No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

Some young kids have to come home and to a different dude in their moms bed.

A 2 parent home is a luxury.

Most those bottle service girls got a kid at the house raising themselves. Next generation of children gonna be even more Savage.

"in a pinch", so you basically saying you gotta pay for day care most of the other times right? leading to what everybody initially telling u thats its expensive when they youngins...

Lets see you backpedal out your own words :nerd: :lol:

payin for daycare is not da same as leaving some play around money for your family member so that they dont have to come out of pocket for your kid, alot of times they refuse to take it if they really love your kid but you leave it just in case.

I come in peace, word to DC

Do you truly believe this to be a catch-all that's applicable to every person?
I do but at the same time I’m willing to learn.
Family dynamics bashing I take real personal because that’s all I have in life. If it wasn’t for family I’d be a NUT causing havoc.
Same applies for alotta guys who have kids that are trying to do the right thing.

I would love that. It would help him to realize how annoying he is on here.
giphy___2019_04_30T150726.750.gif

I'm 36 and I love kids, but i dont have any nor do I plan on having any. I'm too selfish with my time and money. I enjoy my lifestyle too much and dont want to give it up.

I do but at the same time I’m willing to learn.
Family dynamics bashing I take real personal because that’s all I have in life. If it wasn’t for family I’d be a NUT causing havoc.
Same applies for alotta guys who have kids that are trying to do the right thing.

And I never had much of a family and it's nothing something that doesn't really occupies much of my thoughts. My mom was trash and I stopped just short of a restraining order in cutting her off. My father tried his hardest and I respect as a man that but we were never super close. My siblings are another story but that's about where my family begins and ends. This is mainly the reason why I wanted to hear your perspective, starting a legacy is near the bottom of my priority list because of my reality shaping my perspective.

I guess to reiterate that's the point I want to make. Different people experience different realities which results in different perspectives; what one sees value in another may not.

Appreciate you sharing your perspective.

For the majority of my life I've always thought I'd want kids. At 34 years old I'm recently of the view that kids aren't for me based on 1) overwhelming economic challenges 2) Globalization - kids in ex USA countries are becoming way more educated, hungrier and changing the competitive landscape for future generations 3) time and energy commitment and 4) marriage risks with the rise of female empowerment

I'm dealing with the question of my life's purpose now that kid's are out of the picture. This is what occupies my mind these days and I'm still trying to figure it out.

One of the biggest realizations for me through this process are my views on marriage. Once kids are out of the picture, the concept of marriage makes no sense to me. I don't think any man stands to gain anything from marriage outside of creating an optimal environment to raise kids. Outside of that, marriage seems to only bring financial (and emotional) risk. I'm getting my needs met when it comes to s*x, but without the prospect of kids, a lot of women don't see a future with me. So my romantic life has been a mix of random and casual hookups. I'm enjoying it but I've had to be comfortable alone. We as humans are social creatures and companionship is one thing I don't have.

I'd love to have kids more than anything but it doesn't look like it could happen anytime soon.

For the majority of my life I've always thought I'd want kids. At 34 years old I'm recently of the view that kids aren't for me based on 1) overwhelming economic challenges 2) Globalization - kids in ex USA countries are becoming way more educated, hungrier and changing the competitive landscape for future generations 3) time and energy commitment and 4) marriage risks with the rise of female empowerment

I'm dealing with the question of my life's purpose now that kid's are out of the picture. This is what occupies my mind these days and I'm still trying to figure it out.

One of the biggest realizations for me through this process are my views on marriage. Once kids are out of the picture, the concept of marriage makes no sense to me. I don't think any man stands to gain anything from marriage outside of creating an optimal environment to raise kids. Outside of that, marriage seems to only bring financial (and emotional) risk. I'm getting my needs met when it comes to s*x, but without the prospect of kids, a lot of women don't see a future with me. So my romantic life has been a mix of random and casual hookups. I'm enjoying it but I've had to be comfortable alone. We as humans are social creatures and companionship is one thing I don't have.

the older you get the more you realize things change. your view on life changes, your politics, your needs, goals, pretty much everything changes. if we are not evolving we are not improving. having said that, I found a partner that challenges me and makes me a better man. she helps me by balancing me out and keeping me focused on what is important to me/us. we communicate frequently to make sure we are on the same page with everything. our relationship and how we raise are son are the two most important thing we check on. we do it on a weekly basis. humility and communication are HUGE. having said that, there are many benefits to finding a partner. like you said, we are social creatures and we require companionship. she is a great mother and partner. find one of those and don't let go.

Back
Top Bottom