NT, how do you "dap"?

Excuse me, brothers of NT.
Please explain your uninformed white brother what exactly a "dap" is and how I can look cool doing it?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Please explain your uninformed white brother what exactly a "dap" is and how I can look cool doing it?
Dap is just shaking hands the non-suit-and-tie way. We just call it "shaking" or "shaking up". It's a billion differentvariations and I've even had to fake the funk and act like i knew a handshake that I didn't. That's always awkward. I be like, "Fammo, youknow damn well I ain't grow up twisting my fingers with ya'll. How you gon' spring the club house shake on me like that?!" So confusionshappens to even the most non-white of us
grin.gif
. No biggie my Caucasian brethren from another.... mothren?
laugh.gif

In elementary I had a secret handshake with this girl I liked.

Same idea?

Actually on a serious note I love doing the 'dap' demonstrated on the first page. I feel like Larry David

Originally Posted by Lloydbanks827

index finger out dap
+
6) In a firm yet friendly voice, utter the urban respect greeting. ('Whats up/good(with you)/goin on/poppin/craccin, my dude/son/G/*brotha*)

Except for when I'm sick, then it's the
fist bump
or the forearm bump.

In HS/ early college, the dap of choice was the Hi-Five.

We had the neighborhood shake too. But that was too elaborate.

Originally Posted by potus2028

Full Version: 1) Extend arm
2) Firmly grasp the greetee's hand
3) Slide hand in direction of greetee, interlock thumbs. This becomes the fulcrum 4 the shake.
4) With fulcrum established, make a loose fist.
5) Draw greetee in for one arm hetero-hug. This must not last over 7 seconds.
6) In a firm yet friendly voice, utter the urban respect greeting. ('Whats up/good(with you)/goin on/poppin/craccin, my dude/son/G/*brotha*)
7) Release hetero-hug, slide hands away from each other, while ensuring 2 lightly clasp each other's fingertips on the way out. This serves as a note 2 let both parties know the dapping process has come 2 an end.
Complete!

Course, if you dont know the greetee like that, steps 5-7 may be omitted.

roll.gif
did the play by play like this is a cowboys game.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Dap is just shaking hands the non-suit-and-tie way. We just call it "shaking" or "shaking up". It's a billion different variations and I've even had to fake the funk and act like i knew a handshake that I didn't. That's always awkward. I be like, "Fammo, you know damn well I ain't grow up twisting my fingers with ya'll. How you gon' spring the club house shake on me like that?!" So confusions happens to even the most non-white of us
grin.gif
. No biggie my Caucasian brethren from another.... mothren?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The Index Finger Out Dap? What's that?
nerd.gif

just a regular dap with your index finger pointed towards the person

Originally Posted by archnoobie

I'm gona start one of these extra long dap sequences with a co-worker
laugh.gif
how do you even come up with those?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but i do the standardized dap for the regular greeting.

i do the three time hand slap dap with the inner circle tho. why? idk either. it just stuck since childhood.

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

The Index Finger Out Dap? What's that?
nerd.gif
just a regular dap with your index finger pointed towards the person

i hated when someone would give me one of these...id be confused in the transition when they do an unexpected point and im tryna figure out if itstoo late to point
smh.gif

but i usually just stick with the "inter locking thumb with the slide and 4 finger clasp" dap ...anything else with someone you not that cool with isuncivilized...

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

What about them dudes who be giving you that EXTRA hard dap though. Finna slap your damn hands off
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Yea...and they keep their arm and hand stiff as hell right after. In a quickness you dont even know how the hell their arm goes back to their sides.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

^
laugh.gif
muscles all tense and *@*%
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Never understood why dudes be doin that...like the "You killedme in 2K9 AND I was the Cavs GG" handshake.
smh.gif

Do any of you snap your fingers after? I swear to god if you snap your fingers after a dap in NY you will get laughed at. Always hated that.

Basic

But the funny thing is, when I went out West to visit...dudes were doing the regular dap and then bump knuckles.

indifferent.gif

WOW, wth...it took me all the way down page 1 to get that this post was about a handshake/greeting.

Back
Top Bottom