NT, my music equipment and photography gear was stolen Vol Rising from the ashes Vol anything helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make a long story short, two weeks ago after a weekly gig I played at a cafe here as a DJ, I packed everything into my car (2 backpacks and a large speaker) and drove over to another bar to wait for a friend and move around somewhere else briefly. I had all my stuff hidden and found my window busted and 2 backpacks missing, containing my mixer/laptop/camera/lenses/etc and nothing else in my car missing, including a $800 ish QSC speaker that wasn't stolen, some emergency money in my glove box in case of accident that wasn't stolen and a $300 flash in my arm rest that wasn't stolen, so it's very safe to say they were in and out in 5 seconds. I think I was followed from the first spot by some crooks who recognized me from somewhere else or saw me packing up :smh: orrrrr some bitter ex-girlfriend or saboteur that doesn't like me shining :smh:

To sum it up, I work freelance as a DJ and also photograph for a local newspaper, which makes me recognizable to some people who see me out. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and some lucky crackhead came up on some expensive items by chance and I wasn't actually targeted. I don't know, I may never know. I don't make a lot of money and haven't found a job since I graduated college in december, so this is my only way of making money. I've still been able to work a few events borrowing gear from friends, but I can't rely on that.

I am posting this as a subtle cry for help from a website I've grown to consider a part of me and my youth. If you guys have the smallest amount you can help with, I'd really really appreciate it. I can send you some records on vinyl and I'd eat the shipping charge, just give me your social media profiles and I'll "curate" a choice based on what you seem to like, I have a big collection.

As a sidenote, I've done everything I can to find the stolen stuff. Asked a good amount of pawn shops in the area if they have anything for sale and sent craigslist emails posing as a photography class student, hoping I can run a sting of sorts on a thief if they popped up, but nothing promising has came up. Would sure like to smack some skin off their face if I ever found, would even run to NT to help with backtracing and internet policing them but I have no real leads. Wonder if I ever

I'm still trying repiece and plan the next few weeks of my life so I can bounce back quickly, I just need some help. I'm sorry if I typed too much, just want to give a heads up on the situation. I appreciate any support I may receive from you guys.

Here is a link to donate

and here is a link to donate on Paypal as well!

View media item 795705
Thanks fams

Last edited:

sad story
but this should be locked
Why dude got all his tools stolen and hes just asking for sum help

Will help u when sum funds clear up
roll.gif

What records you got bruh? :nerd:
Well I have roughly 200-300 12" records from the 90s-2000s era of rap that might be NT relevant, a larger part of my collection is Jazz and Soul and Funk and RnB and Easy Listening and Soundtracks, that total number is maybe 1200 total records

I have lots of rap singles from our "middle school" era of rap ie Murder Inc, Fab, Rocafella etc

I'll throw in some cash bruh...but also gotta wait till pay day Wednesday....it takes courage to ask a bunch if strangers for a hand out.

If you can supply a brother with a trap mix (even just names) i'd be more than glad to contribute.

I mean, ill probably contribute anyways but it would be nice. 
laugh.gif

Gotta wait til payday too though. 
embarassed.gif

If you can supply a brother with a trap mix (even just names) i'd be more than glad to contribute.

I mean, ill probably contribute anyways but it would be nice. :lol:

Gotta wait til payday too though. :wow:
Like me mixing one for you? Or me giving you some names?

Here's a one take mix I did last year, contains a bit of trap/b-more but mainly UKG and house :smokin

Can't embed.

how did you buy that stuff in the first place? 
Buying up and selling what I already had, repeatedly, over and over, til I landed on the last set up I had. Basically using stuff for a period, selling at an ideal price and upgrading to something better at a great price when possible, continuously. I'm more focused on how I can shoot and being able to shoot in the first place than gear itself, so the opportunity itself to shoot is what pushes me as an artist

I also resell and flip camera gear all the time, which has been a little harder with all this happening, since I can't shoot events and make money to buy product to flip in the first place. Kinda circular logic I know, but I've borrowed gear here and there to shoot small things will I handle this bump. One passion fuels the other and vice versa. Haven't found a legit job thus far out of school, and during school I did the same, buy/sell/play music/produce and just do what I can for $$$. I'm an immigrant and was without a work permit for 4 years so I got used to it and was proud of doing something I taught myself and was actually legal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom