EVO phone to the iPhone which was released in 2007 (That's a 4 year old phone with minor updates beating out the rest of the competition) because Apple hasn't released the 4G/HD. And by the way, all the prototype specs of the new phone match your fragmented Android phone. 

Apple OS > Anything.

laugh.gif
C'mon duke I'm ridin on flash, tethering, gig processin muscle...don't even get ur feelings hurt
grin.gif

Um its common knowledge apple OS>droid. And while we mentioning processers, thats laughable at best because the processor wont matter for most of you are using ur phone for youtube,games,movies,music etc. which all are data based. And considering the service only does around 500kps a second, doesnt matter if the phone can process up to 5MB a second.

Thats what disappoints me about the phone (evo 4G) its like a computer with a Intel Core i7, running windows xp, using dial up, or basic dsl. Its a superb phone running a average at best os, using moderate internet speed, with a limited app market.
What makes the android OS average?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

new ETF as well.... $325
wait is this everyone or just people who sign new contracts? cause i plan on getting out of my contract and paying what it originally was, $175.
It's for new customers starting this month.

I read on yahoo that sprint and verizion's 4g is actually slower than att's 3g. Something about sprint and verizion using a different frequency than att and it somehow equals out to att 3g being faster.

Never mind, figured it out myself. It actually is cheaper than my current bill, even if i pay $10 for an additional GB or two.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

Apple OS > Anything.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

THIS......open your eyes bro, there is more out there than the little world u live in
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nothing Yet

I read on yahoo that sprint and verizion's 4g is actually slower than att's 3g. Something about sprint and verizion using a different frequency than att and it somehow equals out to att 3g being faster.

Article link?
Sprint's 4G tested, is about 10-13Mbps.
VZW's LTE tested at about 8.5Mbps according to a youtube vid they posted.
Idk if AT&T has released info on actual test but I remember reading that in theory, their LTE can hit about 21Mbps....
AT&T and VZW will both have LTE, I'm not sure how the frequencies will match up.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

Apple OS > Anything.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
he can't answer that, if he says da apple OS is better then android, something that you DONT have to jailbreak to multitask,

tether, or install w/e your hearts desire then i doubt he's gonna give you a answer thats not gonna make you laugh at him.

son talking "moderate internet speed" like if 4g THAT common.

can't wait till that new iphone drops so it can be sized up to HTC's best.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif

Apple OS > Anything.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Have u used it before? It isnt bad like i said its sorta like windows xp vs windows 7.

That is true yet for whatever reason ppl seem to overlook that.

this is just at&t's way of improving their service without additional costs on their part. instead of expanding their network they're limiting data and reducing costs in an effort to appeal to customers through "cheaper" plans. SMH, i'm still coppin a 4G but i just hope their new way of charging for data doesn't end up costing me because of a stupid data restriction.

sidenote: apple can't be too happy about this since they're also cutting ipad unlimited data which was one of the selling points for the product in the first place. this new policy will also have an effect on iphone sales for consumers who care about the principle of the matter. we'll see though. i feel like at&t is just pushing their biggest cash cow towards another service provider in a hurry before their exclusive contract is up :/

blah!

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude saying Droid is average

its definitely not average, its not as good as iphone OS for sure, even palm webOS is better than android

android is still young and HAS a lot of potential, but it hasnt been reached yet, you are naive if you dont believe one day android will take over as the #1 OS for phones

but ive said it before, the iPHONE is a BETTER OS, rarely it crashes, better apps, it is the best media device on the market right now

it is an underpowered device, but if youve used the nexus 1 when i owned it, scrolling and zooming were easily not as smooth as the iphone, plus the apps like the facebook app and twidroid is BAD compared to facebook for iphone and tweetie (aka twitter for iphone)

down the line, android will get better, and i would love to switch to it again, but right now, you guys are claiming its the best with all this potential when it is still young

(former g1 and n1 user)

hopefully their acquisition with one of the members of webOs will make android much more design friendly and etc

Back
Top Bottom