NT, how much money do you have in your bank account/savings?

i got no problem saying this
I got about 300 in the bank

and owe 7k in cc debt
times Are tough

just hoping I get back on my feet soon

just before someone says I’m lying , I’m not, those who have seen my past posts know I’ve had a rough couple of months this year

so yeah hoping to get on my feet fast

How many hours a week do you work? Do you do any independent contracting jobs? Do you have a license? Do you have a high car note? High mortgage? High rent? What are your vices?

Old me will be fine but current me is comfortable.

Last edited:
OP trying figure out which accounts to run up into so he dont waste time...yo aint slick :lol:

How does knowing what we got
Help u save
U just wanna be nosey as hell
And anyone who answers
Just tryna humble brag
Whole thread is trash I’m out
Hope this gets deleted

Not sure if nosiness, but he's definitely using us to measure where he's at financially which is just as bad.

Everyone is in a unique situation OP.

I think I read something like ¼ of millennials aren't saving for retirement and 60% have a savings account under $5K. Scary.

all I’m gonna contribute to this thread is you never know how much assistance someone has had in their lives. A lot of people have a ton saved because they hustled, have good jobs, are smart budgeters, etc but there’s a lot of people with a lot of money due to family paying for college, marrying someone who contributes a high income in addition to their own income, and other factors. Never compare yourself to anyone.

Example: I have a friend who’s married and has a good job. His wife makes solid money as well, and he recently put an offer on a million dollar crib. However, his father in law is contributing $400k (he’s a dr and spoils all his daughters) so without that monster contribution he couldn’t afford that crib
My friend bought a $1.2million house at 26. His parents helped him with a $600k down payment. They did the same for his older brother a year or so before that. The parents arent doctors or anything, they own a pho restaurant in Chinatown :lol:

The only thing regarding my finances that I will disclose is that I have a 401K, IRA, Investment Account managed by my employer and I save 33% of my check each pay period. I'm not where I want to be and have a ton of financial insecurity. No specific numbers, but I'm not starving. I'm not comfortable either.

Now is not the time to save your $$$. Sure, have an account for a "rainy day" or whatever but now is the time to seek returns greater than what a savings account will yield because interest rates are s****y now.

This thread and the other thread asking about the last time you cried, and the one about being cheated on will be used as ammo.

I peeped that this is how this site gets down after someone tried to catfish me on a few threads here. A bunch of suckers roam this parts.
catfish? what thread was that?

How many hours a week do you work? Do you do any independent contracting jobs? Do you have a license? Do you have a high car note? High mortgage? High rent? What are your vices?
Hey bro
currently the only job I could get was a parttime job at coverse , working about 35 hours a week
have a 4.0 bachelors in business administration/communication, the field is so damn competitive in interviews
the7k is from cash advances for rent payments , i live in a 1k a month apartment in queens
past 7 months I’ve been making enough at work to pay for daily things like food and transportation, so for rent I had to take cash advances out

12% + 3% Match from employer - 401k
Personal savings - 3/4 of my salary
No student loans - paid off in 2016
No car note - paid off in 2016
Rent is under $700
The Biggest expense is Food (Cooking & Going out) and travel

Well to put it in perspective… I got a savings, checking, 401k and stock in facebook…my checking prally has the least amount of money but I got enough for a rainy day lol

Hey bro
currently the only job I could get was a parttime job at coverse , working about 35 hours a week
have a 4.0 bachelors in business administration/communication, the field is so damn competitive in interviews
the7k is from cash advances for rent payments , i live in a 1k a month apartment in queens
past 7 months I’ve been making enough at work to pay for daily things like food and transportation, so for rent I had to take cash advances out

Paying rent with cash advance sounds like a bad idea. What's the APR on that?

You should get a roommate.

Back
Top Bottom