Nordstrom vol. Interview Help!!

So I applied to nordstrom and the next day I got a call and the hr lady gave me a small interview over the phone... I applied for the shoe sections... she toldme to go in on wednesday so im trying to get this job since i recently quit my job... but the problem is I havent had an interview for a long time and i cantlie im kind of nervous so basically anybody ever worked here before or had an interview? any tips would be appreciated

A man, I`m thinking about doing Nordstrom also. You did this online and do you have prior retail experience?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

A man, I`m thinking about doing Nordstrom also. You did this online and do you have prior retail experience?

you bout to work at the nordstrom in lenox mall my man?

imma need that hook up if so.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

I`m gonna apply there and Ralph Lauren if my internship deals don't go through. But I`m just trying to be seasonal, so I don't even knowif they would really holla at me, but I`m a slick talker so we`ll see.

LOL.... im definitely not wearing jordans....

Yea I applied online and called them the next day and they called back. I dont have any retail experience the lady asked and i told her i didnt.. Ive onlyworked at starbucks where i helped people directly and my last job which was at a call center where I was a customer service rep..

naw its in boca mall over here in florida..

Originally Posted by pilo1990

LOL.... im definitely not wearing jordans....

Yea I applied online and called them the next day and they called back. I dont have any retail experience the lady asked and i told her i didnt.. Ive only worked at starbucks where i helped people directly and my last job which was at a call center where I was a customer service rep..
but you gotta realize what business you are really getting into: the customer service business. and guess what: you have those skills
smokin.gif

I`m tryna apply for some Summer stuff though, would now be to early? cause I wont be able to work till I get home

Originally Posted by airkeung88

wear casual...shirt and shoes.
Where business casual shirt and shoes...if you have a nice fitted suit wear thatinstead...you'll be selling higher end mens shoes, so you must look the part.

As for the interview itself....really explain to her that you are motivated by providing a servicefor your customer and the challenge of making the sale. Just say that and explain to her why you do and how you have done that in the past. Explain to her thatyou are a people person and you enjoy talking to all types of people. You are also very dependable and willing to do what it takes to make the sale as well asthe experience for the customer top notch.....this is the type of stuff you have to say to get a job in retail sales....shoot, any type of sales for thatmatter

I`m tryna apply for some Summer stuff though, would now be to early? cause I wont be able to work till I get home

I wouldnt really know about the store down here.. i guess you would have to apply and call them up..

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by airkeung88

wear casual...shirt and shoes.
Where business casual shirt and shoes...if you have a nice fitted suit wear that instead...you'll be selling higher end mens shoes, so you must look the part.

As for the interview itself....really explain to her that you are motivated by providing a service for your customer and the challenge of making the sale. Just say that and explain to her why you do and how you have done that in the past. Explain to her that you are a people person and you enjoy talking to all types of people. You are also very dependable and willing to do what it takes to make the sale as well as the experience for the customer top notch.....this is the type of stuff you have to say to get a job in retail sales....shoot, any type of sales for that matter

appreciate the tips... Im going IN with that response

Dress for the department you're applying for. The Men's Shoe department is full suit, so you better wear one to the interview. I got lucky and washired with no retail experience and no suit (hell, I showed up in a t-shirt and jeans for a sportswear interview), but I killed the interview. Been therealmost a year and a half now and love it.

Tell them you can work any shifts. Even so, you will be closing. A lot.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I work in the Boca Mall. Town Center @ Boca Raton, right?

Nordstroms, when i worked for them, were focused on customer experience/satisfaction. They try to hire people who are dedicated to those goals. It might havechanged so look into their mission statement now.

As far as the interview be prepared since it's pretty lengthy. Mine lasted about 45 minutes plus a phone interview. One on one and the lady taking fiercenotes. Most of the questions dealt with customer service, like what as the best example of my customer service. Other things they ask is how you viewmanagement. They want you to say something like management plays an important role in order for the company to advance in its customer and financial goals.Team work and positive attitude , how you adapt to tough or stressful situation, and how well you can problem solve are also big parts that i remember.

Hope thats helped abit just read their website and dress to impress. If you don't look like you dont kow what you'll be selling it will hurt you on theinterview.

Originally Posted by hic57999

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I work in the Boca Mall. Town Center @ Boca Raton, right?

yes sir... hopefully ill be working there to

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

Nordstroms, when i worked for them, were focused on customer experience/satisfaction. They try to hire people who are dedicated to those goals. It might have changed so look into their mission statement now.

As far as the interview be prepared since it's pretty lengthy. Mine lasted about 45 minutes plus a phone interview. One on one and the lady taking fierce notes. Most of the questions dealt with customer service, like what as the best example of my customer service. Other things they ask is how you view management. They want you to say something like management plays an important role in order for the company to advance in its customer and financial goals. Team work and positive attitude , how you adapt to tough or stressful situation, and how well you can problem solve are also big parts that i remember.

Hope thats helped abit just read their website and dress to impress. If you don't look like you dont kow what you'll be selling it will hurt you on the interview.
someone told me about this ima look up anything I can thatll help me out. thanks

Back
Top Bottom