NT, how much money do you have in your bank account/savings?

I wouldn't mind having this conversation with friends...in person...but i ain't putting it out there on the internet.

But i always wonder how some people do it. The ones with the million dollar homes and 4 kids and drives a tricked out Takoma pick up and wife drives a brand new honda pilot. One kid in private school. Meanwhile she works part time and he is a "project manager" for a small company. Like you really racking in over 10k a month TAKE HOME pay to be footing those bills?

I constantly feel like I'm doing it wrong :lol:

I wouldn't mind having this conversation with friends...in person...but i ain't putting it out there on the internet.

But i always wonder how some people do it. The ones with the million dollar homes and 4 kids and drives a tricked out Takoma pick up and wife drives a brand new honda pilot. One kid in private school. Meanwhile she works part time and he is a "project manager" for a small company. Like you really racking in over 10k a month TAKE HOME pay to be footing those bills?

A Tacoma and Pilot? :ohwell::blush::rofl:
They need to save more money lol

this convo could be had in the personal finances thread which talks about budgetting, saving etc

Yea I wouldn’t keep my money in a regular savings either. They hand out like a 0.01% APY. The hell is that :lol:
I barely like my 1.70% from Discover. Was thinking about a CD but that just as bad.
If you have the money for stocks try that.

Funny how investing pops up in here. I was actually thinking to myself last night before I went to bed how I should really look into investing. It was just a random thought I had but I think I wanna get into it. Any tips on where to start?

As for investing, Robinhood changed the game. Now most brokerage houses dropped fees. So there is no reason you can’t buy at least one stock: hell buy nike. It’s now free to setup an account and buy. E-Trade is still solid and easy to use.

I’m a fan of dividend stocks.

You missed the point
Not really but okay

robinhood def wassup. I got that link too :lol:

I wouldn’t buy Nike. Especially for only one stock :lol:

I don’t know a damn thing about stocks. I just have a Roth and a vanguard 401k through my job.

robinhood def wassup. I got that link too :lol:

I wouldn’t buy Nike. Especially for only one stock :lol:

You got to start somewhere. For beginners it’s always good to go with brands you trust and buy for a long hold. I’m just encouraging young people to get started.

i legit have no idea how much money i/we have. i keep about 1k in my checking and the rest goes to my ira and my wife. she takes care of all the bills and investments. condo is paid off so no mortgage. both cars are paid off. i know some goes into my son's 529 and we need to start one for my daughter. my wife quit her job to stay home with our new baby and we still have enough to live ok and pay for my son's tuition. i don't get to buy all kinda shoes anymore though. if i were in charge of the money, we'd probably end up in the streets :lol:

Kinda related but I drive through those million dollar neighborhoods sometimes and the car is just a 2001 camry or something.

tenor.gif

sike

Kinda related but I drive through those million dollar neighborhoods sometimes and the car is just a 2001 camry or something.
there are a lot of people who put no value in automobiles other than a means of transportation
i am one of those people.

I was working on this dude’s house this summer. Neighborhood was wild. All multi million dollar houses.

dude was a lawyer and lived in a couple million dollar house and he straight up told me he was broke af. He said he spent too much on his house trying to keep up with everyone else. :lol:

Dude drove a Highlander and all his neighbors had Ferrari’s and turbo Porsche’s.

cool dude for sure, his broke isn’t our broke though. Dude saved up for a year and dropped 65k cash on a driveway.

More $$, more bills.

Investing is tough and requires a TON of homework, that’s why rich people go to hedge funds and financial advisors. Ish ain’t easy.

Back
Top Bottom