NT, do you say bye? Vol. Phone, leaving your home, etc.

And where are you from?

I noticed one big difference (besides driving, and that's a huge topic in and of its own) between California and Nebraska is people saying "bye"when hanging up the phone. There are times when people hang up and at first I thought it was a slap in the face, but it's just how a lot of people arehere from Nebraska - it's weird! Also, I noticed some people don't say bye to their parents or when they leave a friends house either. I knowwe're college students, but it's still puzzling for me, especially on the phone. I guess 90% of the time in movies and TV, they don't say byeeither, but I didn't notice that until someone mentioned it to me. In Cali when I used to live there, everyone says bye and whatnot.

Has anyone else noticed these things? haha

i always say bye and tell my parents that i love them whether it's on the phone/in person. and with other people i always say hi/bye.

Mom, dad, sisters- ok bye

girl friends- ok bye or iight one

boy friends- iight dawg, ayo im out blood, hit me up later b

parents make it a necessary thing if I'm leaving the crib and they are awake I have to say goodbye

Originally Posted by Boxxy

you're on boxden too? i been on there for years

and I always fumble with salutations myself.

95% of the time i say aight peace

2% is bye
3% is f_ you s_ stop callin me.

if it's my mom or dad it's "alright then" we not really affectionate in my family so no I love you is needed

If it's my boys it's "aight bruh" or a simple "yup I'm out"

Originally Posted by Boxxy

What!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif

phone "bye" or "aight"

leaving the house "ill be back later"

friends house "aiight later/see ya"

females, older people bye, take care
dudes-ight, peace
parents-see ya later

my parents always said bye means forever

dude, i even say bye to my house if im gonna be gone for a day or two, like straight up "Bye house", haha, I live in the bay bye the way

I never say bye...unless I'm not gonna talk to someone for a longgggggggg time...I just say see you later...aiight cuz...or holla...or one...some sort ofsign off...

to me, when i say good bye or bye that has me thinkin im not gonna see them in a hurry, so i just say laterz or since im trini i also use "aight laterzzor aight ah gone"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom