Norcal's GRUB Thread

^Bro, don't get banned over that. NT is a community, just snap a few pictures and post in the B/S forum.

Short ribs were definitely crack, I say the spicy pork is just as good. I'll PM you in a bit. Also Plumber, if you haven't tried Tani's Kitchen in Westlake Daly City, they have cheap food (~$7) for a big portion of donburi.

Chicken Katsu + Rice + LOADDDS of curry (Get it to go, they'll give you like 2/3rds of a to go "tub") for ~ $10.50

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^Bro, don't get banned over that. NT is a community, just snap a few pictures and post in the B/S forum.

Short ribs were definitely crack, I say the spicy pork is just as good. I'll PM you in a bit. Also Plumber, if you haven't tried Tani's Kitchen in Westlake Daly City, they have cheap food (~$7) for a big portion of donburi.

Chicken Katsu + Rice + LOADDDS of curry (Get it to go, they'll give you like 2/3rds of a to go "tub") for ~ $10.50
thanks for the heads up. Tanis is another place ive heard of, but never gone to, but i will.
ive been to eggroll king in DC a few times...pretty damn good too.

check out Marlowe in SF (SOMA)..... place is amazing and it's reasonably priced.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/marlowe-san-francisco-2

397949_10100705993200793_3232000_58656476_458015118_n.jpg

roasted bone marrow
409067_10100705993365463_3232000_58656478_2008401835_n.jpg

baked oysters
398071_10100705993485223_3232000_58656481_1556557766_n.jpg

Anson Mills Polenta wild mushrooms, truffled pecorino & poached farm egg (absolute MUST GET!)
408830_10100705993634923_3232000_58656483_705268848_n.jpg

Marlowe Burger - caramelized onions, cheddar, bacon, horseradish aioli & fries 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

try this burger out, i'd go here over Umami, Father's Office, Barneys, TrueBurger, etc. anyday!!!

18th and valencia in the mission. munchin on a loaf of bread from tartine. if you or someone you know is into baked goods, check this spot out. around 5 they put out fresh hot loaves of bread for 7 bucks each. i'm not a bread expert, but this is some damn good bread. ate some when it was fresh out and it was just stupid how good the bread was. had a morning bun too. crackin. if you want the bread with a good dinner, hit delfina down the street. I had the chicken and mashed potatoes there a year or so ago and it was good enough to remember.

and if you do try to get some bread at 5, try to get there at 5 if it's a weekend. we just happened to be in the neighborhood so we stopped by, but folks go concord XI for this bread. be prepared to hear "sold out" in reference to bread if you get there too late.

Never been, but the photos on yelp make it look ehhh.

I might head over to Old Town Sushi later on today...3ish? Hopefully there arent a lot of people.

I'm off to Ebisu (Richmond district loc.) on Saturday for my birfday. Anybody been there yet? Will try to get some pics...knowing my girlfriend, we'll probably have plenty.

Oh yeah, I believe I met Luong this past winter break. I'm the guy who was in the glasses loitering at Target with Casey.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I'm off to Ebisu (Richmond district loc.) on Saturday for my birfday. Anybody been there yet? Will try to get some pics...knowing my girlfriend, we'll probably have plenty.

Oh yeah, I believe I met Luong this past winter break. I'm the guy who was in the glasses loitering at Target with Casey.
Haha, damn small world. Wsup!

Went to Old Town Sushi last night, not impressed. Folks are friendly, but I'm not there to have a conversation...Sushi was mediocre.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Has anyone eaten at Sushiritto?

laugh.gif
had it the day you posted this.  I work right around the corner and there was no line when I got there, but as I left there was a line 15 deep out the door.  Eating a sushirrito is pretty intimidating, but in the end, its not all that good.  I'd rather pay for a better tasting roll that is a fraction of the size.  Cool idea, but meh.  Probably won't ever go back.

4ox0k.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic.

I'm a disappointed in myself for not checking this thread more often. Going to have to hit up the Bart Grocery sometime soon; I love Korean food!

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but if you like deep dish pizza Little Star is the best! I've had Lou Malnati's in Chicago and even though the crusts aren't the same (cornmeal vs. butter crust) Little Star is waaaayy better! Little Star also serves thin crust but I just can't get myself to try it since I like the deep dish so much.

If you're in the brunswick templeton area in daly city (not too far from the bart grocery) check out this liquor store/deli spot. It's run by a nice family with some great toasted sandwiches. I actually prefer this place over Roxie's and on most days Little Lucca or Darby Dan. Just like little lucca they have a garlic sauce. I usually order the pastrami with cheddar on dutch. http://www.yelp.com/biz/n...uery:new%20market%20deli

^ It's been posted, thanks for reposting though. Definitely good.

There's a new sandwich spot called "One Way" near the USPS post office, gonna try it out.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^ It's been posted, thanks for reposting though. Definitely good.

There's a new sandwich spot called "One Way" near the USPS post office, gonna try it out.

One Way is owned by the folks who run Tselogs a few doors up the street. I had the sisig sandwich a few months back and did not like it at all. I prefer it with rice from Tselogs and not in sandwich form. There's a Latin market a few doors down on the corner from one way that has sells tortas in the back which are really good though.

That sushirito.. where can I get one?

Anybody been to Papa Urbs in Tracy? The sisig fries are good.

Happy Garden in Sacramento, Ca was alright. Better than Panda, but not as good as Happy Garden in Susanville.

That's my contribution...
laugh.gif

WHat are some good grub places near the point richmond area?

I ain't trying to go to Emery bay, those are just over-priced, americanized foods.

So far I've been to Can't fail cafe and it was cool.

to the dude who said Vals burgers in hayward- I second you on that one dude!

Originally Posted by sbsallday12

Vals Burgers in Hayward- hands down best burger in the Bay Area.

Burger was decent. Really couldn't taste anything, buns were too small, fries weren't that good either.
I would rather go to In-n-Out than there 
laugh.gif

big1236 wrote:
WHat are some good grub places near the point richmond area?

I ain't trying to go to Emery bay, those are just over-priced, americanized foods.

So far I've been to Can't fail cafe and it was cool.

to the dude who said Vals burgers in hayward- I second you on that one dude!
Some good places in the Point.
- Little Louie's .. Great sandwiches. The breakfast is off the hook too! Try their famous french toast, man!
- Hotel Mac .. The best place for a nice dinner. The prime rib and rack of lamb is very good. A fully stocked bar is always a plus.
- Up & Under .. Great pub food and great drinks.

The Red Onion > Val's .. Val's is overrated. I tried them years ago from a recommendation. I still think the Red Onion is the best. Pinole or Vallejo, its both consistently good.

real life...

what are some nice places to take a girl to eat? (anniversary type thing)

i.e. alexanders? mortons?

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

what are some nice places to take a girl to eat? (anniversary type thing)

i.e. alexanders? mortons?

Price range? City? Type of food?

@Beezy - I recommend The House in San Francisco. Asian Fusion, really really good food. About $50 a person with appetizer, entree, dessert.

Back
Top Bottom