NT Recommend Me Some Headphones

So at some point last week my Zumreed Dream headphones just stopped workingin the left ear. They'd had some static off and on for about a day before they just stopped working altogether. Now, when I got these last spring, I wasreally impressed with the sound as well as the comfort-level (not clamping on my ears too much). However, not that they've kicked the bucket on me, Ireally can't say the same for the durability. I may not have been 100% gentle with these headphones but I didn't beat them up either. I would just goand buy another pair of the exact same kind, but I don't want to waste the money if this is a trend in the line, rather than just an unlucky occurance ofgetting a bad pair. So what I'm asking for is a little advice from whoever knows a bit about headphones. I'd prefer something in the same price rangethat I purchased the Zumreeds for (~$75), but I'm willing to spend a bit more if I know that a new pair will LAST. Any suggestions? Thanks!

for around $75, you can find discounted and discontinued V series and MDR series Sony headphones on Amazon.
i have these Amazon product ASIN B0007N55OGand they sound fantastic. The earcups are very comfortable ( i wear them for hours on end) and my ears dont sweat.

My Bose headphones work great
pimp.gif
....obviously they're going to cost you a lot but ifyou've got the money it's worth it

I tried out the Beats by Dr. Dre a couple weeks ago at the Apple Store. By far the BEST headphones I've EVER tried... The sound was AMAZING.
$350, though...

DAMN htownhooper31, you beat me to it
smh.gif

oh well I ca still do this

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I tried out the Beats by Dr. Dre a couple weeks ago at the Apple Store. By far the BEST headphones I've EVER tried... The sound was AMAZING.
$350, though...

for real? have you ever listened to high quality headphones before?

Thanks so much for all of your help guys. Those Beats headphones look pretty sick but I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend $350 on headphones yet. TheAudio Technica m-50s are more in my price range, but I'll definitely research all of these. Your input is much appreciated.

edit -- In Yo Nostril, what's wrong with them? I plan on getting to an Apple store to test them out for myself (assuming they have them there when I go),but for the time being, are they lower quality than they appear to be?

After much review, I've decided to go with the Audio Technica m50. Hopefully I can find a store that will have them available to test before purchasing.Thanks again for all your help guys!

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

After much review, I've decided to go with the Audio Technica m50. Hopefully I can find a store that will have them available to test before purchasing. Thanks again for all your help guys!

Good choice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Stay away from skull candy. Also if your listening to MP3's go with something cheap. If your listening to vinyl go ahead and spend some money.

my boy got the beats, theyre ok, i would rather o for some bose, if your spending money like that.
ipersonally use these sony,
1063622.jpg

theyre about the same as the Audio Technica m50 in prices, bout 120

these are piff. copped the white pair for $60. marked down from $150

525260.jpg

Shure scl3 @ musiciansfriend.com

btw...they come with like 10 different sets /types of ear plugs and they are covered by warranty for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom