NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Welp Hulu Live is going up from $45 to $55. Only a matter of time before Youtube TV hits the $60+ range too. Sling TV still steady at $25 but it's definitely the weakest in terms of streaming/reliability IMO so you get what you pay for.
Yeah, I got that email and immediately canceled.

Only got Sling Orange and for the channels I watch it's great for $25. Before had to get Blue package too to get Warriors broadcasts but now it's in the Orange by itself. Doesn't have ESPN and MTV but I could get MTV through kodi or a movie/tv app (if updated). Got NBA LP through them and NBA TV is included too so I have enough NBA games to watch, games that aired on ESPN I can watch through Sling/NBA app the next day.

Youtube Live is amazing, worth every penny imo. So close to cancelling hulu, Seinfeld is the only thing keeping me.

Yeah, think I might make my return to Sling.

I was with DirecTV Now for a while, but that got too expensive too and they lost MSG which was the only reason I had it.

All I really need is Live ESPN and TNT.

so which is better with the 'live' stuff, hulu or youtube TV?

is it just a matter of preference?

Soo... my bill is ~140 for cable and internet. Called ComTrash, basically told me it’d be 109 just for internet unless I downgrade to some **** that’s like 10 MB per second. Pressed them out, asked for a manager, threatened to cancel. No luck. problem is, I have no other decent internet supplier in my building (there’s FIOS but it’s the really low speed version for some reason).

kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any suggestions are welcomed

Yeah, think I might make my return to Sling.

I was with DirecTV Now for a while, but that got too expensive too and they lost MSG which was the only reason I had it.

All I really need is Live ESPN and TNT.
When was msg lost? It’s the main reason I keep att now cause no one else offers msg but I just got the price hike also from 50 to 60 starting next month.. joint was 35 when I started

The main 3 are Youtube, Hulu, and Sling.

Youtube TV - $50
Hulu Live TV - $55
Sling Orange - $25 (includes ESPN)
Sling Blue - $25 (includes Fox Sports)
^Both can be combined for $40

I don't think Sling has local channels like NBC, ABC, etc. compared to the other two though...prob why it costs less. If you live in an area where an HD antenna can pick up those channels then you'll be fine. I can get everything except ABC where I live

The more people drop from cable/satellite and switch over, the higher it’s going to get. Eventually, it’ll probably hit $100 range.

Welp Hulu Live is going up from $45 to $55. Only a matter of time before Youtube TV hits the $60+ range too. Sling TV still steady at $25 but it's definitely the weakest in terms of streaming/reliability IMO so you get what you pay for.

Fam, Ive had less problems out of Sling than any other service. It damn near ran flawlessly. I only changed it cause it doesnt offer all of the local channels here, only a couple.

so if i got the disney+ bundle with hulu, i might as well go the hulu live route instead of doing the youtube tv route, right?

Soo... my bill is ~140 for cable and internet. Called ComTrash, basically told me it’d be 109 just for internet unless I downgrade to some **** that’s like 10 MB per second. Pressed them out, asked for a manager, threatened to cancel. No luck. problem is, I have no other decent internet supplier in my building (there’s FIOS but it’s the really low speed version for some reason).

kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Any suggestions are welcomed
Why are they doing that to you? I pay $42/month for 200Mbps.

Internet and xfinity basic-$30
Netflix/Hulu-my homeboy account
Amazon Prime-included in my annual amazon student subscription ( I got the .edu email from work)
Watch att tv- included with the cell phone plan
ESPN + - $50 annual

Basic I’m saving a ton monthly since I cut the cord, I’m lucky right now :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom