not one but two threads in one!

Part 1: My goal so far has to become a pharmacist but after college year 1 my gpa isn't quite where it needs to be, and I figure next semester will be the last easy-$%% one. Right now my plan is to work super hard next semester, but if it's not good enough just major in Biology. Any one in here wit a bio degree and what kinda jobs do you have? I just feel lame for havin to backdown from pharmacology
ohwell.gif

Part 2: posted this in the motorcycle thread but no love. I need to get a motorcycle endorsement in WA. It says I can either do the written/driving test or go to a certified class place and and come back with the certificate saying I did to get the written/driving test waived. Is either one easier or cheaper or better in general?

Thanks NT
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I worked in the admissions department of a medical school.  It's not exactly the same, but I'm sure you need a 3.5+ to be competitive.  If your your grades are already low, you might consider changing from a science major because it's going to be nearly impossible to get into any sort of graduate program.  While there are careers out there for candidates with just a B.S., most people are science majors for a reason.  Back to the GPA - have you worked out what it will take mathematically for each remaining semester in undergrad to get the number you want?  GPA math is like voodoo; it's REALLY tough to raise a low GPA and once you're done, you're done.  Taking post-bac courses will raise your cumulative GPA, but not your undergraduate GPA.

I went from failing out of college my sophomore year to Dean's List and National Honor Societies within my major.  But I missed Summa Cum Laude by less than half a grade point because of one bad semester.

I said all that to say this - focus, utilize EVERY resource available (tutors, labs, mentors), and manage your time.

Thanks for answerin. Yeah I need at least a 3.0 to get into grad school and from what Ive heard most people have a 3.4 or somethin. I just gotta work super hard I guess cause nothin else really interests me
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom